Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parsing Command Line Arguments In C shell script Post 302794939 by hanson44 on Wednesday 17th of April 2013 03:34:50 AM
Old 04-17-2013
I am not a csh programmer. Smilie

But maybe I can help anyway. Would something like the following work:
Code:
echo "$RD_Heir" | grep -q 32b
if ( $? == 0 ) then
  setenv 32BIT true
else 
  setenv 64BIT true
endif

I don't think you need to use getopts.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Parsing the command line arguments

Is there a way to get the command line arguments. I am using getopt(3) but if the arguments are more than one for a particular option than it just ignores the second argument. For eg ./a.out -x abc def now abd will be got with -x using getopt "( x : )" and string abc\0def will get stored... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayakhanna
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help parsing command line arguments in bash

Looking for a little help parsing some command line arguments in a bash script I am working on, this is probably fairly basic to most, but I do not have much experience with it. At the command line, when the script is run, I need to make sure the argument passed is a file, it exists in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Breakology
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bourne Shell Script that only takes command line arguments

Does anybody know how to Accept a “userid” as a command line argument on a Unix Bourne Shell Script? The output should be something like this: User userid has a home directory of /path/directory the default shell for this user is /path/shell (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajaira
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Does anybody know how to Accept a “userid” as a command line argument on a Unix Bourne Shell Script? The output should be something like this: User userid has a home directory of /path/directory the default shell for this user is /path/shell (1 Reply)
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Does anybody know how to Accept a “userid” as a command line argument on a Unix Bourne Shell Script? The output should be something like this: User userid has a home directory of /path/directory the default shell for this user is /path/shell (5 Replies)
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script command line arguments

Hello All, i am known to the limitation of different shells while passing more than 9 command line arguments i just tried the example below i do see my current shell is tcsh echo $SHELL /bin/tcsh so if i make my script executable and run it output is ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deepak Dutt
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use case and command line arguments in shell script?

Hi... can anyone please help me out in using the CASE and command line argument in shell script... i am bit new to shell scripting...below i have explained my proble with example... say i have an executable file with name 'new1.sh' and there are 3 functions in it a(), b() and c()....and there... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: swap21783
5 Replies

8. Programming

Parsing command line arguments in Python

Hi, I've a python script called aaa.py and passing an command line option " -a" to the script like, ./aaa.py -a & Inside the script if the -a option is given I do some operation if not something else. code looks like ./aaa.py -a . . if options.a ---some operation--- if not options.a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: testin
1 Replies

9. Programming

How to pass the command line arguments to the shell script in c language?

hi, I am new in the shell script, and c programming with linux. I am looking to pass the arguments in c program that should be executed by the shell script. e.g. #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> int main(int argc, char *argv) { int i; for (i=1;i<argc; i++) { ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharlin
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to iterate all command line arguments

Hi guys, I am having trouble with this script. What i want it to do is to iterate all command line arguments in reverse order. The code below does this fine but i need the output to print the words on separate lines instead of one line: #!/bin/bash #Takes in the arguments and displays them... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pipeline2012
7 Replies
Char(3) 						User Contributed Perl Documentation						   Char(3)

NAME
PDL::Char -- PDL subclass which allows reading and writing of fixed-length character strings as byte PDLs SYNOPSIS
use PDL; use PDL::Char; my $pchar = PDL::Char->new( [['abc', 'def', 'ghi'],['jkl', 'mno', 'pqr']] ); $pchar->setstr(1,0,'foo'); print $pchar; # 'string' bound to "", perl stringify function # Prints: # [ # ['abc' 'foo' 'ghi'] # ['jkl' 'mno' 'pqr'] # ] print $pchar->atstr(2,0); # Prints: # ghi DESCRIPTION
This subclass of PDL allows one to manipulate PDLs of 'byte' type as if they were made of fixed length strings, not just numbers. This type of behavior is useful when you want to work with charactar grids. The indexing is done on a string level and not a character level for the 'setstr' and 'atstr' commands. This module is in particular useful for writing NetCDF files that include character data using the PDL::NetCDF module. FUNCTIONS
new Function to create a byte PDL from a string, list of strings, list of list of strings, etc. # create a new PDL::Char from a perl array of strings $strpdl = PDL::Char->new( ['abc', 'def', 'ghij'] ); # Convert a PDL of type 'byte' to a PDL::Char $strpdl1 = PDL::Char->new (sequence (byte, 4, 5)+99); $pdlchar3d = PDL::Char->new([['abc','def','ghi'],['jkl', 'mno', 'pqr']]); string Function to print a character PDL (created by 'char') in a pretty format. $char = PDL::Char->new( [['abc', 'def', 'ghi'], ['jkl', 'mno', 'pqr']] ); print $char; # 'string' bound to "", perl stringify function # Prints: # [ # ['abc' 'def' 'ghi'] # ['jkl' 'mno' 'pqr'] # ] # 'string' is overloaded to the "" operator, so: # print $char; # should have the same effect. setstr Function to set one string value in a character PDL. The input position is the position of the string, not a character in the string. The first dimension is assumed to be the length of the string. The input string will be null-padded if the string is shorter than the first dimension of the PDL. It will be truncated if it is longer. $char = PDL::Char->new( [['abc', 'def', 'ghi'], ['jkl', 'mno', 'pqr']] ); $char->setstr(0,1, 'foobar'); print $char; # 'string' bound to "", perl stringify function # Prints: # [ # ['abc' 'def' 'ghi'] # ['foo' 'mno' 'pqr'] # ] $char->setstr(2,1, 'f'); print $char; # 'string' bound to "", perl stringify function # Prints: # [ # ['abc' 'def' 'ghi'] # ['foo' 'mno' 'f'] -> note that this 'f' is stored "f" # ] atstr Function to fetch one string value from a PDL::Char type PDL, given a position within the PDL. The input position of the string, not a character in the string. The length of the input string is the implied first dimension. $char = PDL::Char->new( [['abc', 'def', 'ghi'], ['jkl', 'mno', 'pqr']] ); print $char->atstr(0,1); # Prints: # jkl perl v5.12.1 2009-10-17 Char(3)