Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Look-up USB mounting point
Top Forums Programming Look-up USB mounting point Post 302794229 by Corona688 on Monday 15th of April 2013 12:56:29 PM
Old 04-15-2013
mount will tell you mountpoints.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mounting USB

Hi I was trying to mount my USB flashdrive on solaris 10 and I am getting the message saying that (I have already gone through the previous blogs in the forum) mount: Block device required. I have tried most of the possible ways. #rmformat(gives me the necessary information about my flash... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akhil1460
1 Replies

2. Linux

mounting usb device

Hi Folks, I want to know how to mount usb device (cd,dvd etc) in linux, Regards, Manoj (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
4 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Mounting a USB device with a predetermined name

When I attach a USB storage device to my Solaris server, the mount point is coming up as /rmdisk/unnamed_rmdisk Is there anyway I can have this device come up as a mounted device with a predetermined mount name eg /morespace rather than unnamed_rmdisk ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mounting a USB device with a persistent name

When I attach a USB storage device to my Solaris server, the mount point is coming up as /rmdisk/unnamed_rmdisk Is there anyway I can have this device come up as a mounted device with a predetermined mount name eg /morespace rather than unnamed_rmdisk ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
2 Replies

5. Solaris

mounting usb drive

hi, first of all, i would really like to know how to find out where my usb is in the system. if i "cd to /dev/usb i have a hub0 to hub4 and hid0 -- hid5 .. how do i know where my usb is? and i guess once i find out which one my usb is at, i can do something like "mount /dev/usb/xxx /tmp" ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: k2k
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with mounting my USB

My previous post seems to be erased and I didn't get any help. I'm logged as root now but no mounting command seems to work, I've tried: Mount -t vfat /dev/sdc1 /mnt/USB Changing "sdc1" for hda1-7, and sdc1-7, and still nothing. Sometimes i get: "special device not found" and others "device... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dax01
4 Replies

7. BSD

Mounting a USB stick in FreeBSD

When mounting a USB stick or pen drive on a FreeBSD machine I always issue the following command: mount -t msdosfs /dev/da0s1 /mnt Something I have always wondered is what the option msdosfs stands for and more importantly, why it is necessary. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Mounting USB HD

I am very new to Solaris. The machine I am working with is running Solaris 10. I have a 1.5 TB hard drive plugged into a USB dock plugged into the Solaris machine. I ran 'cfgadm -al' and can see that the usb0/1 is usb-storage that was not there before. How do i mount this drive and format... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcdef
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What happen if we delete the parent mounting point

Hi Friends I Have a question about mounting point This is a output of df -g I wanted to delete the first FS /dev/lvdb2inst1 which is mounted on /db2/db2ins1 http://i43.tinypic.com/35in6ts.jpg Here my question is, if we delete the first FS , are other two FS are unaccessble as all 3 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: atul9806
1 Replies
MOUNT.NFS(8)                                                  System Manager's Manual                                                 MOUNT.NFS(8)

NAME
mount.nfs, mount.nfs4 - mount a Network File System SYNOPSIS
mount.nfs remotetarget dir [-rvVwfnsh ] [-o options] DESCRIPTION
mount.nfs is a part of nfs(5) utilities package, which provides NFS client functionality. mount.nfs is meant to be used by the mount(8) command for mounting NFS shares. This subcommand, however, can also be used as a standalone command with limited functionality. remotetarget is a server share usually in the form of servername:/path/to/share. dir is the directory on which the file system is to be mounted. Under Linux 2.6.32 and later kernel versions, mount.nfs can mount all NFS file system versions. Under earlier Linux kernel versions, mount.nfs4 must be used for mounting NFSv4 file systems while mount.nfs must be used for NFSv3 and v2. OPTIONS
-r Mount file system readonly. -v Be verbose. -V Print version. -w Mount file system read-write. -f Fake mount. Don't actually call the mount system call. -n Do not update /etc/mtab. By default, an entry is created in /etc/mtab for every mounted file system. Use this option to skip making an entry. -s Tolerate sloppy mount options rather than fail. -h Print help message. nfsoptions Refer to nfs(5) or mount(8) manual pages. NOTE
For further information please refer nfs(5) and mount(8) manual pages. FILES
/etc/fstab file system table /etc/mtab table of mounted file systems SEE ALSO
nfs(5), mount(8), AUTHOR
Amit Gud <agud@redhat.com> 5 Jun 2006 MOUNT.NFS(8)