Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk convert date format
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk convert date format Post 302795871 by Yoda on Thursday 18th of April 2013 01:58:51 PM
Old 04-18-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbrunc
The first three fields will not have any slashes, so Yoda's solution works to a point.
Thanks.
But additional month and year are inserted where they shouldn't be.
Please use the updated solution, since the first solution that I posted has some issues like the one you mentioned above. Sorry about that.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert mmddyy date format to ccyyddd format??

hi, for reading a cobol indexed file i need to convert "mmddyy" date format to "ccyyddd" format. i checked the datecalc and other scripts but couldnt modify them to cater to my need:(... The datecalc gives an output which i believe is the total days till that date, but i want to convert it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bhups
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Convert date format

Hi All, Need your help in converting a date format in ksh. I'm currently working on SUN os where my script is getting a date from a table. The result returns to ksh in this format: 17-JUL-08 How do i convert this string to a date format like yyyymmdd? I tried #!/bin/ksh d="17-JUL-08"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: agathaeleanor
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert date format to mysql date format in log file

I have a comma delimited log file which has the date as MM/DD/YY in the 2nd column, and HH:MM:SS in the 3rd column. I need to change the date format to YYYY-MM-DD and merge it with the the time HH:MM:SS. How will I got about this? Sample input 02/27/09,23:52:31 02/27/09,23:52:52... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hazno
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert date to Unix format

Dear Expert How to convert date in format of YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS to unix format using a script or command if avaliable Example "2011-05-15 18:00:00" is converted to 1330970400 I tried to use option d in date command but no use, Im using solaris 10 Thanks a lot (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: yahyaaa
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert date format

I've been using this thread: https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/58675-change-date-dd-mmm-yyyy-mm-dd-yyyy.html and https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/14655-changing-yyyy-mm-dd-ddmmyy.html and this code: on this format: 05/16/2008 18:30:49 Installation 48985and I'm... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dba_frog
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk or nawk to convert epoch time to date format

Looking for some help and usually when I do a search this site comes up. Hopefully someone can give me a little direction as to how to use one of these two commands to achieve what I'm trying to do. What am I trying to do? I need to take the time value in epoch format returned from the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: minigts
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert any date format into yyyy/mm/dd

How can I convert any user inputted date into yyyy/mm/dd ? For example user can input date one of the following 20120121 , 2012-01-21 ,01/21/2012,01/21/2012 etc But I need to convert any of the date entered by user into yyyy/mm/dd (2012/01/2012). Any suggestion. Thanks in advance this is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ZeroHedge
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Date Format

Hello, I want to change the format of date value in variable. e.g. cur_date = '2013/03/13 14:24:50' (yyyy/mm/dd hh24:mi:ss) I want to change this to '13-MAR-2013 14:24:50 Following code coverts the current date to format I am looking for. But I do not know how this can be done for a date... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cartrider
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert date format

Hi guys I am looking to convert this kind of entry in a txt file 26/04/2008 to April 2008 Note : this is not using the date command , these are date entries in a file can i do this with sed ? Use code tags, thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnnybananas
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed/awk command to convert number occurances into date format and club a set of lines

Hi, I have been stuck in this requirement where my file contains the below format. 20150812170500846959990854-25383-8.0.0 "ABC Report" hp96880 "4952" 20150812170501846959990854-25383-8.0.0 End of run 20150812060132846959990854-20495-8.0.0 "XYZ Report" vg76452 "1006962188"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chinmaya Kabi
6 Replies
CPTRFS(l)								 )								 CPTRFS(l)

NAME
CPTRFS - improve the computed solution to a system of linear equations when the coefficient matrix is Hermitian positive definite and tridiagonal, and provides error bounds and backward error estimates for the solution SYNOPSIS
SUBROUTINE CPTRFS( UPLO, N, NRHS, D, E, DF, EF, B, LDB, X, LDX, FERR, BERR, WORK, RWORK, INFO ) CHARACTER UPLO INTEGER INFO, LDB, LDX, N, NRHS REAL BERR( * ), D( * ), DF( * ), FERR( * ), RWORK( * ) COMPLEX B( LDB, * ), E( * ), EF( * ), WORK( * ), X( LDX, * ) PURPOSE
CPTRFS improves the computed solution to a system of linear equations when the coefficient matrix is Hermitian positive definite and tridi- agonal, and provides error bounds and backward error estimates for the solution. ARGUMENTS
UPLO (input) CHARACTER*1 Specifies whether the superdiagonal or the subdiagonal of the tridiagonal matrix A is stored and the form of the factorization: = 'U': E is the superdiagonal of A, and A = U**H*D*U; = 'L': E is the subdiagonal of A, and A = L*D*L**H. (The two forms are equivalent if A is real.) N (input) INTEGER The order of the matrix A. N >= 0. NRHS (input) INTEGER The number of right hand sides, i.e., the number of columns of the matrix B. NRHS >= 0. D (input) REAL array, dimension (N) The n real diagonal elements of the tridiagonal matrix A. E (input) COMPLEX array, dimension (N-1) The (n-1) off-diagonal elements of the tridiagonal matrix A (see UPLO). DF (input) REAL array, dimension (N) The n diagonal elements of the diagonal matrix D from the factorization computed by CPTTRF. EF (input) COMPLEX array, dimension (N-1) The (n-1) off-diagonal elements of the unit bidiagonal factor U or L from the factorization computed by CPTTRF (see UPLO). B (input) COMPLEX array, dimension (LDB,NRHS) The right hand side matrix B. LDB (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array B. LDB >= max(1,N). X (input/output) COMPLEX array, dimension (LDX,NRHS) On entry, the solution matrix X, as computed by CPTTRS. On exit, the improved solution matrix X. LDX (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array X. LDX >= max(1,N). FERR (output) REAL array, dimension (NRHS) The forward error bound for each solution vector X(j) (the j-th column of the solution matrix X). If XTRUE is the true solution corresponding to X(j), FERR(j) is an estimated upper bound for the magnitude of the largest element in (X(j) - XTRUE) divided by the magnitude of the largest element in X(j). BERR (output) REAL array, dimension (NRHS) The componentwise relative backward error of each solution vector X(j) (i.e., the smallest relative change in any element of A or B that makes X(j) an exact solution). WORK (workspace) COMPLEX array, dimension (N) RWORK (workspace) REAL array, dimension (N) INFO (output) INTEGER = 0: successful exit < 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value PARAMETERS
ITMAX is the maximum number of steps of iterative refinement. LAPACK version 3.0 15 June 2000 CPTRFS(l)