Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Remote Linux server not accessible from same gateway after somedays Post 302797235 by Sod on Monday 22nd of April 2013 05:37:26 AM
Old 04-22-2013
Check the remote server's /var/log/messages for the connection refusal reason by accessing it from some other machine where you have access. Do a traceroute also..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Remote Linux Server

I have friend that would like to run a dedicated game server on a remote linux machine. Now the game(RvS) itself does not have a linux version. So I am using wine to start the program. Most people who have gotten it to run on linux run it on a box they have access to. For it to run a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: viRaven
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mac 10.4>terminal>linux remote server>ssh login accepted>session closed-why?

mac 10.4>terminal>linux remote server>ssh login accepted>session closed-why? AHHHH!! I have been connecting to the server with the line: ssh userid@website.com The remote server accepts my password; logs me in with ssh; posts a lovely welcome message AND closes the session. Is this a "term... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xprankard
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

TomCat access in an Remote Linux Server

Hi all, I Installed Tomcat in an remote linux server (/usr/tomcat)and start service, using ./startup.sh (and tried with ./catalina.sh too). //----------------------------------------------------------------// # ./startup.sh Using CATALINA_BASE: /usr/tomcat/apache-tomcat-6.0.16/ Using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gothama
1 Replies

4. Linux

Install Linux on remote server from Windows PC

I am very new with servers and have never used Linux. The server I'm looking at is not currently connected to anything, and I wish to install Linux on this server. It doesn't have a monitor (no video card) or keyboard. It does have a DVD. Can I communicate with that server using a Windows PC to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kvalenti
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running Commands on a Remote Linux Server over SSH

Hello, I'm trying to create a ksh script to ssh to a remote server, enter the password and a couple commands. For security reasons I have changed the login, password and ip in my example. #!/bin/ksh ssh -t -t username@12.5.5.3 << EOF password cd bin pwd EOF When I run it. It... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: seekryts15
5 Replies

6. Red Hat

Samba Server not accessible after establishing iptables rules

Hi All, If I disable the iptables on the server then I can use the command mount -t cifs //192.168.122.21/sharedata tmpdata -o username=smbuser4,password=1234 If I enable the iptables. However I have use the commands on server iptables -A INPUT -m state --state NEW -m udp -p udp --dport... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joj123
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is it possible to upload files from a Linux station to a remote server via HTTPS?

Hi, I have a small Linux device that measures some IP stats from one network and then generates some stats files (csv format) based on the input at certain times. I want those stats files to be transmitted to a remote server a couple of times per day. The Linux device is placed in a location... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Zooma
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sudo connect to a remote server and execute scripts in remote server

Hello Every one!! I am trying to write a shell script which will connect to a remote server and execute scripts which are at a certain path in the remote server. Before this I am using a sudo command to change the user. The place where I am stuck is, I am able to connect to the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: masubram
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script connect to remote server, not find files and exit only from remote server, but not from scrip

I have a script, which connecting to remote server and first checks, if the files are there by timestamp. If not I want the script exit without error. Below is a code TARFILE=${NAME}.tar TARGZFILE=${NAME}.tar.gz ssh ${DESTSERVNAME} 'cd /export/home/iciprod/download/let/monthly;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Inconsistency between RedHat 6.5 global gateway and single gateway leads to loss of default gateway

Dear friends I use RedHat 6.5, which sets the gateway in the configuration file / etc / sysconfig / network as GATEWAY = 192.168.1.26, and the gateway in the configuration file / etc / sysconfig / network-scripts / ifcfg-eth11 as GATEWAY = 192.168.1.256. The two gateways are different.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanpeng
6 Replies
STARTSRV(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       STARTSRV(8)

NAME
startsrv - invoke ttysrv for a particular host. SYNOPSIS
startsrv host DESCRIPTION
startsrv fires up ttysrv for a given host. It will kill any already running instance for that host, then read /etc/remote- tty/opt/<host>.srv for any options to pass to ttysrv (defaulting to those that set 9600,8n1), /etc/remote-tty/prot/<host>.sock for the per- missions the socket should be set to (default 660), /etc/remote-tty/owner/<host>.sock for the owner of the socket (default rttymgr:dialout) and /etc/remote-tty/prot/<host>.log for the permissions of the logfile (default 640). The device node used is /etc/remote-tty/dev/<host>. This will normally be a symlink to the correct file in /dev. ttysrv is configured to log to /var/log/remote-tty/<host>/<host>, with a pidfile at /var/run/remote-tty/pid/<host> and the socket at /var/run/remote-tty/sock/<host>. SEE ALSO
remote-tty(1), ttysrv(8). AUTHOR
rtty was written by Paul Vixie <vixie@isc.org>. This manual page was written by Jonathan McDowell <noodles@earth.li> for the Debian project (but may be used by others). May 23, 2006 STARTSRV(8)