Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Random web page download wget script Post 302796761 by hanson44 on Saturday 20th of April 2013 06:49:09 PM
Old 04-20-2013
If the loop should forever loop, then I would think it would not use the for loop. Right? Because the for loop will go 20 times, and then the script is finished. Is that correct, or am I missing something? Should we just use an infinite loop like while [ 1 -eq 1 ] to make it go forever?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

running shell script thru WEB page ....

....passing variable via list... here 's the HTML code extract : **************** <form method=post action=http://servername/cgi-bin/cgi-comptage_diff.ksh> <table border...........> .............. </table> <table bgcolor=#FFFFFF width="980"> ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nicol
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to download file using wget

Hi I need a Shell script that will download a text file every second from a http server using wget. Can anyone provide me any pointers or sample scripts that will help me go about this task ??? regards techie (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: techie82
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to redirect to a web-page by shell script

Dear all, I am calling a korn shell script(CGI script) by a web-page. This shell script do some checking in a unix file and return true or false. Now within the same script, If it returns true then I want to redirect to another web-page stored in htdocs directory. Example: Login page sends a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi18s
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to copy contents of a web page

Hi All, Sorry to ask this question and i am not sure whether it is possible. please reply to my question. Thanks in advance. I need a perl script ( or any linux compatible scripts ) to copy the graphical contents of the webpage to a word pad. Say for example, i have a documentation site... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand.linux1984
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Possible to download web page's text to a file?

Hi, Say there is a web page that contains just text only - that is, even the source code is just the text itself, nothing more. An example would be "http://mynasadata.larc.nasa.gov/docs/ocean_percent.txt" Is there a UNIX command that would allow me to download this text and store it in a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Breanne
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

Help running a unix script from a web page

First, let me state that I am completely out of my realm with this. I have a server running HPUX. I'm not even sure if this can be considered a UNIX question and for that let me apologize in advance. I need to create a web page where a client can input 2 variables (i.e. date and phone number).... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: grinds
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List and download web page files

Hello, Does anyone know of a way to list all files related to a single web page and then to download say 4 files at a time simultaneously until the entire web page has been downloaded successfully? I'm essentially trying to mimic a browser. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shadyuk
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget - working in browser but cannot download from wget

Hi, I need to download a zip file from my the below US govt link. https://www.sam.gov/SAMPortal/extractfiledownload?role=WW&version=SAM&filename=SAM_PUBLIC_MONTHLY_20160207.ZIP I only have wget utility installed on the server. When I use the below command, I am getting error 403... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prasannag87
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Refresh web page in bash script

hello, I am trying to refresh my web page which is created in bash script. I have a HTML page which when press a button calls a bash script. this bash script created the same page with dynamic data. When pressing the button I am calling to a function that set time out of 7 seconds and and after... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SH78
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to use cURL to download web page with authentification (form)?

Hello, I'm new in the forum and really beginer, and also sorry form my bad english. I use linux and want to create little program to download automaticaly some pdf (invoices) and put in a folder of my computer. I learn how to do and programme with ubuntu but the program will be implemented... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MarcelOrMittal
1 Replies
YAZ-URL(1)							     Commands								YAZ-URL(1)

NAME
yaz-url - YAZ URL fetch utility SYNOPSIS
yaz-url [-H name:value] [-m method] [-O fname] [-p fname] [-u user/password] [-x proxy] [url...] DESCRIPTION
yaz-url is utility to get web content. It is very limited in functionality compared to programs such as curl, wget. The options must be precede the URL given on the command line to take effect. Fetched HTTP content is written to stdout, unless option -O is given. OPTIONS
-H name:value Specifies HTTP header content with name and value. This option can be given multiple times (for different names, of course). -m method Specifies the HTTP method to be used for the next URL. Default is method "GET". However, option -p sets it to "POST". -O fname Sets output filename for HTTP content. -p fname Sets a file to be POSTed in the folloing URL. -u user/password Specifies a user and a password to be uesd in HTTP basic authentication in the following URL fetch. The user and password must be separated by a slash (this it is not possible to specify a user with a slash in it). -x proxy Specifies a proxy to be used for URL fetch. SEE ALSO
yaz(7) YAZ 4.2.30 04/16/2012 YAZ-URL(1)