Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Switching over to C++
Top Forums Programming Switching over to C++ Post 302796435 by achenle on Friday 19th of April 2013 02:07:36 PM
Old 04-19-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribosome
Hey Thank you all for enlightening me!

I've not worked much on perl, but in every C++ project I've worked on I've seen the reporting scripts were done especially in PERL and thats why I was confused.
The task which needs to be done here is to read some log files, extract the data such as folder id, number of files it contains, processing time, no. of successfully processed files and no. of failed files etc and put them in an excel file.
The script is good and doesnt seem to need any fix but it takes some time to process millions of data. So the only concern here is to get this thing done in any other language for optimization.
So it takes a while. So what? Is there any reason you need the data faster?

You're probably costing your employer $100-200 an hour when everything is added up. If not more.

There really needs to be a good reason to spend lots of time simply speeding up something that's already working.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Switching between users

Hi folks, could anyone please tell me how can i switch between two users without going thru the su(i.e. root)? is there any such command? thanks in advance, thell (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thell
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

su (switching to other user)

Hi, what is the use of the double quotes and !! in the following code segment: su - user1 << ""!! > /dev/null 2>&1 echo "welcome user1" EOF !! also what is the difference between below: su - user1 << ""!! > /dev/null 2>&1 and su - $USER << ""!!!> /dev/null 2>&1. Note: $USER =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bjagadeesh
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

su (switching to other user)

Hi, what is the use of the double quotes and !! in the following code segment: su - user1 << ""!! > /dev/null 2>&1 echo "welcome user1" EOF !! also what is the difference between below: su - user1 << ""!! > /dev/null 2>&1 and su - $USER << ""!!!> /dev/null 2>&1. Note: $USER =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bjagadeesh
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Switching between two users

Can any one tell me : How we can switch between two users without prompting for the password. (In the SHELL SCRIPT can we fetch the USERID and PASSWORD from a specified file, without using SUDO command)? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepusunil
2 Replies

5. Linux

Switching from one DNS to another

Hi all, we have running some linux servers with sles9 and we have some problems with our dns servers. Sometimes they don't like to work. However, is there a parameter to enable faster switching between two ore more dns servers? Thx for your help in front Regards frank (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ortsvorsteher
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

switching users

Hi I want to write a script which can switch between super users.But it asks for the password at the prompt.How can I manage in the script so that it didnt ask me for the password at the prompt. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: monika
1 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

vt switching

greetings, i hope this hasn't been covered previously. has anyone heard of a .kext or daemon that would allow linux or (open)solaris-like vt switching? googling didn't help much.. i know os x allows a '>console' login from loginwindow.app, but i'm mainly interested in this because there are... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bamdad
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Switching lines

Hi I'm quite new with linux. Very simple, I need to swap every 2 lines in a file. Example INPUT: a a a b b b x x x y y y s s s t t t OUTPUT: b b b a a a y y y x x x t t t (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hernand
5 Replies

9. Solaris

The switching in the different AP's

HI, I am using the windows 2003 server R2 in there we are using the putty as to access the different AP's now from the primary AP i want to login to several different AP's using a script what the script will do is :- input a text file in which list of different ap's and the corresponding... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amiglani
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Case switching

Hello Folks I am writing this simple program but I am stuck at this point. Here is the snippet from my script where I have issues. 3) echo "Current Directory: $(pwd) Menu 3" echo -e "Enter a file name\n" read fname if then ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tuxidow
5 Replies
fadecut(1)						      General Commands Manual							fadecut(1)

NAME
fadecut - Toolset to rip audiostreams, cut, fade in/out and tag the resulting audiofiles SYNOPSIS
fadecut -p <profile> [ OPTIONS ] DESCRIPTION
fadecut is a script to rip audio files from a livestream (using streamripper) and to process them automatically. Beginning and ending fo the audio files will be cut and faded in/out. So logos and advertising of radio stations will be automatically removed. In streaming mode fadecut is ripping audio files using streamripper. The downloaded audio files are cutted using silence detection and then faded in and out. Subsequently, the files are encoded to either ogg or mp3 and tagged with tags (title, artist, genre and comment pro- vided). In file mode fadecut is just processing already ripped audio files. An audio file which has already been processed is detected and will not be processed again. Not desired songs can be stored in a separate directory. This files are not processed anymore too. FOLDERS
fadecut is working with some standard folders. You may change them in your profile or fadecutrc done/ here you put all your songs which were already processed by fadecut and which you want to keep. See also new/ folder. dontlike/ in this folder you may put songs which you don't like. Fadecut is checking this folder before it is processing new files in the working folder. Null size files are ok. error/ whenever an error occurs while fadecut is processing a file, that file is moved to the error folder for later examining. incomplete/ this folder is created by streamripper. All not fully ripped songs are saved here. new/ processed songs are going here. Usually you may rip and process files with fadecut, they are going in to new/ folder, you listen to them and put good songs to the done/ folder. orig/ if you want to keep the original file (which is ripped by streamripper), you may use the -k option. fadecut is putting the ripped files untouched into that folder. OPTIONS
-c Create a new profile <profilename> -e Edit an existing profile <profilename> -i optional input <directory> -o optional output <directory> -k optional to keep the untouched original song in the /orig folder -d Debug: -d 0|1|2|3 (level 0 is standard, -d without number is like 1) -h Show this message -p Profile <profilename> -q Quiet -r Stream (and rip), start streamripper -v Verbose VARIABLES
STREAM_URL="http://streamurl" test ENCODING=ogg preferred destination fileformat. (ogg/mp3) GENRE="SwissPop" Processed files will get the above genre. COMMENT="Radio Swiss Pop" Processed files will get the above comment. TRIM_BEGIN=0 cut <n> seconds off the file in the beginning. TRIM_END=0 cut <n> seconds off the file at the end. FADE_IN=1 Fade in for <n> seconds. FADE_OUT=4 Fade out for <n> seconds. EXAMPLES
Create a new ripping profile fadecut -c test Edit/update profile test fadecut -e test Rip, cut and fade in-/out with profile test fadecut -p test -r Only cut and fade in-/out without ripping from livestream fadecut -p test SEE ALSO
id3v2(1), oggenc(1), sox(1), streamripper(1), lame(1) FILES
~/.fadecut/fadecutrc The main fadecut configuration file, executed with every start of fadecut ~/.fadecut/statslog.csv The statistics file ~/.fadecut/profiles The folder where all profiles are located RESOURCES
fadecut git website https://github.com/micressor/fadecut 0.1.0 fadecut(1)