Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Using motion
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Using motion Post 302795135 by droidus on Wednesday 17th of April 2013 10:16:38 AM
Old 04-17-2013
Using motion

I am using motion on my Raspberry Pi with an HP webcam. When I begin motion, and from another computer, type in the address of the server with the webcam, then the port (8000/8001), it just says that the page could not be found. When I type in just the IP address, i come to a page that says "It works!", which I believe, to be the default Apache page.
Is there a service that motion needs to stream the video, to allow remote connections to view it? I had it working before, and it prompted me for a username/password.

EDIT: I tried accessing it locally on the same machine with the webcam, and still get the error that the page could not be located. It says that it cannot resolve the hostname (localhost). It can display just the localhost page, which is that "It works!" page.

Last edited by droidus; 04-17-2013 at 11:28 AM..

Gtk2::Gdk::Input(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       Gtk2::Gdk::Input(3)

NAME
Gtk2::Gdk::Input METHODS
Gtk2::Gdk::Input->set_extension_events ($window, $mask, $mode) o $window (Gtk2::Gdk::Window) o $mask (Gtk2::Gdk::EventMask) o $mode (Gtk2::Gdk::ExtensionMode) ENUMS AND FLAGS
flags Gtk2::Gdk::EventMask o 'exposure-mask' / 'GDK_EXPOSURE_MASK' o 'pointer-motion-mask' / 'GDK_POINTER_MOTION_MASK' o 'pointer-motion-hint-mask' / 'GDK_POINTER_MOTION_HINT_MASK' o 'button-motion-mask' / 'GDK_BUTTON_MOTION_MASK' o 'button1-motion-mask' / 'GDK_BUTTON1_MOTION_MASK' o 'button2-motion-mask' / 'GDK_BUTTON2_MOTION_MASK' o 'button3-motion-mask' / 'GDK_BUTTON3_MOTION_MASK' o 'button-press-mask' / 'GDK_BUTTON_PRESS_MASK' o 'button-release-mask' / 'GDK_BUTTON_RELEASE_MASK' o 'key-press-mask' / 'GDK_KEY_PRESS_MASK' o 'key-release-mask' / 'GDK_KEY_RELEASE_MASK' o 'enter-notify-mask' / 'GDK_ENTER_NOTIFY_MASK' o 'leave-notify-mask' / 'GDK_LEAVE_NOTIFY_MASK' o 'focus-change-mask' / 'GDK_FOCUS_CHANGE_MASK' o 'structure-mask' / 'GDK_STRUCTURE_MASK' o 'property-change-mask' / 'GDK_PROPERTY_CHANGE_MASK' o 'visibility-notify-mask' / 'GDK_VISIBILITY_NOTIFY_MASK' o 'proximity-in-mask' / 'GDK_PROXIMITY_IN_MASK' o 'proximity-out-mask' / 'GDK_PROXIMITY_OUT_MASK' o 'substructure-mask' / 'GDK_SUBSTRUCTURE_MASK' o 'scroll-mask' / 'GDK_SCROLL_MASK' o 'all-events-mask' / 'GDK_ALL_EVENTS_MASK' enum Gtk2::Gdk::ExtensionMode o 'none' / 'GDK_EXTENSION_EVENTS_NONE' o 'all' / 'GDK_EXTENSION_EVENTS_ALL' o 'cursor' / 'GDK_EXTENSION_EVENTS_CURSOR' SEE ALSO
Gtk2 COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003-2008 by the gtk2-perl team. This software is licensed under the LGPL. See Gtk2 for a full notice. perl v5.12.1 2010-07-05 Gtk2::Gdk::Input(3)