Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Read a file, add some text and send an email Post 302793653 by hanson44 on Friday 12th of April 2013 11:23:32 PM
Old 04-13-2013
Quote:
the text inside the while loop comes up in a single line.
But if i seperate it out it comes as I have mentioned in
the expected output .
Could you clarify how you want the output (the mail message) not to be a single line?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to send a file in email

a file is created on a daily basis in the name xyz_pqr_20071207.dat.i want to send the file as an attachment if the file contains more than 50 records.how can i write a script such that it will transmit the file after the file is created.i want to sed the file to say asdf@xyz.com. please help me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr46014
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send email attachment as read only in Linux

Hi, Could anyone help me to find soultion for the issue to send email attachment as read only. I can change the file permission in Linux and can send the email attachment from Linux. But my requirment is user can read the attachment but should not modified it . even user save the attachment... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: calagar
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send email after comparing the folder permissions to a certain permission & send email

Hello , I am trying to write a unix shell script to compare folder permission to say drwxr-x-wx and then send an email to my id in case the folders don't have the drwxr-x-wx permissions set for them . I have been trying to come up with a script for few days now , pls help me:( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nairshar
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read specific line of text from a Script and send email notification

Hi ! I am a newbie and never officially wrote a shell script before. The requirement for this script is : 1) Read a file called 'bpm.log' and identify if it has a specific text such as 'this is the text'. Its a static value and that is the only text we need to read. 2) If that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: atechcorp
2 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

How can you send a file over Ip.NOT EMAIL

So I was just wondering... Is there a way to send a file directly to the computer..... Ive never gotten the answer and I want to know how, I keep running in to a wall :wall:. Why you may ask, well really for security reasons due to the fact that if this is done via a port I want to make sure to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: orszhak
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to read file size and send email only if size > 0.

Hi Experts, I have a script like $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus username/password # << ENDSQL set pagesize 0 trim on feedback off verify off echo off newp none timing off set serveroutput on set heading off spool Schemaerrtmp.txt select ' TIMESTAMP COMPUTER NAME ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: welldone
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

send an email from batch file

My batch files run every day, it moves files from servers to my local computer, can I have a confirmation email sent to me from this batch file saying if the job failed or successes? Thank you for your help! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: idiazza
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read file and send email

I have a file like this. I need to ues this file to send emails to the appropriate ID/group. For instance in the first line - Subject should be --> "A1.csv - ABC" - Body should be --> File A1.csv has changed. - Email should be sent to A1@xyz.com,A3@xyz.com Lookup.csv: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vskr72
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Merge Text with space into once cell and send email out

Please help!! This code works perfect but the only problem I am having is that is treats eg SQL Developer as separate cell/column which makes the formatting bad. I want to put SQL Developer in one cell. I attached a sample of how the output looks like. report.txt USERNAME OSUSER ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lpoolfc
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell Script to read hive table and send email

HI Team, I am working on reading hive table and send email in email body using shell script, can you please help on fixing the errors: I have 6 columns in my hive table and trying to send the email in the mail body. below script: #!/bin/bash hive -e 'SELECT count(*) from db.table' >... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mi4304
4 Replies
pygm2n(1)						    Python Gateway mail to news 						 pygm2n(1)

NAME
pygm2n - Python Gateway mail to news SYNOPSIS
pygm2n -n newsgroups [ -s newsserver ] [ -h ] DESCRIPTION
IMPORTANT: this man page is to be continued. The Whole pyg gateway is in devel. state. try -h option for more detailed option. pygm2n reads from stdin an email, sending it to newsgroups, a comma separated list without spaces of newsgroup names (at least one), rfc799 compliant. If pygm2n reads from stdin a sigle line starting with /, it is considered an absolute path to a single-email mailbox, so pygm2n will open and read it. Note that now pyg can't read a real mailbox, with many emails. If you give it in input, pyg will post the whole mailbox as a single email. EXAMPLES
There is some documetation in /urs/share/doc/pyg I created mailgate user (moderator of local.moderated ng). Subscribe to a list with this user (or simply email one message to). Every email posted to this user will send to newsgroups, in its .procmailrc I've put something like: :0 bh * ^From *mailinglist-request@lists.debian.org | $HOME/pygm2n -n local.debian.mailinglist AUTHORS
Cosimo Alfarano <alfarano@students.cs.unibo.it> BUGS
Boh. send any bug, advice or opinion to the author, please. Sun Sep 12 18:10:00 CEST 2000 pygm2n(1)