Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parsing Command Line Arguments In C shell script Post 302795541 by codecatcher on Thursday 18th of April 2013 02:23:20 AM
Old 04-18-2013
I have written this small script in c shell and i am getting an error " Badly Placed ()'s " .This is just a small snippet of my script where i am getting an error.

Code:
if ( $platform == lnx86 ) then
set port = "lnx86"
setenv MY_32bit_OA_PORT linux_rhel50_gcc44x_32
setenv MY_64bit_OA_PORT linux_rhel50_gcc44x_64

# error starts from here

elseif ( $platform == sun4v ) then
set port = "sun4v"
setenv MY_32bit_OA_PORT sunos_58_32
setenv MY_64bit_OA_PORT sunos_58_64

else if ( $platform == ibmrs ) then
set port = "ibmrs"
setenv MY_32bit_OA_PORT aix_53_32
setenv MY_64bit_OA_PORT aix_53_64

else 
  echo " WARNING !!!!!!    Unknown Platform .... " 
endif

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Parsing the command line arguments

Is there a way to get the command line arguments. I am using getopt(3) but if the arguments are more than one for a particular option than it just ignores the second argument. For eg ./a.out -x abc def now abd will be got with -x using getopt "( x : )" and string abc\0def will get stored... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayakhanna
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help parsing command line arguments in bash

Looking for a little help parsing some command line arguments in a bash script I am working on, this is probably fairly basic to most, but I do not have much experience with it. At the command line, when the script is run, I need to make sure the argument passed is a file, it exists in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Breakology
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bourne Shell Script that only takes command line arguments

Does anybody know how to Accept a “userid” as a command line argument on a Unix Bourne Shell Script? The output should be something like this: User userid has a home directory of /path/directory the default shell for this user is /path/shell (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajaira
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Does anybody know how to Accept a “userid” as a command line argument on a Unix Bourne Shell Script? The output should be something like this: User userid has a home directory of /path/directory the default shell for this user is /path/shell (1 Reply)
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Does anybody know how to Accept a “userid” as a command line argument on a Unix Bourne Shell Script? The output should be something like this: User userid has a home directory of /path/directory the default shell for this user is /path/shell (5 Replies)
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script command line arguments

Hello All, i am known to the limitation of different shells while passing more than 9 command line arguments i just tried the example below i do see my current shell is tcsh echo $SHELL /bin/tcsh so if i make my script executable and run it output is ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deepak Dutt
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use case and command line arguments in shell script?

Hi... can anyone please help me out in using the CASE and command line argument in shell script... i am bit new to shell scripting...below i have explained my proble with example... say i have an executable file with name 'new1.sh' and there are 3 functions in it a(), b() and c()....and there... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: swap21783
5 Replies

8. Programming

Parsing command line arguments in Python

Hi, I've a python script called aaa.py and passing an command line option " -a" to the script like, ./aaa.py -a & Inside the script if the -a option is given I do some operation if not something else. code looks like ./aaa.py -a . . if options.a ---some operation--- if not options.a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: testin
1 Replies

9. Programming

How to pass the command line arguments to the shell script in c language?

hi, I am new in the shell script, and c programming with linux. I am looking to pass the arguments in c program that should be executed by the shell script. e.g. #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> int main(int argc, char *argv) { int i; for (i=1;i<argc; i++) { ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharlin
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to iterate all command line arguments

Hi guys, I am having trouble with this script. What i want it to do is to iterate all command line arguments in reverse order. The code below does this fine but i need the output to print the words on separate lines instead of one line: #!/bin/bash #Takes in the arguments and displays them... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pipeline2012
7 Replies
ifparse(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       ifparse(1M)

NAME
ifparse - parse ifconfig command line SYNOPSIS
/sbin/ifparse [-fs] addr_family commands DESCRIPTION
Use the ifparse command to parse the ifconfig(1M) command line options and output substrings, one per line, as appropriate. If no options are specified, ifparse returns the entire ifconfig command line as a series of substrings, one per line. OPTIONS
The ifparse command supports the following options: -f Lists only substrings of the ifconfig command line that are relevant to IP network multipath failover -s Lists only substrings of the ifconfig command line that are not relevant to IP network multipath failover OPERANDS
The ifparse command does not support the interface operand of the ifconfig command. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Parsing Command Line Options Relevant to Failover The following example shows the use of the ifparse command to parse the command line options relevant to IP network multipath failover: example# ifparse -f inet 1.2.3.4 up group one addif 1.2.3.5 -failover up set 1.2.3.4 up Example 2: Parsing Command Line Options That Are Not Relevant to Failover The following example shows the use of the ifparse command to parse the command line options that are not relevant to IP network multipath failover: example# ifparse -s inet 1.2.3.4 up group one addif 1.2.3.5 -failover up group one addif 1.2.3.5 -failover up Example 3: Parsing the Command Line For All Options The following example shows the use of the ifparse command to parse the command line for all ifconfig options: example# ifparse inet 1.2.3.4 up group one addif 1.2.3.5 -failover up group one set 1.2.3.4 up addif 1.2.3.5 -failover up ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Stability Level |Obsolete | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ifconfig(1M), attributes(5) DIAGNOSTICS
usage: -fs <addr_family> <commands> This message indicates an invalid command line. ifparse: Not enough space This message indicates insufficient memory. ifparse: dhcp not supported for inet6 DHCP operations are not supported for the inet6 address family. ifparse: Operation <operation> not supported for <addr_family> Most operations cannot be used with all address families. For example, the broadcast operation is not supported on the inet6 address fam- ily. ifparse: no argument for <operation> Some operations, for example broadcast, require an argument. NOTES
The ifparse command is classified as an obsolete interface. It will likely be removed in a future release. You should not develop applica- tions that depend upon this interface. SunOS 5.10 9 May 2001 ifparse(1M)