Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Make_recovery HP-UX 10.20
Operating Systems HP-UX Make_recovery HP-UX 10.20 Post 302793353 by Newnix on Friday 12th of April 2013 06:14:42 AM
Old 04-12-2013
Hi,

Thanks a mil for all the help, the project was put on hold, and I will try again once it's back online.

In the meanwhile, I've loaded a new box on unix(HP-UX 10.20). I've used the my backup to restore it. However, a third party product, called SMOC, doesn't start up, and complains that the scheduler (smocsched) needs to be running.

Unfortunately, I don't know the command to start this, please help.
My attempt below:

Code:

# cd users/axm
# ls
.Autost         .exrc           runsmoc         smocsched.lock
.cshrc          .login          smoc_sched.mbx  startsched
.environ        .profile        smocsched
# smocsched
sh: smocsched:  not found.
# run smocsched
sh: run:  not found.
# start smocsched
sh: start:  not found.
#

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

aix mksysb , hpux make_recovery sun?

hi, for aix and hpux, we have both mksysb and make_recovery for restoring to the former state after it was crashed. is there any equivalent to sun? any pointers will be appreciated. thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
8 Replies

2. HP-UX

HPUX make_recovery

I'm attempting to do a make_recovery on my HPUX box. My question revolves around the number of device files I have for my tape drive and what each one is intending for and which I should use. Some examples of my devices include 1m, 1mb, 1mnb, 2m, 2mb, 2mn, 2mnb, C1t0d0best, C1t0d0dds, &... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gonzotonka
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

Problems restoring Ignite make_recovery DAT backups

Can anyone help with an HP Ignite problem please !! We currently have 2 servers running HP-UX B.11.00 connected together and using a high availability cluster (serviceguard) running one package. Each of the servers have 2 mirrored local disks. (also installed HP OpenviewDM B.05.03, Oracle 8.0.5,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: clivethegadget
7 Replies

4. HP-UX

Make_Recovery Question Urgent Plse Respond

I have a make_recovery tape, if I restore the VG00 volume group using this, will my other volume groups still be ok after the restore(I have 7 data volume groups) I used make_recovery -A to create the tape I have a HP9000 HP-UX 11 An internal disk is failing, the other volume groups are on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rees_a
3 Replies
OPENVT(1)							     Linux 1.x								 OPENVT(1)

NAME
openvt - start a program on a new virtual terminal (VT). SYNOPSIS
openvt [-c vtnumber] [-s] [-u] [-l] [-v] [--] command command_options DESCRIPTION
openvt will find the first available VT, and run on it the given command with the given command options, standard input, output and error are directed to that terminal. The current search path ($PATH) is used to find the requested command. If no command is specified then the environment variable $SHELL is used. OPTIONS -c vtnumber Use the given VT number and not the first available. Note you must have write access to the supplied VT for this to work. -f Force opening a VT without checking whether it is already in use. -e Directly execute the given command, without forking. This option is meant for use in /etc/inittab. If you want to use this feature in another context, be aware that openvt has to be a session leader in order for -e to work. See setsid(2) or setsid(1) on how to achieve this. -s Switch to the new VT when starting the command. The VT of the new command will be made the new current VT. -u Figure out the owner of the current VT, and run login as that user. Suitable to be called by init. Shouldn't be used with -c or -l. -l Make the command a login shell. A - is prepended to the name of the command to be executed. -v Be a bit more verbose. -w wait for command to complete. If -w and -s are used together then openvt will switch back to the controlling terminal when the com- mand completes. -- end of options to openvt. NOTE
If openvt is compiled with a POSIX (GNU) getopt() and you wish to set options to the command to be run, then you must supply the end of options -- flag before the command. EXAMPLES
openvt can be used to start a shell on the next free VT, by using the command: openvt bash To start the shell as a login shell, use: openvt -l bash To get a long listing you must supply the -- separator: openvt -- ls -l HISTORY
Earlier, openvt was called open. It was written by Jon Tombs <jon@gtex02.us.es or jon@robots.ox.ac.uk>. The -w idea is from "sam". SEE ALSO
chvt(1), doshell(8), login(1) 19 Jul 1996 V1.4 OPENVT(1)