Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Add disk to zpool
Operating Systems Solaris Add disk to zpool Post 302796311 by jlliagre on Friday 19th of April 2013 08:04:55 AM
Old 04-19-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by general_lee
Will this work?
Yes.
Quote:
Will I then see the additional space added dynamically to the /data mount?
Yes.

Note that, unless the existing pool is (almost) empty, the data on your pool will be unbalanced so its performance would be less optimal than with an already created stripe.
This User Gave Thanks to jlliagre For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Disk Add

Hello, I have 4 disks to add on an Unix OS. 2 of them are already added. When I try to make the diskadd command, the system reply's that Diskadd was "Not Found". I already tried to go to the /etc/dskmgmt/ and call there the diskadd, but the system gives me the same error message. Can anybody help... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: luisjdm
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Help for add disk on solaris8

Hi, boss i have a question about the system add the new disk. I add 6 disks in Sunfire 880, i want to put these 6 disks in to service but i do not want re-install the system, some guys can give me some advie on this case? thanks very much the follow is detail 0. c1t0d0 <SUN72G cyl... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: surainbow
3 Replies

3. Solaris

( VxVM ) How to add the removed disk back to previous disk group

Previously , i remove the disk by #vxdg -g testdg -k rmdisk testdg02 But i got error when i -k adddisk bash-2.03# vxdisk list DEVICE TYPE DISK GROUP STATUS c0t0d0s2 auto:none - - online invalid c0t1d0s2 auto:none ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: waibabe
1 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Add New Disk

This may sound simple, but I cant find anything on Google for just adding a new disk. This is a data disk, not boot or anything like that. I've got 6 disks in there, one of them almost dead, and I need to copy what I can from the dead one to the new one. My problem is that when I go to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LP4Ever
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Disk Storage Need to Add more Disk

Hi, Anyone can help me, just want to confirm, if possible adding a disk storage that we have a RAWDATA with +ASM in our database. If possible, what would you recommend "workaround used" from us to do and the preparation. And also how long the downtime will take. Our disk continuous to grow,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fpalero
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Cannot remove disk added to zpool

I added a disk to a zpool using "zpool add diskname" My intention was mirror a zpool disk that no mirror; that is a zpool with only one disk. I did not issue the right command. Now, the disk has been added successfully but I cannot remove nor detach it as Solaris 11 thinks it has data on it... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: LittleLebowski
14 Replies

7. Solaris

Exporting zpool sitting on different disk partition

Hello, I need some help in recovering ZFS pool. Here is scenerio. There are two disks - c0t0d0 - This is good disk. I cloned it from other server and boot server from this disk. c0t1d0 - This is original disk of this server, having errors. I am able to mount it on /mnt. So that I can copy... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Replace zpool with another disk

issue, I had a zpool which was full pool_temp1 199G 197G 1.56G 99% ONLINE - pool_temp2 199G 196G 3.09G 98% ONLINE - as you can see, full so I replaced with a larger disk. zpool replace pool_temp1 c3t600144F0FF8BA036000058CC1DB80008d0s0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrodgers
2 Replies

9. Solaris

How to clear a removed single-disk pool from being listed by zpool import?

On an OmniOS server, I removed a single-disk pool I was using for testing. Now, when I run zpool import it will show it as FAULTED, since that single disk not available anymore. # zpool import pool: fido id: 7452075738474086658 state: FAULTED status: The pool was last... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyadarshan
11 Replies
IPPOOL(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 IPPOOL(8)

NAME
ippool - user interface to the IPFilter pools SYNOPSIS
ippool -a [-dnv] [-m <name>] [-o <role>] [-t <type>] [-T ttl] -i <ipaddr>[/<netmask>] ippool -A [-dnv] [-m <name>] [-o <role>] [-S <seed>] [-t <type>] ippool -f <file> [-dnuv] ippool -F [-dv] [-o <role>] [-t <type>] ippool -l [-dv] [-m <name>] [-t <type>] ippool -r [-dnv] [-m <name>] [-o <role>] [-t <type>] -i <ipaddr>[/<netmask>] ippool -R [-dnv] [-m <name>] [-o <role>] [-t <type>] ippool -s [-dtv] [-M <core>] [-N <namelist>] DESCRIPTION
Ippool is used to manage information stored in the IP pools subsystem of IPFilter. Configuration file information may be parsed and loaded into the kernel, currently configured pools removed or changed as well as inspected. The command line options used are broken into two sections: the global options and the instance specific options. GLOBAL OPTIONS
-d Toggle debugging of processing the configuration file. -n This flag (no-change) prevents ippool from actually making any ioctl calls or doing anything which would alter the currently running kernel. -v Turn verbose mode on. COMMAND OPTIONS
-a Add a new data node to an existing pool in the kernel. -A Add a new (empty) pool to the kernel. -f <file> Read in IP pool configuration information from the file and load it into the kernel. -F Flush loaded pools from the kernel. -l Display a list of pools currently loaded into the kernel. -r Remove an existing data node from a pool in the kernel. -R Remove an existing pool from within the kernel. -s Display IP pool statistical information. OPTIONS
-i <ipaddr>[/<netmask>] Sets the IP address for the operation being undertaken with an all-one's mask or, optionally, a specific netmask given in either the dotted-quad notation or a single integer. -m <name> Sets the pool name for the current operation. -M <core> Specify an alternative path to /dev/kmem to retrieve statistical information from. -N <namelist> Specify an alternative path to lookup symbol name information from when retrieving statistical information. -o <role> Sets the role with which this pool is to be used. Currently only ipf, auth and count are accepted as arguments to this option. -S <seed> Sets the hashing seed to the number specified. Only for use with hash type pools. -t <type> Sets the type of pool being defined. Myst be one of tree, hash, group-map. -T <ttl> Sets the expiration of the node being added. The timeout is expressed as a number of seconds. tree, hash, group-map. -u When parsing a configuration file, rather than load new pool data into the kernel, unload it. FILES
/dev/iplookup /etc/ippool.conf SEE ALSO
ippool(5), ipf(8), ipfstat(8) IPPOOL(8)