Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Remote Linux server not accessible from same gateway after somedays Post 302797235 by Sod on Monday 22nd of April 2013 05:37:26 AM
Old 04-22-2013
Check the remote server's /var/log/messages for the connection refusal reason by accessing it from some other machine where you have access. Do a traceroute also..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Remote Linux Server

I have friend that would like to run a dedicated game server on a remote linux machine. Now the game(RvS) itself does not have a linux version. So I am using wine to start the program. Most people who have gotten it to run on linux run it on a box they have access to. For it to run a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: viRaven
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mac 10.4>terminal>linux remote server>ssh login accepted>session closed-why?

mac 10.4>terminal>linux remote server>ssh login accepted>session closed-why? AHHHH!! I have been connecting to the server with the line: ssh userid@website.com The remote server accepts my password; logs me in with ssh; posts a lovely welcome message AND closes the session. Is this a "term... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xprankard
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

TomCat access in an Remote Linux Server

Hi all, I Installed Tomcat in an remote linux server (/usr/tomcat)and start service, using ./startup.sh (and tried with ./catalina.sh too). //----------------------------------------------------------------// # ./startup.sh Using CATALINA_BASE: /usr/tomcat/apache-tomcat-6.0.16/ Using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gothama
1 Replies

4. Linux

Install Linux on remote server from Windows PC

I am very new with servers and have never used Linux. The server I'm looking at is not currently connected to anything, and I wish to install Linux on this server. It doesn't have a monitor (no video card) or keyboard. It does have a DVD. Can I communicate with that server using a Windows PC to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kvalenti
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running Commands on a Remote Linux Server over SSH

Hello, I'm trying to create a ksh script to ssh to a remote server, enter the password and a couple commands. For security reasons I have changed the login, password and ip in my example. #!/bin/ksh ssh -t -t username@12.5.5.3 << EOF password cd bin pwd EOF When I run it. It... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: seekryts15
5 Replies

6. Red Hat

Samba Server not accessible after establishing iptables rules

Hi All, If I disable the iptables on the server then I can use the command mount -t cifs //192.168.122.21/sharedata tmpdata -o username=smbuser4,password=1234 If I enable the iptables. However I have use the commands on server iptables -A INPUT -m state --state NEW -m udp -p udp --dport... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joj123
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is it possible to upload files from a Linux station to a remote server via HTTPS?

Hi, I have a small Linux device that measures some IP stats from one network and then generates some stats files (csv format) based on the input at certain times. I want those stats files to be transmitted to a remote server a couple of times per day. The Linux device is placed in a location... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Zooma
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sudo connect to a remote server and execute scripts in remote server

Hello Every one!! I am trying to write a shell script which will connect to a remote server and execute scripts which are at a certain path in the remote server. Before this I am using a sudo command to change the user. The place where I am stuck is, I am able to connect to the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: masubram
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script connect to remote server, not find files and exit only from remote server, but not from scrip

I have a script, which connecting to remote server and first checks, if the files are there by timestamp. If not I want the script exit without error. Below is a code TARFILE=${NAME}.tar TARGZFILE=${NAME}.tar.gz ssh ${DESTSERVNAME} 'cd /export/home/iciprod/download/let/monthly;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Inconsistency between RedHat 6.5 global gateway and single gateway leads to loss of default gateway

Dear friends I use RedHat 6.5, which sets the gateway in the configuration file / etc / sysconfig / network as GATEWAY = 192.168.1.26, and the gateway in the configuration file / etc / sysconfig / network-scripts / ifcfg-eth11 as GATEWAY = 192.168.1.256. The two gateways are different.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanpeng
6 Replies
xon(1X) 																   xon(1X)

NAME
xon - start an X program on a remote machine SYNOPSIS
xon remote-host [-access] [-debug] [-name window-name] [-nols] [-screen screen-no] [-user user-name] [command...] OPTIONS
Note that the options follow the remote host name (as they do with rlogin). Runs xhost locally to add the remote host to the host access list in the X server. This will not work unless xhost is given permission to modify the access list. Normally, xon disconnects the remote process from stdin, stdout and stderr to eliminate the daemon processes which usually connect them across the network. Specifying the -debug option leaves them connected so that error messages from the remote execution are sent back to the originating host. This specifies a different application name and window title for the default command (xterm). Normally xon passes the -ls option to the remote xterm; this option suspends that behaviour. This changes the screen number of the DISPLAY variable passed to the remote command. By default, xon simply uses rsh/remsh/rcmd to connect to the remote machine using the same user name as on the local machine. This option cause xon to specify an alternative user name. This will not work unless you have authorization to access the remote account, by placing an appropriate entry in the remote users file. DESCRIPTION
The xon program runs the specified command (default xterm -ls) on the remote machine using rsh, remsh, or rcmd. xon passes the DISPLAY, XAUTHORITY and XUSERFILESEARCHPATH environment variables to the remote command. When no command is specified, xon runs 'xterm -ls'. It additionally specifies the application name to be 'xterm-remote-host' and the win- dow title to be 'remote-host'. xon can only work when the remote host will allow you to log in without a password, by having an entry in the file permitting access. BUGS
xon can get easily confused when the remote-host, user-name or various environment variable values contain white space. xon has no way to send the appropriate X authorization information to the remote host. xon(1X)