Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Swap words using sed
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Swap words using sed Post 302794179 by PikK45 on Monday 15th of April 2013 11:00:50 AM
Old 04-15-2013
I guess the first one is easier. Are there any other separators other than <space> ?

Like in your second line, * : are also considered like that

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed [delete everything between two words]

Hi, I have the following codes below that aims to delete every words between two pattern word. Say I have the files To delete every word between WISH_LIST=" and " I used the below codes (but its not working): #!/bin/sh sed ' /WISH_LIST=\"/ { N /\n.*\"/ {... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Orbix
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

search two words in sed

I've following sed command working fine - sed '/search_pattern1/ !s/pattern1/pattern2/" file Now, I want to search two patterns - search_pattern1 and search_pattern2 . How can put these into above sed statement ? Thanks in advance. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajitkumar2
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

swap words in a line with sed

Hello. There is something I can not manage : I want to swap the first word with the third one in every line. No file is given the input is read from the keyboard. I know I have to use sed, but it seems this is too complicated for me. Could you help me please ? Thanks, atticus (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: atticus
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed append words

Hi all, I have a file like one two three for five six seven eight ..... Actually i need to append a label to the words that belong to the 2 column and get: one two_label three for five six_label seven eight .... I was trying with sed inside vim but I can't figure out... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Swap lines using sed

Hi, I have to swap two consecutive line using sed in a file. My text to swap is available in the file x.pl #Create & map a common work library if (!(-e "../work")) { system ("vlib work ../work"); system ("vmap work ../work"); } system ("vsimsa -do thiagu_dec.do"); In this i... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: adharmalingam
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED - delete words between two possible words

Hi all, I want to make an script using sed that removes everything between 'begin' (including the line that has it) and 'end1' or 'end2', not removing this line. Let me paste an 2 examples: anything before any string begin few lines of content end1 anything after anything before any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: meuser
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data b/w two words using sed

Hi, I want to extract data b/w two words with the help of sed.. Eg: In "Anna said that she would fetch the bucket", I want to display data b/w "Anna" and "would" O/P: said that she I have tried with below code, but unable to get desired o/p echo "Anna said that she would fetch the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: divya bandipotu
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed swap lines

Hi, I think it is possible with sed, but I'm not sure... I've a file that contains some text and filenames: gtk-media-pause | CB60471-05 - Gilbert, Brantley - Country Must Be Country Wide.zip | 8175 | /home/floris/Muziek/Karaoke/1341838939/CB60471-05 - Gilbert, Brantley - Country Must Be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkfloris
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reverse words with sed

Hi guys, I'm wondering what the best way would be to reverse words in a string based on certain characters. For example: echo Word1Word2Word3Word4 | sed ' /\n/ !G s/\(Word.\)\(.*\n\)/&\2\1/ //D ' This returns: Word4Word3Word2Word1 I'm no sed expert but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subbeh
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to swap to words in a file?

Hi, I have a file with certain lines in it. i want to swap every occurance of word A with B and every occurrance of word B with A. Example file.txt Unix is a great OS. Linux support graphical user intrface. unix and linux are both same. Output file.txt Linux is a great OS. Unix... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
5 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)