Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Search and replace a line in perl Post 302795085 by arindam guha on Wednesday 17th of April 2013 09:25:35 AM
Old 04-17-2013
Hi,
Can i place those escape characters by script automatically? i mean to say that when it gets one special character,place '/' before this in automatic way.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Search for string on line then search and replace text

Hi All, I have a file that I need to be able to find a pattern match on a line, search that line for a text pattern, and replace that text. An example of 4 lines in my file is: 1. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData ReplaceMe moreData 2. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData moreData... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crypto
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and replace in Perl

Hello, I have a Perl script that reads in an Excel spread sheet and formats the values into a text file. I am having trouble with one column that can have numbers or letters. Excel left justifies the values that start with a letter and right justifies the values that contain only a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyoung
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Global Search and replace

I have a file where the rows correspond to individuals and the columns are about 106 variables. Each variable is coded as either ACGT, and "missing" is coded as blank. This is a tab delimited file. I'm trying to replace all blanks (" ") with 0. The simple script I have is only replacing some of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: epi8
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Search and replace entire line

I have a perl function in my script that needs to replace an entire line in a file sub changestate { my $base = (); my @base = (); open(BASE, $file) || die("Could not open file!"); @base=<BASE>; close (BASE); foreach $base(@base) { if($base =~... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: insania
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Search Parameter in first line and replace next line content

Hi, I need help. I have XML file as below &lt;a n=&quot;infoLevel&quot;&gt; &lt;v s=&quot;true&quot;/&gt; &lt;/a&gt; &lt;a n=&quot;localAddr&quot;&gt; &lt;v s=&quot;server.host.com&quot;/&gt; &lt;/a&gt; &lt;a n=&quot;ListenPort&quot;&gt; &lt;v s=&quot;21111&quot;/&gt; &lt;/a&gt; I need to find variable "ListenPort" in line and then replace... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdtrivedi
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and Replace in Perl

I am trying to write a simple perl script to run on a FreeBSD machine. There are alot of posts here, and I have read so many, yet can not get this script to run. #!/usr/bin/perl -e 's/\r\n/~/' infile.txt outfile.txt I am trying to take a windows text file, move it into Unix, run a script on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mach1
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl search and replace - search in first line and replance in 2nd line

Dear All, i want to search particular string and want to replance next line value. following is the test file. search string is tmp,??? ,10:1 "???" may contain any 3 character it should remain the same and next line replace with ,10:50 tmp,123 --- if match tmp,??? then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindng
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - search and replace a particular field

Hi, I have a file having around 30 records. Each record has 5 fields delimited by PIPE. Few records in the file having Junk characters in the field2 and field4. I found the junk charcter and I tested it and replace the junk with space with the command below perl -i -p -e "s/\x00/ /g"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramkrix
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and replace (perl)

How can I achieve this? Perl would be awesome. Input string a_b c //Note there is a blank here Needed Output a_b_c Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragonpoint
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple line search, replace second line, using awk or sed

All, I appreciate any help you can offer here as this is well beyond my grasp of awk/sed... I have an input file similar to: &LOG &LOG Part: "@DB/TC10000021855/--F" &LOG &LOG &LOG Part: "@DB/TC10000021852/--F" &LOG Cloning_Action: RETAIN &LOG Part: "@DB/TCCP000010713/--A" &LOG &LOG... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: KarmaPoliceT2
5 Replies
REPLACE(1)						       MySQL Database System							REPLACE(1)

NAME
replace - a string-replacement utility SYNOPSIS
replace arguments DESCRIPTION
The replace utility program changes strings in place in files or on the standard input. Note The replace utility is deprecated as of MySQL 5.7.18 and is removed in MySQL 8.0. Invoke replace in one of the following ways: shell> replace from to [from to] ... -- file_name [file_name] ... shell> replace from to [from to] ... < file_name from represents a string to look for and to represents its replacement. There can be one or more pairs of strings. Use the -- option to indicate where the string-replacement list ends and the file names begin. In this case, any file named on the command line is modified in place, so you may want to make a copy of the original before converting it. replace prints a message indicating which of the input files it actually modifies. If the -- option is not given, replace reads the standard input and writes to the standard output. replace uses a finite state machine to match longer strings first. It can be used to swap strings. For example, the following command swaps a and b in the given files, file1 and file2: shell> replace a b b a -- file1 file2 ... replace supports the following options. o -?, -I Display a help message and exit. o -#debug_options Enable debugging. o -s Silent mode. Print less information what the program does. o -v Verbose mode. Print more information about what the program does. o -V Display version information and exit. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997, 2018, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. This documentation is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it only under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License. This documentation is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA or see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/. SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MySQL Reference Manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/. AUTHOR
Oracle Corporation (http://dev.mysql.com/). MySQL 5.7 06/07/2018 REPLACE(1)