Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Removing specific lines from script files. Post 302792265 by RudiC on Wednesday 10th of April 2013 04:05:10 AM
Old 04-10-2013
Try this:
Code:
grep -il find *.tmp | xargs  sed '/find/,/list/ {/;\|run/d; s/find/where/; s/ with /:/}'
define lastn1 = "A"
    define lastn2 = "Z"
    where MPDB_CORE:MREC > 0
    and (LAST_DATE >= fdate and LAST_DATE <= ldate)
    list/nodef/pagelen=0/noblank/pagewid=255
    MPDB_CORE:MREC/wid=9/c=1
          PAT_TEL/col=10/mask="9999999999"
    ;
    run/sub
    rreplace mpimrph
    bye

You may want to refine the "with" substitution part.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help--script to filter specific lines from multiple txt files

Hi folks, - I have 800 txt files - those files are cisco router configs router1.txt router2.txt ... router800.txt I want to accomplish the following: - I want to have a seperate file with all the filenames that I want to process - I want a script that goes trough all those... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: I-1
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing specific lines

Hi I have a .conf file having many location tags like <Location /main> AuthName main AuthUserFile /ppt/gaea/passwd_main Require user admin </Location> ...... ... <Location /wonder> AuthName gaea AuthUserFile /ppt/gaea/passwd_gaea Require... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: catgovind
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing lines from large files.. quickest method?

Hi I have some files that contain be anything up to 100k lines - eg. file100k I have another file called file5k and I need to produce filec which will contain everything in file100k minus what matches in file 5k.. ie. File100k contains 1FP 2FP 3FP File5k contains 2FP I would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL: removing blank lines from multiple files

Hi Guru's , I have a whole bunch of files in /var/tmp that i need to strip any blank lines from, so ive written the following script to identify the lines (which works perfectly).. but i wanted to know, how can I actually strip the identified lines from the actual source files ?? my... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing specific lines using Unix

Hello everyone, I have a fasta file in the following format: >Sic_7657.x01 bhg|7675859 info:546474 ATGCTAGATGCTAGCTAGCTAGCTGCT CGTAGCTAGTCGTAGCTGATGCTAGGC CGATG >Sic_7657.x1 bhg|76675 info:546474 CGATGCTGATGCTGATCGTGATCTGTC CAGTCGAGCTGATGTCGTATGCGGGTG GCTAGCTA >Sic_7658.y1 bhg|76675... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad23
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing Lines Shared by Multiple Files

Hey everyone, I have a question about comparing two files. I have two lists of files. The first list, todo.csv, lists a series of compounds my supervisor wants me to perform calculations on. The second list, done.csv, lists a series of compounds that I have already performed calculations on.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stuart Ness
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing specific records from files when duplicate key

Hello I have been trying to remove a row from a file which has the same first three columns as another row - I have tried lots of different combinations of suggestion on this forum but can't get it exactly right. what I have is 900 - 1000 = 0 900 - 1000 = 2562 1000 - 1100 = 0 1000 - 1100... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tinytimmay
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing 3 consecutive lines from script

Hi I need to remove three consecutive lines of code which appear multiple times during a script. Two of the lines also appear in other parts of the scripts and need to stay so I can't strip out the code per se - It needs to be the exact three lines. Hope that makes sense ! Any help much... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grueben
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find files containing two specific lines and delate those lines?

Hi I need to find files in a specified folder where are two specified lines of text and delate that lines. It looks like this" 35. ?>NL 36. <iframe>.......</iframe>NLThe problem is that "?>" is in the other lines and id should not be removed if the next line is not like "<iframe>....." So... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: androwida
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to print lines from a files with specific start and end patterns and pick only the last lines?

Hi, I need to print lines which are matching with start pattern "SELECT" and END PATTERN ";" and only select the last "select" statement including the ";" . I have attached sample input file and the desired input should be as: INPUT FORMAT: SELECT ABCD, DEFGH, DFGHJ, JKLMN, AXCVB,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nani2019
5 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)