Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting BASH script to parse XML and generate CSV Post 302794201 by Yoda on Monday 15th of April 2013 12:12:05 PM
Old 04-15-2013
You can use awk to extract required attributes and values.

Here is a code that extracts the first 3 required fields:
Code:
awk -F'[=>]' ' {
                for ( i = 1; i <= NF; i++ )
                {
                        if ( $i ~ /dateTime/ )
                        {
                                dT = $( i + 1 )
                                gsub (/\"[ ]+.*|\"/, X, dT)
                        }
                        if ( $i ~ /SOATransactionID/ )
                        {
                                SID = $( i + 1 )
                                gsub (/\">.*|\"/, X, SID)
                        }
                        if ( $i ~ /<xml:tariffCode/ )
                        {
                                tC = $( i + 1 )
                                gsub (/<.*/, X, tC)
                        }
                }
} END {
        print dT, SID, tC
} ' OFS=, xmlfile

I will leave it to you for extracting the rest.
This User Gave Thanks to Yoda For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

generate xml from a shell script

Hello! I would like to generate an xml file from the output of various commands generated from within a shell script (some will be in CDATA). At the moment the only solution I have come up with is echoing xml tags around the commands eg. echo "<bitism>" >> outputfile /usr/sbin/prtconf... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: speedieB
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse XML file into CSV with shell?

Hi, It's been a few years since college when I did stuff like this all the time. Can someone help me figure out how to best tackle this problem? I need to parse a file full of entries that look like this: <eq action="A" sectyType="0" symbol="PGR" exch="CA" curr="VEF" sess="NORM"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pcushing
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing issue while using xsltproc tp parse XML in bash

I have written a bash script which opens a folder, reads all the *.xml files in it, and pulls the required data that i need from XML tags. I am using xsltproc (my xsl name) (my xml folder location/*.xml) and running this in a for each loop The problem is that some XML files are having special... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivashankar.g
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to Parse XML from bash script

I am completely new to bash scripting and now need to write a bash script that would parse a XML file and take out values from specific tags. I tried using xsltproc, xml_grep commands. But the issue is that the XML i am trying to parse is not UTF 8. so those commands are unable to parse my XML's... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivashankar.g
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read and parse the content of csv file containing # as delimeter into fields using Bash?

#!/bin/bash i=0 cat 1.csv | while read fileline do echo "$fileline" IFS="#" flds=( $fileline ) nrofflds=${#flds} echo "noof fields$nrofflds" fld=0 while do echo "noof counter$fld" echo "$nrofflds" #fld1="${flds}" trying to store the content of line to fields but i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: barani75
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to generate csv file

Hello; I need to generate a csv file that contains a list of all the files in a particular server (from the root directory ie: \) that have a permission stamp of 777. I would like to create the csv so that it contains the following: server name, file name, full path name where file exists,... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvolpini
17 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract and parse XML data (statistic value) to csv

Hi All, I need to parse some statistic data from the "measInfo" -eg. 25250000 (as highlighted) and return the result into line by line, and erasing all other unnecessary info/tag. Thought of starting with grep "measInfoID="25250000" but this only returns 1 line. How do I get all the output... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackma
8 Replies

8. Programming

How to write a java program that will parse through an XML file and generate a report?

I'm pretty new to Java and I am trying to write a program that will pick up a file from a windows directory adn parse through the XML file to produce a report that will show a total item count and a total paid amount. Any one have any suggestions? Trying to figure out where to start... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: risarose87
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to generate csv file

Dears, I am new in shell world and I need your help in this, I have to create a report based on the output file generated by another program. I want to write a shell script for this. The output file generated every 15 minutes but i can’t open it until the end of day so the script will get the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdul2020
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to generate .csv file

Dears,I need your help in this, I have to create a report based on the output file generated by another program. I want to write a shell script for this. The output file generated every 15 minutes but i can’t open it until the end of day so the script will get the file as an input the file will be... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdul2020
8 Replies
XML::LibXML::NodeList::Iterator(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		      XML::LibXML::NodeList::Iterator(3pm)

NAME
XML::LibXML::NodeList::Iterator - Iteration Class for XML::LibXML XPath results SYNOPSIS
use XML::LibXML; use XML::LibXML::NodeList::Iterator; my $doc = XML::LibXML->new->parse_string( $somedata ); my $nodelist = $doc->findnodes( $somexpathquery ); my $iter= XML::LibXML::NodeList::Iterator->new( $nodelist ); # more control on the flow while ( $iter->nextNode ) { # do something } # operate on the entire tree $iter->iterate( &operate ); DESCRIPTION
XML::LibXML::NodeList::Iterator is very similar to XML::LibXML::Iterator, but it does not iterate on the tree structure but on a XML::LibXML::NodeList object. Because XML::LibXML::NodeList is basicly an array the functionality of XML::LibXML::NodeList::Iterator is more restircted to stepwise foreward and backward than XML::LibXML::Iterator is. SEE ALSO
XML::LibXML::NodeList, XML::NodeFilter, XML::LibXML::Iterator AUTHOR
Christian Glahn, <phish@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
(c) 2002-2007, Christian Glahn. All rights reserved. This package is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.0 2007-09-28 XML::LibXML::NodeList::Iterator(3pm)