Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Process holding /tmp space, need to know the process details Post 302795377 by bitlord on Wednesday 17th of April 2013 03:21:25 PM
Old 04-17-2013
Sometimes I will see stuff owned by aptar, for example. Aptar is application account for the Oracle database on the server.

You may want to look at the logs.
Like /var.log/messages for example.

You can remove most/all the files in the /tmp many of the files could be old and not used.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Process responsible for filling up /var/tmp

Hi, Help ! - I have a process which I cannot find that is writing to /var/tmp every 10 minutes and filling up my partition, it is also filling up my wtmpx file. I have some software error correction for a faulty DIMM at the moment - is this likely to be causing this as well as over-loading my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mal
3 Replies

2. AIX

Paging Space per process

This is my first post, and I am new to the UNIX world. Hopefully this question won't be too lame. I know that I can use topas to see the paging space used by some processes. I would like to script something that can add up the paging space used by process owned by or associated with an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alntht
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find the details of the previously running process with PID

OS: Unix or Linux I (only) know the pid of the process which was running earlier (say 5 hrs back) but it is not running now. Is there a way I could find the details of that process? (atleast the name of the process). Please let me know. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijay.d
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Help to trace process consuming more space

Hi all, We have a server having much processes running. It is very difficuilt to trace the exact consuming more memory. Howerver, it shows CPU usage in sequence but how memory? Tried working with TOP command. Please let me know if something not clear. Thanks, Deepak (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
5 Replies

5. Solaris

How to check which process is holding up the ilde port

HI All Am on Sun OS.While trying to start a process , we could see that the port is idle and we are not able to find the process holding that port. Below is the result we get after using netstat command. lsof command is not yet installed in our machine. netstat -a | grep "port no"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Whiteboard
5 Replies

6. AIX

Wait process holding CPU

Hi all, Have this performance Issue, srvbd1]root]/]>ps vg | head -1 ; ps vg | grep -w wait PID TTY STAT TIME PGIN SIZE RSS LIM TSIZ TRS %CPU %MEM COMMAND 8196 - A 4448:23 0 384 384 xx 0 0 12.8 0.0 wait 53274 - A 4179:28 0 384 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gopeezere
9 Replies

7. AIX

Need to get process details

Hello, Below are the list of files ls -lrt total 16 lr-x------ 43 oracle dba 0 Dec 5 14:27 root -> / lr-x------ 2 oracle dba 0 Dec 16 00:14 cwd -> /prodoragridcn_01/app/oracle/product/11203/dbs/ -r--r--r-- 1 oracle dba 0 Dec 16... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find process holding a semaphore?

Hello All, The system concerned has multiple processes communicating with each other using shared memory. These processes use semaphores to protect data being used amongst them. The "key" would uniquely identifies the particular semaphore corresponding to a resource for the various processes. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saptarshi
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need generic command to get complete running process details

I am on SunOS and Linux I need generic command to get complete process details from which i will eventually extract socket details (listen address and port) ps -ef | ggrep -i server | ggrep -i mydomaindoes not yield a process that should have both the grep entries along with the listen... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need iplanet process health runtime details

Hi, I have iPlanet 7.0 process running on Solaris system SunOS mymac15.10 Generic_150400-59 sun4v sparc sun4v. The link here suggests to use the below command to get process runtime details / health inorder to understand if the iPlanet process is hung or good. /usr/bin/ps -o "pid ppid... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
4 Replies
FAXCRON(8)						      System Manager's Manual							FAXCRON(8)

NAME
faxcron - HylaFAX routine maintenance script SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/faxcron [ -n ] [ -l lastrun ] DESCRIPTION
faxcron is a command script that does routine upkeep tasks in a HylaFAX spooling directory hierarchy. This script is intended to be invoked from cron(8) on behalf of the fax user (often the ``fax'' user is uucp) once a day, with the standard output sent by mail to the HylaFAX administrator. For example, the following crontab might be set up for the fax user: 25 23 * * * sh /usr/sbin/faxcron | mail FaxMaster The faxcron script does the following work: o report statistics for facsimile transmitted since the last time faxcron was run. o report statistics for facsimile transmitted in the past week. o report statistics for facsimile received since the last time faxcron was run. o report statistics for facsimile received in the past week. o report any recent calls that failed suspiciously and return the associated trace log; o purge data that is 30 days or older from the remote machine information directory; o delete information that is 30 days or older from session trace log files; o remove files from the tmp directory that are older than 1 day; o remove files in the received facsimile queue that are 7 days or older; o report sites that are currently having jobs rejected; and o force all session log files to be owned by the fax user and kept with protection mode 644. OPTIONS
-n Forces faxcron to run without updating any files. -l lastrun Forces the notion of the last time that faxcron was run to be lastrun. The value of lastrun is a date and time string of the form ``MM/DD/YY HH:MM'' (the date(1) format string ``%D %H:%M''). -info n Set the expiration time for data in the info database to be n days. -log n Set the expiration time for session log data to be n days. -rcv n Set the expiration time for files in the received facsimile queue to be n days. -tmp n Set the expiration time for files in the tmp directory to be n days. -mode m Set the file protection mode for session logs to m (a command line argument to chmod(1)). NOTES
This script requires nawk(1) or gawk(1) and a date (1) program that supports the ``+format'' option. If session logs are to be kept private this script must be modified to filter out sensitive information such as calling card numbers. (It should also be run with ``-mode 0600'' so that session log files are not publicly readable.) FILES
/var/spool/hylafax spooling area /var/spool/hylafax/status/lastrun timestamp of last run /usr/sbin/xferfaxstats for generating transmit statistics /usr/sbin/recvstats for generating receive statistics /var/spool/hylafax/tmp/faxcronXXXX temporary file for truncating session logs /var/spool/hylafax/tmp/faxlogXXXX temporary file for logs of failed calls SEE ALSO
cron(8), faxq(8), faxgetty(8), faxsend(8), xferfaxstats(8), recvstats(8), hylafax-server(5) May 12, 1996 FAXCRON(8)