Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Reg - Working on a CSV File in a script Post 302796673 by anurupa777 on Saturday 20th of April 2013 10:10:12 AM
Old 04-20-2013
This is the code used for the above mentioned purpose
Code:
awk 'FNR==NR{a[$1]=$0 FS $0;next}{ print $0, a[$1]}' file1 file2

I worked it with text files not sure about csv files
This User Gave Thanks to anurupa777 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

reg:rm -R is not working

I am installing the my package in SCO unix 5.0 .so it will create some temporary directories and files and same will delete.So , 'rm -R ' is not working in system .in the package only it has given this command,so now without this command working we can not go forward. so kindly help in this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mokri_1980
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Load data into the database using a .csv file and .ctl file

Since i'm new to scripting i'm findind it difficult to code a script. The script has to be an executable with 2 paramters passed to it.The Parameters are 1. The Control file name(.ctl file) 2. The Data file name(.csv file) Does anybody have an idea about it? :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Csmani
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert a excel file to a .csv file from unix script

Hi I have a excel file in unix machine and have to convert it into a .csv file.I have to do this from a unix script.How do we do this? Thanks Abhinav (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: akashtcs
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conversion of below Tabs Tex file into CSV format file : shell script needed

Request if some one could provide me shell script that converts the below "input file" to "CSV format file" given Name Domain Contact Phone Email Location ----------------------- ------------------------------------------------ ------- ----- ---------------------------------... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreenath1037
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to generate csv file

Hello; I need to generate a csv file that contains a list of all the files in a particular server (from the root directory ie: \) that have a permission stamp of 777. I would like to create the csv so that it contains the following: server name, file name, full path name where file exists,... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvolpini
17 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remodelling the .csv file using the script

Hello All, I have a .csv file named as remark.csv The csv file content looks like below: Remark_Hello_1 Remark_Hello_2 Remark_Hello_3 Remark_Hello_4 Hello_World_FW_0001 X Hello_World_FW_0002 X X Hello_World_FW_0003 X X Hello_World_FW_0004 X X I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suvendu4urs
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove ^L from csv not working...

hello... i have a requirement to convert a xls file to csv in RHEL 6.5 and ftp it to a windows location. i am using xls2csv utility to convert the file in linux. Input xls file attached... I have used below commands to convert the file to csv: xls2csv -x test.xls -s cp1252 -d 8859-1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rhel65
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 files of csv file and match column data and create a new csv file of them

Hi, I am newbie in shell script. I need your help to solve my problem. Firstly, I have 2 files of csv and i want to compare of the contents then the output will be written in a new csv file. File1: SourceFile,DateTimeOriginal /home/intannf/foto/IMG_0713.JPG,2015:02:17 11:14:07... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: refrain
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save output of updated csv file as csv file itself, part 2

Hi, I have another problem. I want to sort another csv file by the first field. result.csv SourceFile,Airspeed,GPSLatitude,GPSLongitude,Temperature,Pressure,Altitude,Roll,Pitch,Yaw /home/intannf/foto5/2015_0313_090651_219.JPG,0.,-7.77223,110.37310,30.75,996.46,148.75,180.94,182.00,63.92 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: refrain
2 Replies
h5diff(1)						      General Commands Manual							 h5diff(1)

NAME
h5diff - Compares two HDF5 files and reports the differences. SYNOPSIS
h5diff file1 file2 [OPTIONS] [object1 [object2 ] ] DESCRIPTION
h5diff is a command line tool that compares two HDF5 files, file1 and file2, and reports the differences between them. Optionally, h5diff will compare two objects within these files. If only one object, object1, is specified, h5diff will compare object1 in file1 with object1 in file2. In two objects, object1 and object2, are specified, h5diff will compare object1 in file1 with object2 in file2. These objects must be HDF5 datasets. object1 and object2 must be expressed as absolute paths from the respective file's root group. Additional information, with several sample cases, can be found in the document H5diff Examples. OPTIONS
file1 file2 The HDF5 files to be compared. -h Print all differences. -r Print only the names of objects that differ; do not print the differences. These objects may be HDF5 datasets, groups, or named datatypes. -n count Print difference up to count differences, then stop. count must be a positive integer. -d delta Print only differences that are greater than the limit delta. delta must be a positive number. The comparison criterion is whether the absolute value of the difference of two corresponding values is greater than delta (e.g., |a-b| > delta, where a is a value in file1 and b is a value in file2). -p relative Print only differences that are greater than a relative error. relative must be a positive number. The comparison criterion is whether the absolute value of the difference 1 and the ratio of two corresponding values is greater than relative (e.g., |1-(b/a)| > relative where a is a value in file1 and b is a value in file2). object1 object2 Specific object(s) within the files to be compared. EXAMPLES
The following h5diff call compares the object /a/b in file1 with the object /a/c in file2: h5diff file1 file2 /a/b /a/c This h5diff call compares the object /a/b in file1 with the same object in file2: h5diff file1 file2 /a/b And this h5diff call compares all objects in both files: h5diff file1 file2 SEE ALSO
h5dump(1), h5ls(1), h5repart(1), h5import(1), gif2h5(1), h52gif(1), h5perf(1) h5diff(1)