Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to Find Files other than specified directory ? Post 302796359 by cero on Friday 19th of April 2013 10:19:14 AM
Old 04-19-2013
How to prevent find from descending into subdirectories depends on its implementation.
For GNUs find the option is -maxdepth, in some other implementations there is the -prune option.

Edit: I think I misread your post. You try to exclude the Archive directory from the search but include the other subdirectories.
One way to achive this using GNU find is the -wholename option:
Code:
$ find . -name c
./b/c
./a/c
$ find . -name c ! -wholename "./b/*"
./a/c
$

Last edited by cero; 04-19-2013 at 11:43 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

find the 5o largest files in a directory

I'm trying to find the 50 largest file in a directory named /sasdb and its' subdirectories. I'm using the find command and a pipe to awk Not sure if I'm actually getting the largest files from this directory and its subdirectories. Here is the code I used... find /sasdb -ls | awk '{print... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: igidttam
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files in directory

Hi all I want to find a particular file type lets say .abc under /home/oracle/, the file name is start with 'D' and followed by ddmmyyyy date format, the file name should look like this D19092008.abc To my question, how can i perform the searching from the date 19/09/2008 to 29/09/2008. The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: coldstarhk
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find a word in a all the files in a Directory??

I want to find a specific word present in all the files ina directory....Please tell me the command to be used?? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shikhakaul
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help to find the files under a directory

Hi, I wanted to delete all the files under a directory "/apps/tmp/" which are two weeks older. But i should not delete the sub-directories and the contents of sub-directories. I also have searched in forum and found the following command, find . \( ! -name . -prune \) -mtime +13 -print ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sheethal
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find files and display only directory list containing those files

I have a directory (and many sub dirs beneath) on AIX system, containing thousands of file. I'm looking to get a list of all directory containing "*.pdf" file. I know basic syntax of find command, but it gives me list of all pdf files, which numbers in thousands. All I need to know is, which... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: r7p
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files ONLY in current directory

Hello all, I am having a hard type in figuring out how to only gather certain files in the current directory without exploring its subdirectories. I tried: find . -name "*.ksh" -prune this also returns ksh files from lower subdirectories. I also tried find . -ls -name "*.ksh" This also... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gio001
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can I find out the open files in a directory

Hello all, Is there any other way of finding the open files in a directory apart from command 'lsof'. thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: joshi123
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find and copy files from one directory to another

Ok i have three directories Destination - /u/dir1 (has subdirectories dir2 which also has subdirectory dir3) Source1 - /u/test/files/dir1/dir2/dir3 Source2 - /u/out/images/dir1/dir2/dir3 What i would like to do is copy everything from Source1 and Source2 into the Destination directory.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ziggy25
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find all files in the current directory excluding hidden files and directories

Find all files in the current directory only excluding hidden directories and files. For the below command, though it's not deleting hidden files.. it is traversing through the hidden directories and listing normal which should be avoided. `find . \( ! -name ".*" -prune \) -mtime +${n_days}... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksailesh1
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find Files in sub-directory

Hi Just want to ask, Is it possible to find a file from a directory up to its sub-directories? Thanks, cmarzan (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmarzan
10 Replies
FAXCRON(8)						      System Manager's Manual							FAXCRON(8)

NAME
faxcron - HylaFAX routine maintenance script SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/faxcron [ -n ] [ -l lastrun ] DESCRIPTION
faxcron is a command script that does routine upkeep tasks in a HylaFAX spooling directory hierarchy. This script is intended to be invoked from cron(8) on behalf of the fax user (often the ``fax'' user is uucp) once a day, with the standard output sent by mail to the HylaFAX administrator. For example, the following crontab might be set up for the fax user: 25 23 * * * sh /usr/sbin/faxcron | mail FaxMaster The faxcron script does the following work: o report statistics for facsimile transmitted since the last time faxcron was run. o report statistics for facsimile transmitted in the past week. o report statistics for facsimile received since the last time faxcron was run. o report statistics for facsimile received in the past week. o report any recent calls that failed suspiciously and return the associated trace log; o purge data that is 30 days or older from the remote machine information directory; o delete information that is 30 days or older from session trace log files; o remove files from the tmp directory that are older than 1 day; o remove files in the received facsimile queue that are 7 days or older; o report sites that are currently having jobs rejected; and o force all session log files to be owned by the fax user and kept with protection mode 644. OPTIONS
-n Forces faxcron to run without updating any files. -l lastrun Forces the notion of the last time that faxcron was run to be lastrun. The value of lastrun is a date and time string of the form ``MM/DD/YY HH:MM'' (the date(1) format string ``%D %H:%M''). -info n Set the expiration time for data in the info database to be n days. -log n Set the expiration time for session log data to be n days. -rcv n Set the expiration time for files in the received facsimile queue to be n days. -tmp n Set the expiration time for files in the tmp directory to be n days. -mode m Set the file protection mode for session logs to m (a command line argument to chmod(1)). NOTES
This script requires nawk(1) or gawk(1) and a date (1) program that supports the ``+format'' option. If session logs are to be kept private this script must be modified to filter out sensitive information such as calling card numbers. (It should also be run with ``-mode 0600'' so that session log files are not publicly readable.) FILES
/var/spool/hylafax spooling area /var/spool/hylafax/status/lastrun timestamp of last run /usr/sbin/xferfaxstats for generating transmit statistics /usr/sbin/recvstats for generating receive statistics /var/spool/hylafax/tmp/faxcronXXXX temporary file for truncating session logs /var/spool/hylafax/tmp/faxlogXXXX temporary file for logs of failed calls SEE ALSO
cron(8), faxq(8), faxgetty(8), faxsend(8), xferfaxstats(8), recvstats(8), hylafax-server(5) May 12, 1996 FAXCRON(8)