Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Binary Operator expected while executing the below shell script. Post 302794379 by hanson44 on Monday 15th of April 2013 09:08:45 PM
Old 04-15-2013
Code:
status=`echo $status`

Isn't that redundant?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

binary operator expected error

It is erroring for : binary operator expected on the if line. Any suggestions? Thanks in advence. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: apps_user
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

executing script by cron doesnt give me expected result

Hi frnds... I m facing very irritating problem already waisted my 2 days.. I have a following script..( i am pasting only the main code) ftp -ivn 213.194.40.77 <<FTP user $user $password binary cd $FileDir/out lcd $localpath get $file rename $FileDir/out/$file $FileDir/tmp/$file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clx
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Binary operator expected

Within my script, there is this following if, then statement. It basically looks for files in a directory that match a certain naming convention (bingofile*.DAT) and are non empty files and moves these files to a diff. directory. The script works okay if there is only one file matching the search... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: basisvasis
4 Replies

4. Linux

Binary operator expected

hi i'm trying to do program that counts the total no of words from files from a directory and all it's subdirectories.ang i get the binary operator expected error at line 7 and line 12.can you please help me with this as quick as possible? if test -d $1 then sum=0 for name in $1/* do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marian
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script error with binary operator expected.

Hello, I am not sure, where I am missing in the scirpt, I am trying to grep few users from /etc/passwd file and if exists, I added line to echo as user exist, if not create it. #!/bin/bash for vid in v707 z307 z496 z163 z292 ; do if then echo " $vid User exists " else ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help - binary operator expected error

Hello Unix forum. I'm encountering the following error "binary operator expected error" and I cannot seem to solve the issue. I have the following source files to process: CPA_LOOKUP_dat.lst PROFILE_TXN__dat.lst TRANSACTION_CODE_dat.lst PROFILE_TXN_OUT_OF_BALANCE_dat.lst ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Binary operator expected Error

Here is line number 59 of my script 59 if ; thenI get the following error at this line. Can you please explain why ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies

8. AIX

Script is not executing as expected when I schedule it in cron

Hi, I have a shell script which fetches the MRP status and the LAG status. When I execute it manually like, sh <script_name>, it fetches the output as expected, but when I schedule through crontab, it's not working as expected. Any help would be really appreciated. Here is the code... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagaraj R
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Binary operator expected

Hi Team, I just started to learn shell scripting and i got this script from an online book and tried to run in my terminal. But it throws error message. echo $0 -bash echo $UID 501 cat check_rootuser.sh #!/bin/bash # Run as root, of course. LOG_DIR=/var/log ROOT_UID=0 # Only users... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SelvaKumarq
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional binary operator expected Error

Hi, Below is my code where i m trying to grep for name>$servername in manages*.tmp files servername="serv1" set manages*.tmp if ; then However, i get the below error at the if condition: Can you please suggest how can i fix the problem. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies
alert(3alleg4)                                                    Allegro manual                                                    alert(3alleg4)

NAME
alert - Displays a popup alert box. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> int alert(const char *s1, *s2, *s3, const char *b1, *b2, int c1, c2); DESCRIPTION
Displays a popup alert box, containing three lines of text (s1-s3), and with either one or two buttons. The text for these buttons is passed in `b1' and `b2' (`b2' may be NULL), and the keyboard shortcuts in `c1' and `c2' as ASCII value. Example: if (!exists(CONFIG_FILE)) alert(CONFIG_FILE, "not found.", "Using defaults.", "&Continue", NULL, 'c', 0); RETURN VALUE
Returns 1 or 2 depending on which button was clicked. If the alert is dismissed by pressing ESC when ESC is not one of the keyboard short- cuts, it treats it as a click on the second button (this is consistent with the common "Ok", "Cancel" alert). SEE ALSO
alert3(3alleg4), gui_fg_color(3alleg4), exgui(3alleg4), expackf(3alleg4), exspline(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 alert(3alleg4)