Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How i can send a mail from outlook to an UNIX server? Post 302794173 by Pateltiger on Monday 15th of April 2013 10:31:29 AM
Old 04-15-2013
1. Save your file to C: from outlook.
2. Open Command Prompt and c:.
3. ftp <unix server>
4. login in
5. put <filename> OR if multiple files
$ mput (and reply y for those files you want)
6. check if it will place the files on $home.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can not send mail from unix server to company/yahoo mail

hi, Gurus, I need some help with sending mail out from my UNIX server: It is running Solaris 2.6 and the sendmail version is 8.8. Output of :/usr/lib/sendmail -d0.1 -bt < /dev/null Version 8.8.8+Sun Compiled with: LOG MATCHGECOS MIME7TO8 MIME8TO7 NAMED_BIND NDBM NETINET ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: b5fnpct
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix IMAP e-mail via Outlook showing +10 hours

Multiple users at my work are connecting to a UNIX IMAP e- mail server via Outlook 2003 that is creating a small problem. Random new e-mails repeat themselves up to 3 times with an additional 10 hours added to them of when the original arrived. i.e Original e-mail marked arrived at 10:00am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arkady
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using mailx to send a log file to my outlook e-mail account

I like to use mailx -s to send an entire xxxxx.log to my outlook e-mail account. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: simt
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX mail to Outlook 2003

I'm trying to move a users multiple folders (archieved email) from a Solaris UNIX system to Outlook 2003. The user accesses the mail via ELM and folder are kept on his home drive, not under /var/mail. I was told I can use either IMAP and/or POP3 to connect to the UNIX server from outlook and just... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rpennell
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

need to configure mail setting to send mail to outlook mail server

i have sun machines having solaris 9 & 10 OS . Now i need to send mail from the machines to my outlook account . I have the ip adress of OUTLOOK mail server. Now what are the setting i need to do in solaris machines so that i can use mailx or sendmail. actually i am trying to automate the high... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitranjansahu
2 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Outlook Mail Rule issue- not reaching the unix server

Hi All, I' m having a pretty strange issue, when I sent an outlook email that is forwarded by rule for example (email sent every day at certain time) to the server is not going through, i cant see it arriving at the Maildir or i have also a procmail rule log that also not reaching... could... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Skyline88
0 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Send email from outlook to server

Hi, I am sending an email from Microsoft Outlook 2010 (microsoft exchange) to a unix server. I am not receiving the email in server but I am getting the following error in outlook. Your message: From: x@y.com Subject: Could not be delivered because the domain name was... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neethu
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can I send a mail from my outlook or other mail accounts to UNIX server?

Hi all, I want to send a mail for my business needs from outlook account to an unix server (HP-UX) but I don't send any mail. While I can send from the unix server to my outlook account, I can't send from outlook to unix. How can I achieve this ? How can I send a mail from my outlook or other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: igelegin
2 Replies

9. Linux

Send mail to outlook

Hello Guys, I have a requirement to send an email to outlook from unix script. I have used the below stuff to send an email and it worked on machine A but not on machine B. Please find their versions. Machine A ) Linux xxx 2.4.9-e.40enterprise #1 SMP Thu Apr 8 16:43:01 EDT 2004 i686 unknown... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srikanthbiradar
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX mail Format issue : Outlook 2007 and 2013

Hi, I prepare one backup report which drop mail with backup report. Same report looks different in outlook 2013. e.g : In outlook 2013 ( its a dummy example only ) : Server Instance Database Backup Time Status ------------------- --------- --------- -------------- ----------------------... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: niteshtheone
5 Replies
mhmail(1)						      General Commands Manual							 mhmail(1)

NAME
mhmail - send or read mail (only available within the message handling system, mh) SYNOPSIS
mhmail [addrs...] [options] OPTIONS
Specifies the text of the message. If it is specified, then the standard input is not read. Specifies addresses to be placed in the cc: field of the message. Specifies the content of the From: header of the draft. The address given is placed in the From: field of the mes- sage. The Sender: field is filled in correctly by post. Prints a list of the valid options for this command. Specifies the mail system over which mail is sent. The only value allowed is smtp, which is the standard mail system. Additional values are supported only for use with other mail systems. Provides the text of the Subject: field of the message. DESCRIPTION
The mhmail program is intended as a replacement for the standard mail programs, bellmail and ucbmail. See binmail(1) and mail(1) for more details of these mail programs. When invoked without arguments, it simply invokes inc to incorporate new messages from the user's maildrop. When one or more users is specified, a message is read from the standard input and spooled to a temporary file. The mhmail program then invokes post with the name of the temporary file as its argument to deliver the message to the specified user. Normally, people will use comp and send to send messages. RESTRICTIONS
Messages with a null body part will not be sent by mhmail. You must include some body text in all messages to be sent by mhmail. For this version, the -mts option only supports the value smtp. Additional values are supported for use only with other mail systems. FILES
Program to incorporate a maildrop into a folder. Program to deliver a message. Temporary copy of message. SEE ALSO
inc(1), post(8) mhmail(1)