Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Please help to fix awk script Post 302794923 by RudiC on Wednesday 17th of April 2013 03:11:07 AM
Old 04-17-2013
Please use code tags as required by forum rules!

Replace the next command with getline. BTW, there's much opportunities to improve / trim / prune your code. First, indent code so the logics become clearer at first sight. Second, try to avoid that many if - else if branches. There may be better ways to get the logics coded.
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk / shell - Fix broken lines and data

Gurus, I am struggling with a issue and thought I could use some of your expertise. Need Help with this I have a flat file that has millions of records 24|john|account ~ info |56| 25|kuo|account ~ journal |58| 27|kim|account ~ journal |59| 28|San|account ~ journal |60|... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rimss
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

fix a problem in this script

z=9 i=0 h=02 min=55 while do cat /home/barmecha/test | grep $h:$min >> /home/barmecha/file1 min=`expr $min + 1` if ; then h=`expr $h + 1` fi i=`expr $i + 1` done i have a log file with time wise log in it, this script help me to pull out logs of the give time interval...but the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhishek27
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK record length fix

Hi Friends, Need some help in AWK. Working on AIX 5 Have been trying the following functionality to make the record length fixed: if( length(record) < 300 ) { printf("%-300s\n", record); } In my opinion it will apply some fillers in the end. Its is not making any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanu_pathak
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to fix this awk script?

i have a log file while looks like this ++ user_a blabla blabla nas_b blabla user_d this is a user_a junk line another junk line user_c nas_m blabla ++ basically most of the lines contain a "user" keywords, and the rest of the lines do not have "user" at all. So I have the... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: fedora
17 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to fix the column length in a file using Awk Prog

Hi I use the following code to read the file and to fix the length of the column of the record in the file 'Sample.txt' ls Samp* | awk ' { a=$1 } END{ FS="n" for(i=1;i<=NR;i++) { while( getline < a ) { f1=$0; print("Line::",f1); f2=substr(f1,1,10) print("Field1::",f2);... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: meva
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to fix this awk

I have a script which will mask the 9th and 15th column in a record starting with BPR. The record looks like below before my script BPR*C*160860.04*C*ACH*CTX*01*072000326*DA*1548843*3006968523**01*071000013*DA*5529085*100323*VEN The record will be masked after my script parses this... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Muthuraj K
19 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fix timestamp with Sed or Awk

Hi I am dealing with the following string: Date: Thur, 13 March 2011 01:01:10 +0000 I asked for help in another topic that converted a similar string: Date: Thur, 13 March 2011 9:50 AM To a 24 hr standard. The problem is that it comes out as: Date: Thur, 13 March 2011 9:50:00 +0000... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: duonut
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

My script failed and can't fix it ?

Hi , I'd like to give you a little bit idea about my script which is used to get any generated file from remote server using ftp session then organized those file into directories based on their date ( at the end I supposed to have 1 months directories 20130401 20130402 ....20130430 ,... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: arm
27 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk if condition match and fix print decimal place

Hi All, I have problem in the middle of implementing to users, whereby the complaint is all about the decimal place which is too long. I need two decimal places only, but the outcome from command is always fixed to 6. See the sample : before: Sort Total Site Sort SortName Parts ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: horsepower
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk file subtracted by a fix value - conditioned

Hi all... i have been trying to make this work but I have been failing for 6 hours .. I know it should be something simple that I am missing to it would be great if you can help me ... I want to subtract a fixed value (lets set 1) from any value >=1 from the whole file my file looks like ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: A-V
4 Replies
GIT-PACK-REFS(1)                                                    Git Manual                                                    GIT-PACK-REFS(1)

NAME
git-pack-refs - Pack heads and tags for efficient repository access SYNOPSIS
git pack-refs [--all] [--no-prune] DESCRIPTION
Traditionally, tips of branches and tags (collectively known as refs) were stored one file per ref in a (sub)directory under $GIT_DIR/refs directory. While many branch tips tend to be updated often, most tags and some branch tips are never updated. When a repository has hundreds or thousands of tags, this one-file-per-ref format both wastes storage and hurts performance. This command is used to solve the storage and performance problem by storing the refs in a single file, $GIT_DIR/packed-refs. When a ref is missing from the traditional $GIT_DIR/refs directory hierarchy, it is looked up in this file and used if found. Subsequent updates to branches always create new files under $GIT_DIR/refs directory hierarchy. A recommended practice to deal with a repository with too many refs is to pack its refs with --all once, and occasionally run git pack-refs. Tags are by definition stationary and are not expected to change. Branch heads will be packed with the initial pack-refs --all, but only the currently active branch heads will become unpacked, and the next pack-refs (without --all) will leave them unpacked. OPTIONS
--all The command by default packs all tags and refs that are already packed, and leaves other refs alone. This is because branches are expected to be actively developed and packing their tips does not help performance. This option causes branch tips to be packed as well. Useful for a repository with many branches of historical interests. --no-prune The command usually removes loose refs under $GIT_DIR/refs hierarchy after packing them. This option tells it not to. BUGS
Older documentation written before the packed-refs mechanism was introduced may still say things like ".git/refs/heads/<branch> file exists" when it means "branch <branch> exists". GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 2.17.1 10/05/2018 GIT-PACK-REFS(1)