Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Creating single pattern for matching multiple files. Post 302795485 by hanson44 on Thursday 18th of April 2013 12:25:58 AM
Old 04-18-2013
Code:
$ pattern="856* 945* 851*"
$ ls $pattern
851-abc  856-abc  856-def  945-def

This User Gave Thanks to hanson44 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

pattern matching over multiple lines and deleting the first

I've got a longish log file with content such as Uplink traffic: Downlink traffic: I want to parse the log file and remove any line that contains the string "Uplink traffic:" at the beginning of the line, but only if the line following it beginnings with the string "Downlink traffic:" (in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yorkie99
7 Replies

2. Programming

creating multiple threads using single thread id

Hi all, Can I create multiple threads using single thread_id like pthread_t thread_id; pthread_create(&thread_id, NULL, &print_xs, NULL); pthread_create(&thread_id, NULL, &print_ys, NULL); pthread_create(&thread_id, NULL, &print_zs, NULL); pthread_join(thread_id, NULL); what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zing_foru
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED multiple pattern matching

Hello sorry for the probably simple question - searching about the forums and Internet, I have not found the answer. Could you tell me please how to do a multiple pattern match with SED So it would be SED searching for "PATTERN1" 'or' "PATTERN2" not 'and' if they happen to fall on the same... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lostincashe
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating number by pattern matching

I have a certain mnemonic string from which I want to calculate a number The pattern follows three letters s, v and d. If a letter is by its own, the number assigned to the letter is assumed to be one. Else it takes the value preceeding it. I then need to add the numbers together. Example ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split single file into multiple files using pattern matching

I have one single shown below and I need to break each ST|850 & SE to separate file using unix script. Below example should create 3 files. We can use ST & SE to filter as these field names will remain same. Please advice with the unix code. ST|850 BEG|PO|1234 LIN|1|23 SE|4 ST|850... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasadm
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script issue redirecting to multiple files after matching pattern

Hi All I am having one awk and sed requirement for the below problem. I tried multiple options in my sed or awk and right output is not coming out. Problem Description ############################################################### I am having a big file say file having repeated... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - filter blocks between single delimiters matching a pattern

Hi! I have a file with the following format:CDR ... MSISDN=111 ... CDR ... MSISDN=xxx ... CDR ... MSISDN=xxx ... CDR ... MSISDN=111 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Flavius
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern Matching and creating output

HI Unix Forum, My requirement I have two set of Patterns UBA and CIE for which different Phases are there which will have Start and End time. They are not in same order. I want the o/p in the below mentioned format. Eg: Mangolia Alien 03:04:56 Phase 0 started (10... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TechGyaann
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Performance assessment of using single or combined pattern matching

Hi, I want to know which pattern matching technique will be giving better performance and quick result. I will be having the patterns in a file and want to read that patterns and search through a whole file of say 70 MB size. whether if i initially create a pattern matching string while... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananan
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Group Multiple Lines on SINGLE line matching pattern

Hi Guys, I am trying to format my csv file. When I spool the file using sqlplus the single row output is wrapped on three lines. Somehow I managed to format that file and finally i am trying to make the multiple line on single line. The below command is working fine but I need to pass the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RJSKR28
3 Replies
Char(3) 						User Contributed Perl Documentation						   Char(3)

NAME
PDL::Char -- PDL subclass which allows reading and writing of fixed-length character strings as byte PDLs SYNOPSIS
use PDL; use PDL::Char; my $pchar = PDL::Char->new( [['abc', 'def', 'ghi'],['jkl', 'mno', 'pqr']] ); $pchar->setstr(1,0,'foo'); print $pchar; # 'string' bound to "", perl stringify function # Prints: # [ # ['abc' 'foo' 'ghi'] # ['jkl' 'mno' 'pqr'] # ] print $pchar->atstr(2,0); # Prints: # ghi DESCRIPTION
This subclass of PDL allows one to manipulate PDLs of 'byte' type as if they were made of fixed length strings, not just numbers. This type of behavior is useful when you want to work with charactar grids. The indexing is done on a string level and not a character level for the 'setstr' and 'atstr' commands. This module is in particular useful for writing NetCDF files that include character data using the PDL::NetCDF module. FUNCTIONS
new Function to create a byte PDL from a string, list of strings, list of list of strings, etc. # create a new PDL::Char from a perl array of strings $strpdl = PDL::Char->new( ['abc', 'def', 'ghij'] ); # Convert a PDL of type 'byte' to a PDL::Char $strpdl1 = PDL::Char->new (sequence (byte, 4, 5)+99); $pdlchar3d = PDL::Char->new([['abc','def','ghi'],['jkl', 'mno', 'pqr']]); string Function to print a character PDL (created by 'char') in a pretty format. $char = PDL::Char->new( [['abc', 'def', 'ghi'], ['jkl', 'mno', 'pqr']] ); print $char; # 'string' bound to "", perl stringify function # Prints: # [ # ['abc' 'def' 'ghi'] # ['jkl' 'mno' 'pqr'] # ] # 'string' is overloaded to the "" operator, so: # print $char; # should have the same effect. setstr Function to set one string value in a character PDL. The input position is the position of the string, not a character in the string. The first dimension is assumed to be the length of the string. The input string will be null-padded if the string is shorter than the first dimension of the PDL. It will be truncated if it is longer. $char = PDL::Char->new( [['abc', 'def', 'ghi'], ['jkl', 'mno', 'pqr']] ); $char->setstr(0,1, 'foobar'); print $char; # 'string' bound to "", perl stringify function # Prints: # [ # ['abc' 'def' 'ghi'] # ['foo' 'mno' 'pqr'] # ] $char->setstr(2,1, 'f'); print $char; # 'string' bound to "", perl stringify function # Prints: # [ # ['abc' 'def' 'ghi'] # ['foo' 'mno' 'f'] -> note that this 'f' is stored "f" # ] atstr Function to fetch one string value from a PDL::Char type PDL, given a position within the PDL. The input position of the string, not a character in the string. The length of the input string is the implied first dimension. $char = PDL::Char->new( [['abc', 'def', 'ghi'], ['jkl', 'mno', 'pqr']] ); print $char->atstr(0,1); # Prints: # jkl perl v5.8.0 2001-05-27 Char(3)