Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX PowerHA(HACMP) full vg loss - cluster hangs on release_vg_fs event Post 302793077 by MichaelFelt on Thursday 11th of April 2013 04:02:15 PM
Old 04-11-2013
If it is doing unmount -f, and that is not completing - I would need a trace to see what is (not) happening.

I would open a PMR to get official support statement on if/when unmount -f, by design, may hang.

I am assuming that you have tried an additional unmount -f. Have you also tried a varyoffvg -f?

What does lsvg say? I am assuming with the diskhb network you are also using enhanced concurrent volume groups. Which one says "active?" - what do the systems that can see the disk say? What happens when SAN connectivity is restored?

(p.s. will be traveling for work soon, this will delay further comments)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Duplicate IP address makes PowerHA ( HACMP ) down

Hello, I would like to know if anyone has faced this problem. Whenever there is a duplicate IP address, HACMP goes down infact HACMP ( PowerHA ) takes the whole system down. Does anyone know how to solve this problem ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris Cluster Install Hangs

Greetings Forumers! I tried installing Solaris Cluster 3.3 today. I should say I tried configuring the Cluster today. The software is already installed on two systems. I am trying to configure a shared filesystem between two 6320 Blades. I selected the "Custom" install because the "Typical"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
2 Replies

3. AIX

MQ upgrade(ver.6to7) in a HACMP cluster

Hi What is the procedure to upgrade the MQ from 6 to 7 in aix hacmp cluster. Do i need to bring down the cluster services running in both the nodes and then give #smitty installp in both the nodes separately. Please assist... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
0 Replies

4. AIX

Should GPFS be configured before/after configuring HACMP for 2 node Cluster?

Hi, I have a IBM Power series machine that has 2 VIOs and hosting 20 LPARS. I have two LPARs on which GPFS is configured (4-5 disks) Now these two LPARs need to be configured for HACMP (PowerHA) as well. What is recommended? Is it possible that HACMP can be done on this config or do i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixromeo
1 Replies

5. AIX

Interoperability Oracle Clusterware - PowerHA/HACMP

I am planning for building a new database server using AIX 6.1 and Oracle 11.2 using ASM. As i have learned starting with Oracle 11.2 ASM can only be used in conjunction with Clusterware, which is Oracles HA-software. As is the companies policy we do intend to use PowerHA as HA-solution instead... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bakunin
1 Replies

6. AIX

PowerHA HACMP on VIOS servers

Few questions regarding Power HA ( previously known as HACMP) and VIOS POWERVM IVM ( IBM Virtualization I/O Server ) Is it possible to create HACMP cluster between two VIOS servers Physical Machine_1 VIOS_SERVER_1 LPAR_1 SHARED_DISK_XX VIOS_SERVER_2 Physical Machine_2 LPAR_2... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
6 Replies

7. AIX

[Howto] Update AIX in HACMP cluster-nodes

As i have updated a lot of HACMP-nodes lately the question arises how to do it with minimal downtime. Of course it is easily possible to have a downtime and do the version update during this. In the best of worlds you always get the downtime you need - unfortunately we have yet to find this best of... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

8. AIX

Re-cluster 2 HACMP 5.2 nodes

Hi, A customer I'm supporting once upon a time broke their 2 cluster node database servers so they could use the 2nd standby node for something else. Now sometime later they want to bring the 2nd node back into the cluster for resilance. Problem is there are now 3 VG's that have been set-up... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elcounto
1 Replies

9. AIX

Thoughts on HACMP: Automatic start of cluster services

Hi all, I remember way back in some old environment, having the HA cluster services not being started automatically at startup, ie. no entry in /etc/inittab. I remember reason was (taken a 2 node active/passive cluster), to avoid having a backup node being booted, so that it will not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaxxon
4 Replies

10. AIX

Clstat not working in a HACMP 7.1.3 cluster

I have troubles making clstat work. All the "usual suspects" have been covered but still no luck. The topology is a two-node active/passive with only one network-interface (it is a test-setup). The application running is SAP with DB/2 as database. We do not use SmartAssists or other gadgets. ... (8 Replies)
8 Replies
vxumount(1M)															      vxumount(1M)

NAME
vxumount - unmount a VxFS file system SYNOPSIS
{special|mount_point} DESCRIPTION
unmounts a currently mounted VxFS file system, which you can specify either as a mount_point or as special, the device on which the file system resides. Note: Only a privileged user can unmount file systems. Options recognizes the following option: Specifies the VxFS-specific options in a comma-separated list. The available argument is: Unmounts a VxFS file system even if it contains a busy file. If is not specified, does not unmount the file system if it contains a busy file. Programs that try to access files after a file system is forcibly unmounted receive an EIO error. Caution: Using the option can cause data loss for open files. Operands recognizes the following operands: mount_point Name of the mount point for a VxFS file system. special The device on which the file system resides. FILES
table of mounted file systems SEE ALSO
fsadm_vxfs(1M), mkfs_vxfs(1M), mount(1M), mount_vxfs(1M), setmnt(1M), fsync(2), setuid(2), fs_vxfs(4), mnttab(4), vxfsio(7). vxumount(1M)