Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX History command with timestamp Post 302794559 by RudiC on Tuesday 16th of April 2013 10:09:01 AM
Old 04-16-2013
Log out and log back in, set the HISTTIMEFORMAT again, and you're there.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

History Command

Hi I am using ksh shell, and I am unable to use the command !n (where n is the number in the history list). Please help me... :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command history

Hello everyone, I am aware about the history command we use in bash. Just had a question regarding the history of commands. Is there any way i can limit my commands to be remembered or is there any way to delete the commands used by myself? Thank you (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: a25khan
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help in history Command

in my system history command is set to 60 how to remove all the command status even if i give history command. i mean: if i give history command in unix it should not show anything.........how to achieve this (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

History Command

Hi all experts, I want to see all the command that is typed in the server 3 days ago. I typed HISTORY command but it does not show all the things. The reason is my senior DBA could see all the commands ran in the server 3 days ago but i cannot see. Please let me know is there anyway i can view... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ma466
6 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

History command

I am working on solaris and audit is not configured on server. I get last commands used on server by HISTORY command, but I want some extra information like by which user command fired & by which host id Because same time we have many people use one login & fire commands & want History command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akash_wagh
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vi command history

How do you look at the whole list of previous commands you have used in VI? I know you can use the up and down arrows, but I know there's a way to see the full list. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
5 Replies

7. Linux

history timestamp is messed up

Hi, Just wanted to know if anyone else has noted that the time-stamp in the history is all out of whack.:eek: I've Ubuntu, all patched, and when I ran history, it showed me commands that I ran few weeks ago with today's date. Is this normal? Here is a snippet: .... 85 2010-06-09 09:03:31... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitin
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

history timestamp in Solaris

Anyone knows how to display timestamp in Solaris since "HISTIMEFORMAT" variable is not supported in ksh ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxgeek
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

The history command: See other users command history

Can anyone tell this: If two users are logged into the same server from different locations. Is there a way to see the history command of the other user? I tried the history command, but it is showing me only the commands I used. Thanks in advance for your help. Iamnew2solaris (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iamnew2solaris
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

History command

Hi, I would like to know commands which i have executed on terminal should not be present in the history.How can i approch please help me. Regards, Mastan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mastansaheb
1 Replies
rwsnoop(1m)							   USER COMMANDS						       rwsnoop(1m)

NAME
rwsnoop - snoop read/write events. Uses DTrace. SYNOPSIS
rwsnoop [-jPtvZ] [-n name] [-p PID] DESCRIPTION
This is measuring reads and writes at the application level. This matches the syscalls read, write, pread and pwrite. Since this uses DTrace, only users with root privileges can run this command. OPTIONS
-j print project ID -P print parent process ID -t print timestamp, us -v print time, string -Z print zone ID -n name process name to track -p PID PID to track EXAMPLES
Default output, # rwsnoop Print zone ID, # rwsnoop -.Monitor processes named "bash", # rwsnoop -n bash FIELDS
TIME timestamp, us TIMESTR time, string ZONE zone ID PROJ project ID UID user ID PID process ID PPID parent process ID CMD command name for the process D direction, Read or Write BYTES total bytes during sample FILE filename, if file based. Reads and writes that are not file based, for example with sockets, will print "<unknown>" as the file- name. DOCUMENTATION
See the DTraceToolkit for further documentation under the Docs directory. The DTraceToolkit docs may include full worked examples with ver- bose descriptions explaining the output. EXIT
rwsnoop will run forever until Ctrl-C is hit. AUTHOR
Brendan Gregg [Sydney, Australia] SEE ALSO
rwtop(1M), dtrace(1M) version 0.70 Jul 24, 2005 rwsnoop(1m)