Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Finding similar strings between two files Post 302792143 by a_bahreini on Tuesday 9th of April 2013 06:39:48 PM
Old 04-09-2013
I meant exactly the same string. In my example, CMTA1 in the column 9 of the second line in my second file is exactly the same as CMTA1 in my first file. Please let me know if that makes sense to you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding strings

Hi I made a post earlier but now my problem has become a lot more complicated. So I have a file that looks like this: Name 1 13 94 1 AGGTT Name 1 31 44 1 TTCCG Name 1 13 94 2 AAAAATTTT Name 1 41 47 2 GGGGGGGGGGG So the file is tab delimited and what I want to do is find... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding number of strings in List

I have a list of strings stored in $Lst Example set Lst = "John Fred Kate Paul" I want to return 4 in this case. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding strings through multiple lines

Hi, I need to search for a multiple line pattern and remove it the pattern is search for (ln number) <TABLE name=*> and if 3 lines below that the line is (ln number) </TABLE> Then remove those 4 lines. Thank you (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: legolad
14 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to search similar strings and add their values

Hi, I have a text file with the following content: monday,20 tuesday,10 wednesday,29 monday,10 friday,12 wednesday,14 monday,15 thursday,34 i want the following output: monday,45 tuesday,10 wednesday,43 friday,12 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashu_g
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to search similar strings and arrange in a specified pattern

Hi, I'm running a DB query which returns names of people and writes it in a text file as shown below: Carey, Jim; Cena, John Cena, John Sen, Tim; Burt, Terrence Lock, Jessey; Carey, Jim Norris, Chuck; Lee, Bruce Rock, Dwayne; Lee, Bruce I want to use awk and get all the names... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashu_g
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding/replacing strings in some files based on a file

Hi, We have a file (e.g. a .csv file, but could be any other format), with 2 columns: the old value and the new value. We need to modify all the files within the current directory (including subdirectories), so find and replace the contents found in the first column within the file, with the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Talkabout
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding a text in files & replacing it with unique strings

Hallo Everyone. I have to admit I'm shell scripting illiterate . I need to find certain strings in several text files and replace each of the string by unique & corresponding text. I prepared a csv file with 3 columns: <filename>;<old_pattern>;<new_pattern> ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gordom
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding difference in between two array's of strings

Hi, Can anybody help me in finding the difference between two array elements with the help of code pls. purge=("Purge Concurrent Request and/or Manager Data" "Purge Signon Audit data" "Purge Obsolete Workflow Runtime Data" "Purge Logs and Closed System Alerts") purge_1=("Purge Obsolete... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Y.balakrishna
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding files in directory with similar names

So, I have a directory tree that has many files named thusly: X_REVY.PDF I need to find any files that have the same X portion (which can be nearly anything) as any another file (in any directory) but have different Y portions (which can be any number from 1-99). I then need it to return... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kamezero
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Collapsing similar strings

I have a file that looks like this: BC00001 GA 2 2 3 3 2 5 1 5 3 3 2 4 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
6 Replies
DB2_FIELD_PRECISION(3)							 1						    DB2_FIELD_PRECISION(3)

db2_field_precision - Returns the precision of the indicated column in a result set

SYNOPSIS
int db2_field_precision (resource $stmt, mixed $column) DESCRIPTION
Returns the precision of the indicated column in a result set. PARAMETERS
o $stmt - Specifies a statement resource containing a result set. o $column - Specifies the column in the result set. This can either be an integer representing the 0-indexed position of the column, or a string containing the name of the column. RETURN VALUES
Returns an integer containing the precision of the specified column. If the specified column does not exist in the result set, db2_field_precision(3) returns FALSE. SEE ALSO
db2_field_display_size(3), db2_field_name(3), db2_field_num(3), db2_field_scale(3), db2_field_type(3), db2_field_width(3). PHP Documentation Group DB2_FIELD_PRECISION(3)