Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk print pattern match line and following lines Post 302791835 by ctsgnb on Tuesday 9th of April 2013 10:16:23 AM
Old 04-09-2013
what behaviour do you expect in case you have a file containing lines like :

Code:
pattern
pattern
blabla
blabla

should the first blabla be displayed ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed print all lines after pattern match

HiCan someone show me how to print all lines from a file after a line matching a pattern using sed?Thanks (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
13 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print lines based on string match on another line and condition

Hi folks, I have a text file that I need to parse, and I cant figure it out. The source is a report breaking down softwares from various companies with some basic info about them (see source snippet below). Ultimately what I want is an excel sheet with only Adobe and Microsoft software name and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rowie718
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

print chunk of lines only if there is a pattern match in between them

Hi All, Please find the sample file below: NAME ID NUMBER -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------- abcdefgheija;lksdf ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: niel.verty
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

print lines with exact pattern match

I have in a file domain.com. 1909 IN A 1.22.33.44 domain.com. 1909 IN A 22.33.44.55 ns1.domain.com. 1699 IN A 33.44.55.66 ns2.domain.com. 1806 IN A 77.77.66.66 I need to "grep" or "awk" out the lines starting with domain.com. as follows. domain.com. 1909 IN A 1.22.33.44 domain.com.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anilcliff
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines before and after pattern match

I am using Solaris, I want to print 3 lines before pattern match pattern 5 lines after pattern match Pattern is abcd to be searched in a.txt. Looking for the solution in sed/awk/perl. Thanks .. Input File a.txt: ================= 1 2 3 abcd 4 5 6 7 8 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manuswami
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need one liner to search pattern and print everything expect 6 lines from where pattern match made

i need to search for a pattern from a big file and print everything expect the next 6 lines from where the pattern match was made. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines that do not match the pattern

I need to print the lines that do not match a pattern. I tried using grep -v and sed -n '/pattern/!p', but both of them are not working as I am passing the pattern as variable and it can be null some times. Example ........ abcd...... .........abcd...... .........abcd......... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunny1234
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match pattern and print the line number of occurence using awk

Hi, I have a simple problem but i guess stupid enough to figure it out. i have thousands rows of data. and i need to find match patterns of two columns and print the number of rows. for example: inputfile abd abp 123 abc abc 325 ndc ndc 451 mjk lkj... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: redse171
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match Pattern and print pattern and multiple lines into one line

Hello Experts , require help . See below output: File inputs ------------------------------------------ Server Host = mike id rl images allocated last updated density vimages expiration last read <------- STATUS ------->... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tigerhills
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to combine lines from line with pattern match to a line that ends in a pattern

I am trying to combine lines with these conditions: 1. First line starts with text of "libname VALUE db2 datasrc" where VALUE can be any text. 2. If condition1 is met then continue to combine lines through a line that ends with a semicolon. 3. Ignore case when matching patterns and remove any... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wes Kem
5 Replies
Data::Grove::Parent(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    Data::Grove::Parent(3)

NAME
Data::Grove::Parent - provide parent properties to Data::Grove objects SYNOPSIS
use Data::Grove::Parent; $root = $object->root; $rootpath = $object->rootpath; $tied = $object->add_magic([ $parent ]); $node = Data::Grove::Parent->new($hash [, $parent]); $node_list = Data::Grove::ParentList->new($array [, $parent]); DESCRIPTION
Data::Grove::Parent is an extension to Data::Grove that adds `"Parent"' and `"Raw"' properties to Data::Grove objects and methods for returning the root node of a grove, a list of nodes between and including the root node and the current node, and a method that creates parented nodes. Data::Grove::Parent works by creating a Perl ``tied'' object that contains a parent reference (`"Parent"') and a reference to the original Data::Grove object (`"Raw"'). Tying-magic is used so that every time you reference the Data::Grove::Parent object it actually references the underlying raw object. When you retrieve a list or a property of the Raw object, Data::Grove::Parent automatically adds magic to the returned list or node. This means you only call `add_magic()' once to create the first Data::Grove::Parent object and then use the grove objects like you normally would. The most obvious use of this is so you don't have to call a `"delete"' method when you want to release a grove or part of a grove; since Data::Grove and Data::Grove::Parent objects have no cyclic references, Perl can garbage collect them normally. A secondary use is to allow you to reuse grove or property set fragments in multiple trees. WARNING: Data::Grove currently does not protect you from creating your own cyclic references! This could lead to infinite loops if you don't take care to avoid them. METHODS
$object->root() $object->rootpath() `"root()"' returns the root node if `$object' is a `"Data::Grove::Parent"' object. `"rootpath()"' returns an array of all the nodes between and including the root node and `$object'. $tied = $object->add_magic([ $parent ]) `"add_magic()"' returns a "Data::Grove::Parent" object with `$object' as it's `"Raw"' object. If `$parent' is given, that becomes the tied object's parent object. AUTHOR
Ken MacLeod, ken@bitsko.slc.ut.us SEE ALSO
perl(1), Data::Grove(3) perl v5.12.1 2003-10-21 Data::Grove::Parent(3)