Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat How to send mail with multiple attachments? Post 302794233 by vamshigvk475 on Monday 15th of April 2013 12:57:51 PM
Old 04-15-2013
RedHat How to send mail with multiple attachments?

We don't have uuencode installed in our machines..... Please tell me how to send mail with multiple attachments ??? URGENT !!!!!

Please tell me using command line (or) scripts..........
please......

Thanks in Advance....

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send mail with attachments automatically in a interval period

hai everyone I want to send mail with attachments automatically for every 15 minutes getting different E-mail IDs from a file if any script is available , Please send to me .. This will be very useful for my project.... Thanks for your time..... Felix ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leo Felix
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help ! How to get elm to send multiple attachments - in batch mode

From a program, I want to execute a UNIX elm command that will send multiple txt attachment files to an email address. I can do it for one attachment only ie. "elm -s"subject" emailaddress < attachment.txt" 1. The attachment is received in the body of the email and not as an attachment. 2. The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anarvan
1 Replies

3. AIX

Send mail attachments and have a mail body

Hi, How can I send mail attachments from shell script (AIX) and have a mail body as well ? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shibajighosh
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

send attachments using send mail in Solaris

Hi All, I have a requirement to send and email of body html with an attachment. concatinating uuencode output to the mail body with mailx command works, but as my Email body is of HTML type i use sendmail. my command to send HTML body is as below: export MAILTO="recipient@domain.com"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohan_kumarcs
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

e-mail with multiple binary attachments!

Hi, I have to send email from UNIX with multiple excel attachments and the sender name needs to be customized (sender name need not to be UNIX user). I have checked many ways from this forum and other sources. But, nothing did work for me. Please help me! thanks, Raja. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smr_rashmy
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to send multiple attachments using uuencode and mailx

Hi, I am seeing some junk characters when I attach the second file, given below is the logic I used. Please help me resolving the issue. ( uuencode file1.txt file1.txt.lst && uuencode file2.txt file2.txt.lst ) > attachment.txt cat body.txt attachment.txt > combinemail.txt mailx -m... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasperl
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send email with multiple attachments ?

Hello , I am trying to send an email with two attachments . I have tried all previous suggestion in this forum but none worked. I could send one attachment in an email by uuencode $file "$file" | mailx -m -s "File" xxx@xx.com but unable to send multiple attachments . I have tried ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RaviTej
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to send mail with attachments in hpux server?

I am trying to send a mail alongwith attachments in hpux server. Its not throwing any error but it seems the command is still running,neither its sending the mail. The commands i am using is- uuencode 00PZ00000012OHJMA2.csv | mailx -s "Hello" abc@hp.com uuencode Shell_Script_Sample.ksh |... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saga20
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mail command --> send multiple attachments

Hi, i try to send two (multiple) files by the mail-console-command mail -s TEST -a f1.pdf f2.pdf n.ame@ms123.de but it doesn't work. can someone give me a hint? Thanks in advance, IMPe (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMPe
2 Replies
uuencode(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						       uuencode(4)

NAME
uuencode - format of an encoded uuencode file DESCRIPTION
Files output by consist of a header line followed by a number of body lines, and a trailer line. The command ignores any lines preceding the header or following the trailer (see uuencode(1)). Lines preceding a header must not look like a header. The header line consists of the word followed by a space, a mode (in octal), another space, and a string which specifies the name of the remote file. The body consists of a number of lines, each containing 62 or fewer characters (including trailing new-line). These lines consist of a character count, followed by encoded characters, followed by a newline. The character count is a single printing character, which represents an integer. This integer is the number of bytes in the rest of the line, and always ranges from 0 to 63. The byte count can be determined by subtracting the equivalent octal value of an ASCII space charac- ter (octal 40) from the character. Groups of 3 bytes are stored in 4 characters, 6 bits per character. All are offset by a space to make the characters printable. The last line may be shorter than the normal 45 bytes. If the size is not a multiple of 3, this fact can be determined by the value of the count on the last line. Extra meaningless data will be included, if necessary, to make the character count a multiple of 4. The body is terminated by a line with a count of zero. This line consists of one ASCII space. The trailer line consists of the word on a line by itself. SEE ALSO
mail(1), uuencode(1), uucp(1). uuencode(4)