Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help related to clearing of shell scripting doubt Post 302792343 by hitesh1907 on Wednesday 10th of April 2013 07:53:38 AM
Old 04-10-2013
Help related to clearing of shell scripting doubt

Hello Gurus,

Can anybody please help me to understand as what does this lines(Marked in bold) does:

_TABLESPACE_OFFLINE=`cat ${_tmp_res} | grep -iv "online" | grep -v "^[ ]*$" | grep -iv "SQL>"` ------->1

if [ "X${_TABLESPACE_OFFLINE}" != "X" ];then
_tmp_tablespace_status=1
if_need_raise_alarm

Output of _TABLESPACE_OFFLINE from line 1 is:

TABLESPACE_NAME STATUS
------------------------------ ---------
EMA_PROCLOG_20120918 READ ONLY
EMA_PROCLOG_20120919 READ ONLY
EMA_PROCLOG_20120920 READ ONLY
TABLESPACE_NAME STATUS
------------------------------ ---------
EMA_PROCLOG_20120921 READ ONLY
EMA_PROCLOG_20120922 READ ONLY
EMA_PROCLOG_20120923 READ ONLY
EMA_PROCLOG_20120924 READ ONLY
EMA_PROCLOG_20120925 READ ONLY
EMA_PROCLOG_20120926 READ ONLY
EMA_PROCLOG_20120927 READ ONLY
20 rows selected.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting basic doubt

Hi, I have a script called sam.sh which consists of a single echo statement like this #/usr/bin/ksh echo "Mani" I changed the mode for the script by giving chmod a+x sam.sh. If I want to execute the scrpt by just giving the name at the command line "sam.sh", what should I necessarily do?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sendhilmani123
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash scripting doubt

i need to check if any user has logged-in more than once in different terminals and then print the count of those login, so i wrote this command, who -H | wc -l but i feel its not accurate , something is wrong ,i have been trying for a long time by trial n error to solve it, but i need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiphias
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

some doubt related to SAR

hi i am trying to monitor server activity through SAR command when i run $ sar -u 1 20 i get output as time , %usr , %sys , %io , %idle i want to know what is %usr like its all user processes for on that server or just process of current user i think this indicates all server processes not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zedex
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting related .

Could any body give the solution/script to get the below... 1.script will run and detcect the files having 0kb size , and give the solution in a out put file.(Will search the file in the path let say /abc/M/) 2.Same as the above also send a mail to your mails id , with the file name stating... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexMar
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

doubt - array related

hi, Can someone give me some clues how will i be able to check if variable is matching a list of values. As of now im able to do it with 'if' , 'for' and 'arrays', if there is any easy method to do it, please let me know. switch case is also not needed. ./file.sh read LIST = "read... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BalajiUthira
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash shell scripting doubt

Hello All, I am setting up a cron job, where i am calling a shell script to make few builds. I got struck at a point, need some expert inputs to proceed further. The script is categorized in 5 parts and in the last part while building software it asks for few questions like:- 1. Build mode... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sahil_jammu
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clearing part of screen in Korn Shell

Hi, I am writing a menu driven Korn script where I am getting some input from the users (host details, like Hostname, HBA WWN, Devices etc...). I face a challenge when the number of input lines goes past my window size. For this reason, I am planning to use a part of the screen for user input, say... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lasko
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix scripting related queries

Hi, I need to know wat does if ! >$tmp_out in the below script mean: tmp_out=$SCRATCH_DIR/file_cat.$$.tmp if ! > $tmp_out then print "Could not initialize temorary file" >&2 my_exit_code=21 break fi ---------- Post updated at 04:28 AM ----------... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhishek.gupta
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clearing leading and trailing blanks from a string in C Shell

Does anyone know of a way with C Shell that will work on both Linux and Sun to clear all leading and trailing blanks from a previously specified string? I am using the following code to replace blanks with underscores: set Company = `echo $Company | sed 's/ /_/g but I don't want any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phudgens
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting Variable doubt

Dear Friends, If i give the command echo $- i am getting output of himBH. Can some body explain what does it means echo $- himBH Thanks in Advance Rajkumar (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkumarin
2 Replies
START 
TRANSACTION(7) SQL Commands START TRANSACTION(7) NAME
START TRANSACTION - start a transaction block SYNOPSIS
START TRANSACTION [ ISOLATION LEVEL { READ COMMITTED | SERIALIZABLE } ] INPUTS None. OUTPUTS START TRANSACTION Message returned if successful. WARNING: BEGIN: already a transaction in progress If there is already a transaction in progress when the command is issued. DESCRIPTION
This command begins a new transaction. If the isolation level is specified, the new transaction has that isolation level. In all other respects, the behavior of this command is identical to the BEGIN [begin(7)] command. NOTES
The isolation level of a transaction can also be set with the SET TRANSACTION [set_transaction(7)] command. If no isolation level is speci- fied, the default isolation level is used. COMPATIBILITY
SQL99 SERIALIZABLE is the default isolation level in SQL99, but it is not the usual default in PostgreSQL: the factory default setting is READ COMMITTED. PostgreSQL does not provide the isolation levels READ UNCOMMITTED and REPEATABLE READ. Because of lack of predicate locking, the SERIALIZABLE level is not truly serializable. See the User's Guide for details. In SQL99 this statement can specify two other properties of the new transaction: whether the transaction is read-only and the size of the diagnostics area. Neither of these concepts are currently supported in PostgreSQL. SQL - Language Statements 2002-07-26 START TRANSACTION(7)