Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Slackware Dovecot on Slackware14: gssapi auth Post 302796419 by Linusolaradm1 on Friday 19th of April 2013 01:02:00 PM
Old 04-19-2013
Dovecot on Slackware14: gssapi auth

I have a postfix/dovecot mail server.
On centos6 works great,sso with gssapi on linux and windows clients.
On Slackware i have problems,Linux clients(thunderbird and mutt) connect ok,but not windows clients.
on logfile only this
Code:
Apr 19 19:01:41 cluster1 dovecot: auth: Debug: auth client connected (pid=12405)
Apr 19 19:01:41 cluster1 dovecot: imap-login: Disconnected (no auth attempts in 0 secs): user=<>, rip=192.168.0.45, lip=192.168.3.252, TLS, session=<CltPrLnaMwDAqAAt>

Auth with normal password work ok,only gssapi doesn't work
Smilie

Someone can help please?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Telnet Server FTP warning messages 500 'AUTH GSSAPI' how to resolve??

These are the warning messages I am getting but the FTP works fine.How do I get rid of these? 220 FTP server (SunOS 5.8) ready. 500 'AUTH GSSAPI': command not understood. 500 'AUTH KERBEROS_V4': command not understood. KERBEROS_V4 rejected as an authentication type (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: csviking
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sendmail, Cyrus, Dovecot

I've been using Sendmail for several months - no problem. Shortly, a need appeared to provide remote access to mail - POP3/IMAP. I worked a little with Dovecot, and there was some success, than I read that Cyrus is cooler or so, like better for production sites because it makes links and not copies... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Action
0 Replies

3. Solaris

LDAP client config GSSAPI

Configure ldap client: I have configured my ldapclient with the AuthenticationMethod=simple and with the credentialLevel=proxy. However, as soon as i want to set the AuthenticationMethod=sasl/GSSAPI, and credentiallevel=self, then it fails to configure. Kerberos is already setup successfully. The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Henk Trumpie
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

GSSAPI Error FTP

Hi Experts, While trying ftp from newly setup Linux box it is giving following error. GSSAPI error major:Unspecified GSS failure.Minor code may provide more information GSSAPI error minor:Unknown code krb5 195 GSSAPI error:initializing context GSSAPI authntication failed 504 AUTH... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sai_2507
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

Disable GSSAPI when using an FTP client?

We have two HP-UX machines, both are B.11.31. When I FTP from the HP-UX boxes to a remote IBM server,- HP-UX 1: Connected to xxxx. 220-FTPD1 IBM FTP CS V1R12 at R2, 12:24:39 on 2013-08-30. 220 Connection will close if idle for more than 15 minutes. Name (xxxx:user): HP-UX 2:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CaptNemo
2 Replies

6. HP-UX

Ldap sasl gssapi

I have installed all packages required(openldap,kerberos,cyrus-sasl) configured ldap.conf but when i did ldapsearch -Y gssapi return ldapsearch -Y gssapi -H ldap://ldapserver-d -1 cn=prova it did ldap_msgfree ldap_err2string ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Unknown authentication method (-6)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
0 Replies
DOVEADM-DIRECTOR(1)						      Dovecot						       DOVEADM-DIRECTOR(1)

NAME
doveadm-director - Manage Dovecot directors SYNOPSIS
doveadm [-Dv] director add [-a director_socket_path] host [vhost_count] doveadm [-Dv] director flush [-a director_socket_path] host|all doveadm [-Dv] director map [-a director_socket_path] [-f users_file] [host] doveadm [-Dv] director remove [-a director_socket_path] host doveadm [-Dv] director dump [-a director_socket_path] doveadm [-Dv] director status [-a director_socket_path] [user] DESCRIPTION
doveadm director can be used to manage and query the status of the list of backend mail servers where Dovecot proxy can redirect connec- tions to. OPTIONS
Global doveadm(1) options: -D Enables verbosity and debug messages. -v Enables verbosity, including progress counter. Command specific options: -a director_socket_path This option is used to specify an alternative socket. The option's argument is either an absolute path to a local UNIX domain socket, or a hostname and port (hostname:port), in order to connect a remote host via a TCP socket. By default doveadm(1) will use the socket /var/run/dovecot/director-admin. The socket may be located in another directory, when the default base_dir setting was overridden in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf. ARGUMENTS
host A mail server's hostname or IP address. user Is a user's login name. Depending on the configuration, a login name may be for example jane or john@example.com. vhost_count The number of "virtual hosts" to assign to this server. The higher the number is relative to other servers, the more connections it gets. The default is 100. COMMANDS
director add doveadm director add [-a director_socket_path] host [vhost_count] The command's tasks are: * assign a new mail server to the director. * increase/decrease the vhost_count of an already assigned server. director flush doveadm director flush [-a director_socket_path] host|all doveadm director flush drops all user associations either from the given host or all hosts. This command is intended mainly for testing purposes. director map doveadm director map [-a director_socket_path] [-f users_file] [host] The command doveadm director map is used to list current user -> host mappings. -f users_file Path to a file containing all user names (one per line). When given no userdb lookup will be performed. This may be a helpful alternative when for example the network connection to the LDAP or SQL server is slow. host Specify a server's IP address or hostname, to list only mappings of the given host. director remove doveadm director remove [-a director_socket_path] host Use this command in order to remove the given host from the director. director dump doveadm director dump [-a director_socket_path] Dump the current host configuration as doveadm commands. These commands can be easily run after a full director cluster restart to get back to the dumped state. director status doveadm director status [-a director_socket_path] [user] This command is used to show the current usage of all assigned mail servers. When a user name is given, this command shows which server the user is currently assigned to, where the user will be assigned after the current saved assignment gets removed and where the user would be assigned to if the whole proxy cluster was restarted fresh. FILES
/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf Dovecot's main configuration file. /etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-director.conf Director specific settings. EXAMPLE
Add a director with vhost count 150 (or change existing one's vhost count to 150): doveadm -v director add x1357.imap.ha.example.net 150 2001:db8:543:6861:143::1357: OK Remove a director: doveadm director remove x1357.imap.ha.example.net Query the status of mail hosts in a director: doveadm director status mail server ip vhosts users 192.168.10.1 100 125 192.168.10.2 100 144 192.168.10.3 100 115 Query the status of a user's assignment: doveadm director status user@example.com Current: 192.168.10.1 (expires 2010-06-18 20:17:04) Hashed: 192.168.10.2 Initial config: 192.168.10.3 This means that the user is currently assigned to mail server on IP 192.168.10.1. After all of user's connections have logged out, the assignment will be removed (currently it looks like at 20:17:04, but that may be increased). After the assignment has expired, the user will next time be redirected to 192.168.10.2 (assuming no changes to director settings). If the entire Dovecot proxy cluster was restarted, so that all of the director configuration would revert back to its initial values, the user would be redirected to 192.168.10.3. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs, including doveconf -n output, to the Dovecot Mailing List <dovecot@dovecot.org>. Information about reporting bugs is avail- able at: http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html SEE ALSO
doveadm(1) Dovecot v2.1 2011-05-11 DOVEADM-DIRECTOR(1)