Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Inverted commas replace
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Inverted commas replace Post 302792995 by hanson44 on Thursday 11th of April 2013 01:05:17 PM
Old 04-11-2013
Code:
$ sed -r 's/(.*) (.*) "(.*)"/\1 \2 "\3_\1_\2"/' input
chr1 + "NM_1234_chr1_+"
chr1 - "NM_1234_chr1_-"

This User Gave Thanks to hanson44 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

difference between double inverted coma and single inverted comma

Whats the basic difference between double inverted comma and single inverted comma and no comma applied at all? Eg1 if Eg2 if iEg3 f (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhisekh_ban
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Inserting commas and replacing backslashes with commas

Hi, Newbie here. I have a file that consists of data that I want to convert to a csv file. For example: Jul 20 2008 1111 / visit home / BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLOC-1.1 VendorID/105 Jul 21 2008 22222 / add friend / BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kangaroo
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace one or more tabs with commas

Hi, Can any one tell me how to replace one or more tabs from start of the line and in between the words with commas in the file using unix commands? My actual data in the text file is as below with spaces.The spaces are not being shown in the post..please see them while replying to the post.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tucs_123
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing log files, removing spaces and replace with commas

Hello all i am working on a database to import log files from my systems, but i cannot seem to find the answer. I searched here for a good bit and couldnt peice together what i was looking for. I know you could do this with awk, i just dont know how. Any help would be greatly appreciated.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: caddyjoe77
6 Replies

5. Red Hat

Sometimes my xterm colors get inverted

I don't know exactly when or why, maybe running less or some command, my white text on a black background gets inverted and all the text looks like it is "selected", it is white background with black text. it is very annoying. I found this solution.;. export TERM=vt100 vi This... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: srhadden
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace but skip data between certain commas

OK, I am one needy dude. However, how can I make the program NOT change any of the values BETWEEN the first and second "," ? I dont want any of the numbers changed that are preceded by "AT". I want ALL other numeric values > 300 changed to 300. cat qin.csv |head... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: herot
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace field with commas with field without commas

Hey guys, I have the following text: 1,2,3,4,5,6,'NULL','when',NULL,1,2,0,'NULL' 1,2,3,4,5,6,'NULL','what','NULL',1,2,0,1 I need the same text with the word NULL without commas u know something like this: 1,2,3,4,5,6,NULL,'when',NULL,1,2,0,NULL 1,2,3,4,5,6,NULL,'what','NULL',1,2,0,1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lmyk72
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert Inverted Commas Around Numeric Values

Hi, I am trying to insert Inverted Commas around all the numeric values within a comma seperated string / variable. 1111,2222,3333,4444 I would like it to be: '1111','2222','3333','4444' Note - This string could have a differing amount of numeric values each time the variable is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RichZR
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace commas with newlines

Good afternoon, I am trying to read user input. Here is what I have so far: echo "Type the Container ID for every container that you want subnets exported" echo "for (with comma between each one, for example... 1,45,98)" echo -n "if you want every one listed, then just type ALL in caps... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brianjb
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP with AWK or SED. Need to replace the commas between double quotes in CSV file

Hello experts, I need to validate a csv file which contains data like this: Sample.csv "ABCD","I",23,0,9,,"23/12/2012","OK","Street,State, 91135",0 "ABCD","I",23,0,9,,"23/12/2012","OK","Street,State, 91135",0 I just need to check if all the records contain exactly the number of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shell_boy23
5 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)