Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Binary Operator expected while executing the below shell script. Post 302794109 by Don Cragun on Monday 15th of April 2013 07:11:06 AM
Old 04-15-2013
I don't have a database to test with, but at least one problem in your script is that in the command:
Code:
if [ $status >= 80 ]; then

the >= performs a string comparison (where 9 > 80 and 100 < 80 and 1 < 80). To perform a numeric comparison, try:
Code:
if [ $status -ge 80 ]; then

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

binary operator expected error

It is erroring for : binary operator expected on the if line. Any suggestions? Thanks in advence. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: apps_user
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

executing script by cron doesnt give me expected result

Hi frnds... I m facing very irritating problem already waisted my 2 days.. I have a following script..( i am pasting only the main code) ftp -ivn 213.194.40.77 <<FTP user $user $password binary cd $FileDir/out lcd $localpath get $file rename $FileDir/out/$file $FileDir/tmp/$file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clx
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Binary operator expected

Within my script, there is this following if, then statement. It basically looks for files in a directory that match a certain naming convention (bingofile*.DAT) and are non empty files and moves these files to a diff. directory. The script works okay if there is only one file matching the search... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: basisvasis
4 Replies

4. Linux

Binary operator expected

hi i'm trying to do program that counts the total no of words from files from a directory and all it's subdirectories.ang i get the binary operator expected error at line 7 and line 12.can you please help me with this as quick as possible? if test -d $1 then sum=0 for name in $1/* do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marian
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script error with binary operator expected.

Hello, I am not sure, where I am missing in the scirpt, I am trying to grep few users from /etc/passwd file and if exists, I added line to echo as user exist, if not create it. #!/bin/bash for vid in v707 z307 z496 z163 z292 ; do if then echo " $vid User exists " else ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help - binary operator expected error

Hello Unix forum. I'm encountering the following error "binary operator expected error" and I cannot seem to solve the issue. I have the following source files to process: CPA_LOOKUP_dat.lst PROFILE_TXN__dat.lst TRANSACTION_CODE_dat.lst PROFILE_TXN_OUT_OF_BALANCE_dat.lst ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Binary operator expected Error

Here is line number 59 of my script 59 if ; thenI get the following error at this line. Can you please explain why ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies

8. AIX

Script is not executing as expected when I schedule it in cron

Hi, I have a shell script which fetches the MRP status and the LAG status. When I execute it manually like, sh <script_name>, it fetches the output as expected, but when I schedule through crontab, it's not working as expected. Any help would be really appreciated. Here is the code... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagaraj R
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Binary operator expected

Hi Team, I just started to learn shell scripting and i got this script from an online book and tried to run in my terminal. But it throws error message. echo $0 -bash echo $UID 501 cat check_rootuser.sh #!/bin/bash # Run as root, of course. LOG_DIR=/var/log ROOT_UID=0 # Only users... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SelvaKumarq
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional binary operator expected Error

Hi, Below is my code where i m trying to grep for name>$servername in manages*.tmp files servername="serv1" set manages*.tmp if ; then However, i get the below error at the if condition: Can you please suggest how can i fix the problem. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::Script(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				Locale::Codes::Script(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $script = code2script('phnx','alpha'); $script = code2script('phnx',LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::Script(3pm)