Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Switching over to C++
Top Forums Programming Switching over to C++ Post 302796501 by Corona688 on Friday 19th of April 2013 04:11:56 PM
Old 04-19-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribosome
The script is good and doesnt seem to need any fix but it takes some time to process millions of data. So the only concern here is to get this thing done in any other language for optimization.
Now we're getting somewhere. Rebuilding a log scanner in C sounds much more doable than rebuilding an entire application. Can you show this script?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Switching between users

Hi folks, could anyone please tell me how can i switch between two users without going thru the su(i.e. root)? is there any such command? thanks in advance, thell (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thell
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

su (switching to other user)

Hi, what is the use of the double quotes and !! in the following code segment: su - user1 << ""!! > /dev/null 2>&1 echo "welcome user1" EOF !! also what is the difference between below: su - user1 << ""!! > /dev/null 2>&1 and su - $USER << ""!!!> /dev/null 2>&1. Note: $USER =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bjagadeesh
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

su (switching to other user)

Hi, what is the use of the double quotes and !! in the following code segment: su - user1 << ""!! > /dev/null 2>&1 echo "welcome user1" EOF !! also what is the difference between below: su - user1 << ""!! > /dev/null 2>&1 and su - $USER << ""!!!> /dev/null 2>&1. Note: $USER =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bjagadeesh
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Switching between two users

Can any one tell me : How we can switch between two users without prompting for the password. (In the SHELL SCRIPT can we fetch the USERID and PASSWORD from a specified file, without using SUDO command)? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepusunil
2 Replies

5. Linux

Switching from one DNS to another

Hi all, we have running some linux servers with sles9 and we have some problems with our dns servers. Sometimes they don't like to work. However, is there a parameter to enable faster switching between two ore more dns servers? Thx for your help in front Regards frank (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ortsvorsteher
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

switching users

Hi I want to write a script which can switch between super users.But it asks for the password at the prompt.How can I manage in the script so that it didnt ask me for the password at the prompt. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: monika
1 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

vt switching

greetings, i hope this hasn't been covered previously. has anyone heard of a .kext or daemon that would allow linux or (open)solaris-like vt switching? googling didn't help much.. i know os x allows a '>console' login from loginwindow.app, but i'm mainly interested in this because there are... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bamdad
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Switching lines

Hi I'm quite new with linux. Very simple, I need to swap every 2 lines in a file. Example INPUT: a a a b b b x x x y y y s s s t t t OUTPUT: b b b a a a y y y x x x t t t (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hernand
5 Replies

9. Solaris

The switching in the different AP's

HI, I am using the windows 2003 server R2 in there we are using the putty as to access the different AP's now from the primary AP i want to login to several different AP's using a script what the script will do is :- input a text file in which list of different ap's and the corresponding... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amiglani
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Case switching

Hello Folks I am writing this simple program but I am stuck at this point. Here is the snippet from my script where I have issues. 3) echo "Current Directory: $(pwd) Menu 3" echo -e "Enter a file name\n" read fname if then ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tuxidow
5 Replies
Perl::PrereqScanner(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Perl::PrereqScanner(3pm)

NAME
Perl::PrereqScanner - a tool to scan your Perl code for its prerequisites VERSION
version 1.012 SYNOPSIS
use Perl::PrereqScanner; my $scanner = Perl::PrereqScanner->new; my $prereqs = $scanner->scan_ppi_document( $ppi_doc ); my $prereqs = $scanner->scan_file( $file_path ); my $prereqs = $scanner->scan_string( $perl_code ); DESCRIPTION
The scanner will extract loosely your distribution prerequisites from your files. The extraction may not be perfect but tries to do its best. It will currently find the following prereqs: o plain lines beginning with "use" or "require" in your perl modules and scripts, including minimum perl version o regular inheritance declared with the "base" and "parent" pragmata o Moose inheritance declared with the "extends" keyword o Moose roles included with the "with" keyword o OO namespace aliasing using the "aliased" module Scanner Plugins Perl::PrereqScanner works by running a series of scanners over a PPI::Document representing the code to scan. By default the "Perl5", "Moose", "TestMore", "POE", and "Aliased" scanners are run. You can supply your own scanners when constructing your PrereqScanner: # Us only the Perl5 scanner: my $scanner = Perl::PrereqScanner->new({ scanners => [ qw(Perl5) ] }); # Use any stock scanners, plus Example: my $scanner = Perl::PrereqScanner->new({ extra_scanners => [ qw(Example) ] }); METHODS
scan_string my $prereqs = $scanner->scan_string( $perl_code ); Given a string containing Perl source code, this method returns a CPAN::Meta::Requirements object describing the modules it requires. This method will throw an exception if PPI fails to parse the code. scan_file my $prereqs = $scanner->scan_file( $path ); Given a file path to a Perl document, this method returns a CPAN::Meta::Requirements object describing the modules it requires. This method will throw an exception if PPI fails to parse the code. scan_ppi_document my $prereqs = $scanner->scan_ppi_document( $ppi_doc ); Given a PPI::Document, this method returns a CPAN::Meta::Requirements object describing the modules it requires. AUTHORS
o Jerome Quelin o Ricardo Signes <rjbs@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2009 by Jerome Quelin. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-27 Perl::PrereqScanner(3pm)