Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Line concatenation help
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Line concatenation help Post 302792475 by Yoda on Wednesday 10th of April 2013 12:39:51 PM
Old 04-10-2013
Other approaches:
Code:
xargs -n2 < file

Code:
paste -d' ' - - < file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenation

What is syntax for String concatenation? I have $1 as directory. $var is some variable value '/' String value. How do I have to concatenate if I have to run utility - util $1 followed by '/' followed by $var There is no space between these three. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: videsh77
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenation

How can I do this: date = 4 -----------> 04 Month= 3-----------> 03 I wish to make a varibale named Var1 which will hold the value of current date and month value as: 2 digits for date. 2 digits for month. So finally var1 should hold value as 0403 --- MMDD (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Asteroid
11 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recursive Concatenation

Hi, I have a problem with concatenation text files. I have a directory, say 'foo' Inside this folder, I have many sub folders, say 'oof1, oof2 .... oof20' Each oof directory has a number of text files inside it. I need to concatenate all the text files in oof directories within foo...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kerensa@unsw.ed
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed line concatenation problem

I have a somewhat bizarre problem when trying to concatenate lines in a file. Using cat file.txt | sed -e :a -e '/$/N;s/\n/ /;ta' the output in file.txt should go from 1 2 3to 1 2 3 instead I only get the last line or 3. I find that if I open the file in gedit and hit delete in front of every... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pluto7777
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenation of a line to previous line

I need to concatenate all lines of a file into 1 line. input file containing lines like 001123456400001234563 107 001578000000000000000000000000000000000000 0000000021600 001123456912345600003 107 001578000000000000000000000000000000000000 0000000992000 i am using command echo `awk... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: reeta_shri
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Concatenation Of Variables

Hi, when I echo the values of two variables that have been set for example: export FRUIT1=ORANGE export FRUIT2=APPLE echo $FRUIT1 ORANGE echo $FRUIT2 APPLE as expected but when I echo the following: echo ${FRUIT1}AND{$FRUIT2} I was expecting to get: ORANGEANDAPPLE but... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaxim
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

String concatenation

Hi, I have two files. cat file.txt a b c d cat file1.txt j k l m I need the output as a:j (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: nareshkumar522
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with String concatenation

I have a script which is migrated from AIX to Linux & now while running it is no able to concatenate string values The string concatenation step under while loop is not displaying desired result Please find below the piece of code: while read EXT_FILE ; do EXT_FILE=$EXT_FILE.ext.sent echo... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: PreetArul
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Concatenation script

Hi, I have the following reports that get generated every 1 hour and this is my requirement: 1. 5 reports get generated every hour with the names "Report.Dddmmyy.Thhmiss.CTLR" "Report.Dddmmyy.Thhmiss.ACCD" "Report.Dddmmyy.Thhmiss.BCCD" "Report.Dddmmyy.Thhmiss.CCCD"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jesshelle David
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Concatenation script

Hi, I have the following reports that get generated every 1 hour and this is my requirement: 1. 5 reports get generated every hour with the names "Report.Dddmmyy.Thhmiss.CTLR" "Report.Dddmmyy.Thhmiss.ACCD" "Report.Dddmmyy.Thhmiss.BCCD" "Report.Dddmmyy.Thhmiss.CCCD"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jesshelle David
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('arevela','alpha'); $lvar = code2langvar('arevela',LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-04-12 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)