Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting If condition and for loop within sed statement Post 302792791 by Shaishav Shah on Thursday 11th of April 2013 04:05:38 AM
Old 04-11-2013
No Actual file does not have tags like a,b,c...
Actual file has <PRE1>,<PRE2>,<PRE3>......
Also here i mean by single sed command is a one liner command. We can append as many -e,-n but want to complete it as a single liner.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Multiple Condition If statement

Hi, I would like to create an IF statement where if a variable is equal to at least one of 2 (or more) values then the script proceeds. For example: TEST_VAR=2 if ; then echo success! else echo failure fi I understand that the above syntax is wrong but I feel it must be close. Any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: msb65
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Condition statement in perl

#!/usr/bin/perl $output1 = "/home/log.txt" $output2 = "/home/grep.txt" #Statement1 creates an output file called log.txt. #Statement2 greps a line from log.txt and store the result in grep.txt I want to create a condition where if the file grep.txt is empty repeat process. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshcisco
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

An issue with condition statement in shell script

Hello forum members. please go through the below mentioned issue and let me know the right solution. I have to write a script which runs another script .the executable script take input parmeters.so iam writing the the script below . Sample Code:Begins #! /bin/ksh echo " enter... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkumar_g
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

if condition in a while loop

Gurus, I need to read a line from a file and strip the characters from it and compare the stripped value with the value I pass to the script while executing it. Below is the code for the same. But when i execute the code, it is throwing an error. #!/bin/ksh . /home/.i_env ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use of -z in while loop condition

Hi, Could you please tell what is the meaning of -z in while loop condition. For example, while ; do echo "*** Enter the age " readage (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidyaj
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

LINUX Multiple condition in IF Statement - Pls help

Hi All, I am trying to put multiple conditions in an IF Statement (using $$). the Linux script somehow doesnt like it. The logic I am trying to implement is as follows, 1. I will first search for DateFile.txt 2. If it exists & there is a P_BUS_DATE value in it, then assign the date value... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

While Loop with if else condition

Hi, I was trying to write a shell script which reads csv file and sends mail in html format along with tables. Hope i have completed 1st part , but while sending mail i was trying to highlight some rows in the table based on the egrep outcome. If the string exists in line/INPUT, i am trying to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: varmas424
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Two condition in if statement

Hi, I need to put two condition in if statement, but it is not working. Please suggest. if ---------- Post updated at 07:05 AM ---------- Previous update was at 06:55 AM ---------- Also when i put below command in script it is not running, but manually it is running ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

If statement with unmatched condition

Hi Gurus, I'm facing some issues with multiple conditions in my if statement. if (!($InputLine=~/^Date/)) && (!($fields eq "VEN")) { Above is the line troughing some syntax errors. I am trying to avoid the below creteria lines to process in my logic. Records starting with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hi.villinda
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Update statement into Insert statement in UNIX using awk, sed....

Hi folks, I have a scenario to convert the update statements into insert statements using shell script (awk, sed...) or in database using regex. I have a bunch of update statements with all columns in a file which I need to convert into insert statements. UPDATE TABLE_A SET COL1=1 WHERE... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev123
0 Replies
updaters(1M)															      updaters(1M)

NAME
updaters - configuration file for NIS updating SYNOPSIS
Remarks The Network Information Service (NIS) was formerly known as Yellow Pages (YP). The functionality of the two remains the same; only the name has changed. DESCRIPTION
is a makefile used for updating the Network Information Service (NIS) databases. Databases can be updated only if the network is secure, that is, only if there is a NIS database ( The default script will update only the map. An entry in the file is a make target for a particular NIS database. For example, if you wanted to add to this script, you would create a make target named passwd.byname with the command to update that database. See udpublickey(1M). The information necessary to make the update is passed to the update command through standard input. The information passed is described below. All items are followed by a NEW LINE except for Actual bytes of key and Actual bytes of data. Network name of client wishing to make the update (a string) Kind of update (an integer) Number of bytes in key (an integer) Actual bytes of key Number of bytes in data (an integer) Actual bytes of data After receiving this information through standard input, the command to update the particular database should decide whether the user is allowed to make the requested change. If not, the command should exit with the status If the user is allowed to make the change, the command should make the change and exit with a status of zero. If there are any errors that may prevent the updater from making the change, it should exit with the status that matches a valid NIS error code described in AUTHOR
was developed by Sun Microsystems, Inc. SEE ALSO
make(1), newkey(1M), rpc.ypupdated(1M), udpublickey(1M), publickey(4). updaters(1M)