Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Reading XML in bash and importing in Mysql Post 302793025 by RudiC on Thursday 11th of April 2013 02:20:37 PM
Old 04-11-2013
On top of what ahamed101 says, this
Code:
VALUES(NULL,'${FIRST_NAME}','${LAST_NAME}','${ADDRESS}','${TELEPHONE}','${EMAIL}');"

I don't expect to work, nor this
Code:
mysql . . .  < $QUERY

, at least with the assignment to QUERY that you did in the line before. Should you have intended to use "here strings", use <<<

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help reading XML file

If someone out there could help me out with this problem. I would really appreciate it. My requirement is :Read XML and put data in Test.txt file.Using Shell script(bourn) My xml file: <root> <header> <HeaderData1>header1</HeaderData1> <HeaderData2>header2</HeaderData2>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ram2s2001
0 Replies

2. Programming

importing xml: problem

I'm an absolute newbie for unix... For my work, I have to import a xml file in our system (jsp+sql) via putty telnet. Once i have copied the file in the right directory, I launch this command: ./thisImport -i input/thisImport/newimport.20071130.xml -l 10 -t this is a test (as you can see),... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tranky
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading only particular TAG from XML

Hi, I have an XML file with following structure. Between following tags I have pipedelimited records with newline characters (Data1|1|2|3) <!]> I need to read the data between above tags so that my output is a flat file with pipedelimited records. <BOS> <Header> <TTC>ABC</TTC> ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsrookie
9 Replies

4. Solaris

Mysql query reading a text file.

Hi, Is there any way that mysql query reads the content from a text file which has data in the below format: 1,2,3,4,5 and selects matched data from another table. ie I have a table named xyz which has same ids as in that file. I want this query to get count of the ids from xyz file by... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyothi_wipro
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

importing functions from an external bash script

Hi all, I'm trying to import some functions I have saved in a file named functions.sh into a different script (protocol.sh). Can anybody show me how to do this? I tried source functions.sh as I would do at the terminal but source command cannot be found from within the script protocol.sh. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tevang
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with passing XML variables to MySQL DB via PHP

Hi everybody, I need the help of the Unix community once again :) I have some code which queries an XML feed and displays the results for me. I would like to enter the XML output in to my database, but I am having trouble passing the variables while INSERTing. Here is my code that I need to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: o0110o
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Importing a path/file into a bash script

Hey, I'm new here. Basically, I'm trying to make a bash script that affects a file of my choice. What I want to do is $./script.sh /path/to/file.jpg and then the bash script will know that variable=/path/to/file.jpg Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TFB
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Importing env from csh to bash

Hi All, In my account with csh shell, there are lots of env variables set and I want to import those all to bash in one stroke, is there any way to do it ? Thanks, D (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Deei
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Large XML to MySQL - fast way

Hello, Sorry for my bad english. I need to improve performance in project managing large data, these data are exported to a MySql from XML. Now I use PHP (XMLReader ()) to do this job. I need a faster way to do this process. Which do you think is the best way? Example: (the item... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stendelis
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

XML reading and parsing! Please help

See test.xml file attached (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: JulioAmerica
7 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)