Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Create csv with output filenames and file size Post 302795447 by hanson44 on Wednesday 17th of April 2013 06:43:50 PM
Old 04-17-2013
Could you use code tags? Thanks
This User Gave Thanks to hanson44 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to create a file of specified size

hi guys, Is there any way to create a file of specified size ..ie...during creation itself u should be able to specify the size of it... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: deep
12 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need to create a file of specified size

Hi, I need to create a file using touch command . I want the size to be of 300 MB . Is it possible with touch or any other command. Thanx for your help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reply2soumya
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract variables from filenames and output to file

I need some help. I have a list of files (thousands) and would like to extract some variables from the file name and save that to a file The list of files look like: I am trying to write the following script but I am stuck at how I can get thevariables 'doy' and 'yr' from each file and then... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: malandisa
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to create a CSV file

I created a script that will go out and so a "/sbin/chkconfig --list | egrep XXX" against a server list that would create an output file like the following example: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- SERVER1 RC_Script_1 0:off 1:off 2:off... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asnatlas
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help. How to create csv file?

Hi I'm a beginner and I have some problem. I have multiple files in the same directory which has one column but rows following the format. File: directory/Disk.txt Content: a b c d e File: directory/Memory.txt a b c d e File: directory/CPU.txt (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thenuie
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 files of csv file and match column data and create a new csv file of them

Hi, I am newbie in shell script. I need your help to solve my problem. Firstly, I have 2 files of csv and i want to compare of the contents then the output will be written in a new csv file. File1: SourceFile,DateTimeOriginal /home/intannf/foto/IMG_0713.JPG,2015:02:17 11:14:07... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: refrain
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save output of updated csv file as csv file itself

Hi, all I want to sort a csv file based on timestamp from oldest to newest and save the output as csv file itself. Here is an example of my csv file. test.csv SourceFile,DateTimeOriginal /home/intannf/foto/IMG_0739.JPG,2015:02:17 11:32:21 /home/intannf/foto/IMG_0749.JPG,2015:02:17 11:37:28... (10 Replies)
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save output of updated csv file as csv file itself, part 2

Hi, I have another problem. I want to sort another csv file by the first field. result.csv SourceFile,Airspeed,GPSLatitude,GPSLongitude,Temperature,Pressure,Altitude,Roll,Pitch,Yaw /home/intannf/foto5/2015_0313_090651_219.JPG,0.,-7.77223,110.37310,30.75,996.46,148.75,180.94,182.00,63.92 ... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create csv from text file

Gents, I am trying to create a csv file using the file attached. I have a problem to get all information required because the rows are not continues. Here is my code till now. awk ' /"ffid"/{if(s){print s;s=$NF}else{s=$NF}} /"LineNumber"/{s=s $NF} /"PointNumber"/{s=s $NF}... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk and sed script to create one output CSV file

Hi All , I would require your help to generate one output file after post processing of one CSV file as stated below This file is just a small cut from a big file . Big file is having 20000 lines PATTERN,pat0,pat1,pat2,pat3,pat4,pat5,pat6,pat7,pat8,pat9... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
2 Replies
obd2csv(1)						      General Commands Manual							obd2csv(1)

NAME
obd2csv - Convert obdgpslogger(1) logs to csv files SYNOPSIS
obd2csv [ options ] DESCRIPTION
Convert obdgpslogger(1) logs to csv files OPTIONS
-o|--out <output filename> Output to this .csv file -d|--db <database> Work from logs stored in this database file -s|--start <time> Only dump rows more recent than this -e|--end <time> Only dump rows older than this -z|--gzip gzip compress output using zlib [if available] -v|--version Print out version number and exit. -h|--help Print out help and exit. NOT OPTIONS
These options aren't intended for end-users, they're for the GUI. -p|--progress Print out progress. It will occasionally print a number in the range [0..100], indicating progress percentage. SEE ALSO
obdgpslogger(1), obd2kml(1), obd2gpx(1), obdsim(1), obdgui(1), obdlogrepair(1) AUTHORS
Gary "Chunky Ks" Briggs <chunky@icculus.org> obd2csv(1)