Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to get sqlplus column header once in csv file? Post 302795101 by franzpizzo on Wednesday 17th of April 2013 09:52:50 AM
Old 04-17-2013
Hi, this is a a similar solution of matrixmadhan:
Code:
cat spool.txt

X          Y          Z
---------- ---------- ----------
         1          2          3
         1          2          3
         1          2          3
         1          2          3
         1          2          3
         1          2          3
         1          2          3
         1          2          3
         1          2          3
         1          2          3
         1          2          3

X          Y          Z
         1          2          3
         1          2          3
         1          2          3
         1          2          3
         1          2          3
         1          2          3
         1          2          3
         1          2          3
         1          2          3

cat spool.txt| grep -v "^.$"| head -2 > header.txt
cat header.txt > final_spool.txt
grep -v -f header.txt spool.txt | grep -v "^.$" >>final_spool.txt

cat final_spool.txt
        X          Y          Z
         1          2          3
         1          2          3
         1          2          3
         1          2          3
         1          2          3
         1          2          3
         1          2          3
         1          2          3
         1          2          3
         1          2          3
         1          2          3
         1          2          3
         1          2          3
         1          2          3
         1          2          3
         1          2          3
         1          2          3
         1          2          3
         1          2          3
         1          2          3
         1          2          3
         1          2          3
         1          2          3
         1          2          3

Try also without dots:

Code:
cat spool.txt| grep -v "^$"| head -2 > header.txt
cat header.txt > final_spool.txt
grep -v -f header.txt spool.txt | grep -v "^$" >>final_spool.txt

Last edited by franzpizzo; 04-17-2013 at 10:58 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I add a header to a csv file

I have a csv file which has no header. the file has 15 fields and needs to go out with a header of 8 fields. The header content needs to have some variables and some fixed that i have set up: variable header fields OUTFILE_YEAR=`date '+%y'` DATE=`date '+%d%m%y'` TIME=`date '+%H:%M:%S'`... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pablo_beezo
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append Header in CSV file

Hi, I create a csv file and the output looks like below Arun,E001 Sathish,E003 Now i need to include the below header and the output should like below Name,Number Arun,E001 Sathish,E003 Please guide me. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekar1
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add header to a .csv file

Hi, I am trying to add a header record to all the .csv files in a directory. I am using the below sed commnad sed -i '1 i \abc,sam,xyz,tip,pep,rip' xyz.csv but this is not adding the header and I am not getting any error,pls tell me if any thing is wrong in the code. Thanks, Shruthi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shruthidwh
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename a header column by adding another column entry to the header column name URGENT!!

Hi All, I have a file example.csv which looks like this GrpID,TargetID,Signal,Avg_Num CSCH74_1_1,2007,61,256 CSCH74_1_1,212007,647,679 CSCH74_1_1,12007,3,32 CSCH74_1_1,207,299,777 I want the output as GrpID,TragetID,Signal-CSCH74_1_1,Avg_Num CSCH74_1_1,2007,61,256... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vavad
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rename a header column by adding another column entry to the header column name

Hi All, I have a file example.csv which looks like this GrpID,TargetID,Signal,Avg_Num CSCH74_1_1,2007,61,256 CSCH74_1_1,212007,647,679 CSCH74_1_1,12007,3,32 CSCH74_1_1,207,299,777 I want the output as GrpID,TragetID,Signal-CSCH74_1_1,Avg_Num CSCH74_1_1,2007,61,256... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vavad
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Merge all csv files in one folder considering only 1 header row and ignoring header of all others

Friends, I need help with the following in UNIX. Merge all csv files in one folder considering only 1 header row and ignoring header of all other files. FYI - All files are in same format and contains same headers. Thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shiny_Roy
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a csv file with header in UNIX

I have a flat file that contains dynamic list of variables like a=1 b=2 c=3 . .. z=26 I need to convert the above into a csv file having the format below: a,b,c,..,z 1,2,3,..,26 Please note, I do not want a comma separating the last variable. I tried to refer the post... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkumbhakarna
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching the header of a .CSV file with dynamic field names

I have a .CSV file (frequency - weekly) whose header contains the year-week value in two of the columns which keeps changing every week. For an instance please see below. Column1,Column2,Column3,Column4,Column5,Column6,Column7,Column8,Column9,Column10,Column11,Column12,Column13,201420... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 files of csv file and match column data and create a new csv file of them

Hi, I am newbie in shell script. I need your help to solve my problem. Firstly, I have 2 files of csv and i want to compare of the contents then the output will be written in a new csv file. File1: SourceFile,DateTimeOriginal /home/intannf/foto/IMG_0713.JPG,2015:02:17 11:14:07... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: refrain
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to validate header in a csv file

Hi All; I am struggling to write a script that validates file header. Header file would be like below with TAB separated TRX # TYPE REF # Source Piece Code Destination Piece Code every time I need to check the txt file if the header was same as above fields if validation success... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: heye18
6 Replies
BB-CSVINFO.CGI(1)					      General Commands Manual						 BB-CSVINFO.CGI(1)

NAME
bb-csvinfo.cgi - CGI program to show host information from a CSV file SYNOPSIS
bb-csvinfo.cgi DESCRIPTION
bb-csvinfo.cgi is invoked as a CGI script via the bb-csvinfo.sh CGI wrapper. Based on the parameters it receives, it searches a comma- separated file for the matching host, and presents the information found as a table. bb-csvinfo.cgi is passed a QUERY_STRING environment variable with the following parameters: key (string to search for, typically hostname) column (columnnumber to search - default 0) db (name of the CSV database file in $BBHOME/etc/, default hostinfo.csv) delimiter (delimiter character for columns, default semi-colon) CSV files are easily created from e.g. spreadsheets, by exporting them in CSV format. You should have one host per line, with the first line containing the column headings. Despite their name, the default delimiter for CSV files is the semi-colon - if you need a different delimiter, invoke bb-csvinfo.cgi with the "delimiter=<character>" in the query string. Example usage This example shows how you can use the bb-csvinfo CGI. It assumes you have a CSV-formatted file with information about the hosts stored as $BBHOME/etc/hostinfo.csv, and the hostname is in the first column of the file. Use with the bbgen --docurl The --docurl option to bbgen(1) sets up all of the hostnames on your Xymon webpages to act as links to a CGI script. To invoke the bb-csvinfo CGI script, run bbgen with the option --docurl=/cgi-bin/bb-csvinfo.sh?db=hostinfo.csv&key=%s SEE ALSO
bb-hosts(5), hobbitserver.cfg(5), bbgen(1) Xymon Version 4.2.3: 4 Feb 2009 BB-CSVINFO.CGI(1)