Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Running a SQL Query from UNIX Post 302795735 by palanisvr on Thursday 18th of April 2013 09:06:42 AM
Old 04-18-2013
fetch the text_file name in a dynamic way instead of hardcoding , this will solve your problem

Code:
sqlplus -s user/pwd@dbname  @$text_file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sql query variable not exactly unix

I know htis isnt exactly unix.... but hopefully someone can help me or direct me someplace to get help. I can run sql queries in scripts against my informix db using: dbaccess mydb myquery.sql >> sql.output I need to write my script to select based on todays date. Its very... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sql query results in unix shell script

Hi I want to get the a field from a SQL query into unix shell script variable. the whole situation is like this. 1. Opened a cursor to a table in DB2 databse. 2. Fetching individual rows with the help of cursor. 3. Each row has 4 fields. I want each of the field in individual shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help in reading a output of a sql query in unix script

i'm used a sql query in a unix script to get the information from table. but unable to extract the output which i need. Any help with logic will be greatly appreciated. my sql query provide output some thing like this - col1 col2 count ---- ---- ------ A B 10 c D 6 e... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pharos467
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use data in unix text file as input to an sql query from shell

Hi, I have data in my text file something like this. adams robert ahmed gibbs I want to use this data line by line as input to an sql query which i run by connecting to an oracle database from shell. If you have code for similar scenario , please ehlp. I want the output of the sql query... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdhanek
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sql data file in unix csv file as input to an sql query from shell

Hi , I used the below script to get the sql data into csv file using unix scripting. I m getting the output into an output file but the output file is not displayed in a separe columns . #!/bin/ksh export FILE_PATH=/maav/home/xyz/abc/ rm $FILE_PATH/sample.csv sqlplus -s... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nareshp
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute SQL query in unix script

Hi I am new in unix. oracle and unix are installed in my sytem.i need the script which could connect to the oracle using username ,password and schema and can run the select * from tab query. Thanks vijay (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijays3
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

executing SQL query using unix shell script

I want to perform few post-session success tasks like update a status to 'true' in one of the sql database table, update date values to current system date in one of the configuration table in sql. How do i achieve this in a post session command?syntax with example will be helpful. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nathanvaithi
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting values of 2 columns from sql query in UNIX variables

Hi, I have connected to oracle database with sqlplus -s / <<EOF select ename, age from emp where empid=1234; EOF I want to save the values of ename and age in unix shell variables. Any pointers would be welcome.. Thanks in advance!!1 Cheers :):):):) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gonchusirsa
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL query in UNIX script - output in flat file

Hi, I never did this before... what I want to do is execute a SQL query from a unix script and redirect sql query's output to a flat file (comma separated one) without the header info (no column names). I would also want not to print the query's output to the screen. snapshot of my script:... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: juzz4fun
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run sql query after ssh in UNIX

I am running this test.ksh on server1. It successfully logins to server2 but runs the queries of query.sql on server1. query.sql is present in both server1 and server2 Can anybody please help. I need to run queries on server2 itself.:confused: Below is the test script... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: shruthimithra
10 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)