Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: XML parsing by UNIX
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users XML parsing by UNIX Post 302792001 by DGPickett on Tuesday 9th of April 2013 02:19:07 PM
Old 04-09-2013
If you iknow it does not damage the xml, you can force a line feed before every <, so all tags start on the front of one line and end on the front of a subsequent one. Parsing such a file with text tools is now much simpler.

Damage occurs if there is a literal string inside elements, perhaps an encoded LOB, that is corrupted by adding a trailing line feed. However, the app or the decoding itself may discard line feeds, like uuencode and base 64 but not urlencode. Best way to encode text data for XML in Java? - Stack Overflow

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

XML parsing

Hi I want to take an XML file and transform it into a pipe-delimited format. What is the best tool to use for this? I have libxml2 which seems to be the best xml parser around. The xml file will have the following format. <Txn> <Date>120504</Date> <id>99</id> <Items> <Item>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: handak9
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML Parsing

Hi, Need a script to parse the following xml file content <tag1 Name="val1"> <abc Name="key"/> <abc Name="pass">*********</abc> </tag1> <tag2 Name="Core"> <Host Name="a.b.c"> <tag1 Name="abc"> <abc Name="ac">None</abc> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mavericc
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix XML Parsing check well formed

Hi, I am using ksh, is there any command which can check whether the XML file is well formed or not? Regards, Sreejit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sreejitnair123
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing XML

Learned People, Hello ! Till today, for the most part, all of the tricky questions/situations that I encountered were already posted by other folks and all I had to do was peruse through these one at a time and I could find some sort of an answer and all I had to do was add some minor tweaks... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ManoharMa
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

XML Parsing

I had a big XML and from which I have to make a layout as below *TOTAL+CB | *CB+FX | CS |*IR | *TOTAL | -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- |CB FX | | | | DMFXNY EMSGFX... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing XML

I am trying to parse an xml file and trying to grab certain values and inserting them into database table. I have the following xml that I am parsing: <dd:service name="locator" link="false"> <dd:activation mode="manual" /> <dd:run mode="direct_persistent" proxified="false" managed="true"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: $criptKid617
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML: parsing of the Google contacts XML file

I am trying to parse the XML Google contact file using tools like xmllint and I even dived into the XSL Style Sheets using xsltproc but I get nowhere. I can not supply any sample file as it contains private data but you can download your own contacts using this script: #!/bin/sh # imports... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ripat
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML parsing

i have xml output in below format... <AlertsResponse> <Alert id="11216" name="fgdfg"> <AlertActionLog timestamp="1356521629778" user="admin" detail="Recovery Alert"/> </Alert> <Alert id="11215" name="gdfg <AlertActionLog timestamp="1356430119840" user=""... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML Parsing :

HI I want to parse below file in to two output :- Input :- ?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <bulkCmConfigDataFile xmlns:un="utranNrm.xsd" <configData dnPrefix="Undefined"> <xn:SubNetwork id="ONRM_ROOT_MO_R"> <xn:MeContext id="C136"> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML parsing

I have an xml file where the format looks like below <SESSIONCOMPONENT REFOBJECTNAME ="pre_session_command" REUSABLE ="NO" TYPE ="Pre-session command"> <TASK DESCRIPTION ="" NAME ="pre_session_command" REUSABLE ="NO" TYPE ="Command" VERSIONNUMBER ="1"> ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: r_t_1601
8 Replies
repo-rss(1)															       repo-rss(1)

NAME
repo-rss - generates an RSS feed from one or more Yum repositories SYNOPSIS
repo-rss [options] repoid1 [repoid2...] DESCRIPTION
repo-rss is a program for generating RSS feeds for one or more Yum repositories. GENERAL OPTIONS
-h, --help Help; display a help message and then quit. -f <file> Specify the file to which the RSS will be written. Default is repo-rss.xml. -l <link> Specify the URL to the RSS feed. Default is http://yum.baseurl.org/. -t <title> Specify the title for the RSS feed. Default is "RSS Repository - Recent Packages". -d <description> Specify the description of the RSS feed. Default is "Most recent packages in Repositories". -r <days> Specify the number of days to consider most recent. Default is 3. --tempcache Enable the use of a temporary directory for the yum cache. This is enabled by default for non-root users. EXAMPLES
Generate an RSS for the updates-released repository and save it as updates-release.xml: repo-rss -f updates-released.xml updates-released FILES
As repo-rss uses YUM libraries for retrieving all the information, it relies on YUM configuration for its default values like which reposi- tories to use. Consult YUM documentation for details: /etc/yum.conf /etc/yum/repos.d/ /var/cache/yum/ SEE ALSO
yum.conf (5) http://yum.baseurl.org/ AUTHORS
See the Authors file included with this program. BUGS
There are of course no bugs, but should you find any, you should first consult the FAQ section on http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/Faq and if unsuccessful in finding a resolution contact the mailing list: yum-devel@lists.baseurl.org. To file a bug use http://bugzilla.redhat.com for Fedora/RHEL/Centos related bugs and http://yum.baseurl.org/report for all other bugs. Seth Vidal 2005 repo-rss(1)