Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Ftp: SSL_connect error while connecting from source to destination server Solaris 10 Post 302791741 by muraliinfy04 on Tuesday 9th of April 2013 04:59:03 AM
Old 04-09-2013
Ftp: SSL_connect error while connecting from source to destination server Solaris 10

Hi Everyone,
I am using solaris 10.I am facing a different problem here with tlsftp.I have intalled all steps for tlsftp and able to connect to the destination server from the source server.It worked for some days.But recently when i am connectin it is giving below error.I am not finding the exact reason for it.Appreciate your response on it.

Code:

ordermp in /orderm $ tlsftp -z opts=33 ftp.elit.eds.com 990
Connected to ftp.elit.eds.com.
ftp: SSL_connect error error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0)
: Connection reset by peer
Login failed. SSL connection negotiation failed.ordermp in /orderm

Earlier successful connection it worked.
Code:

tlsftp -z opts=33 ftp.elit.eds.com 990
Connected to ftp.elit.eds.com.
[SSL Cipher AES128-SHA]
220-
220-       Welcome to the ELIT FTP Server
220-
220- Use of this system is restricted to authorized users.
220- User activity is monitored and recorded by system personnel.
220- Anyone using this system expressly consents to such monitoring
220- and recording.  BE ADVISED: if possible criminal activity is detected,
220- system records, along with certain personal information,
220- may be provided to law enforcement officials.
331 Username "vssmomdev01" needs password
230 User "VSSMOMDEV01" successfully logged in from IP /130.172.153.143
Remote system type is UNIX.
ftp> ls

Appreciate your quick help on this.Advance thanks

Last edited by jim mcnamara; 04-09-2013 at 09:56 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Byte Rate to/from a source/destination

is there a command in unix/linux that allows you to sample what the historic byte rate is from a local IP to a client IP. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cubs0729
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

FTP user information on destination server

Could any one please tell me how to check the ftp users information on the destination server ( Hp-UX ) ? Source server used to do FTP to my server ( that is destination server ) . Now , he is getting error that login is incorrect and unable to login into destination server . Please tell me how to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: randhir
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to other server thru ftp

Hi, Can someone help me on how to ftp to UNIX server from an another UNIX Server. I tried the follwoing but it is not working. ftp -n 10.10.0.1 quote user usrname quote pass passwd ls Though ftp is starting it is not allowing me run command..... it is asking to Thanks in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: EmbedUX
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Trouble connecting to FTP proxy server

Hi Guys, I have trouble connecting to ftp server. My task is to connect to the proxy server and get the latest file to the local machine. It works fine when i do the same steps manually. I've been trying to do it in multiple ways but im just not able to connect. When i check the log, this is what... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stunnerz_84
4 Replies

5. Linux

rpmbuild, how to specify a different source and destination path for files

I'd like to specify a different build and deployment path for files, by default the same path is used for both build and install, I wasn't able to find a way to make these different. With Solaris pkgadd, one can specify different paths in prototype, so I would assume something like that is possible... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiburblium
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with Connecting to ftp server

Hi All, I have a ftp link as "ftp://ftp1.xyz.org/abc_ike/". The same thing is opening fine when I use a browser. But I am not sure how to connect to the above link from console. I used the command ftp ftp1.xyz.org The above is not working. I am not getting any error it simply stands still.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to a server using FTP is hanging

Hi Friends I have created a shell script to connect to a windows server. But the problem is while trying to run the script I am not getting any output. After running the script it is hanged and the prompt is not showing until if I press the ctrl+Z to break the script. I also tried using the FTP... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kannannair
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Rsync error while running from destination to source

hi All, i have 2 server setup now for Rsync, i configured Rsync on both of the server and it worked well when i did run from source to destination. and while running back from destination to source it produced this error: bash-3.2$ ksh rsync_bravo_db.ksh usa0300uz1247.apps.mc.xerox.com... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovelysethii
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error files count while coping files from source to destination locaton as well count success full

hi All, Any one answer my requirement. I have source location src_dir="/home/oracle/arun/IRMS-CM" My Target location dest_dir="/home/oracle/arun/LiveLink/IRMS-CM/$dc/$pc/$ct" my source text files check with below example.text file content $fn "\t" $dc "\t" $pc "\t" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravanreddy
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Open ports from source to destination

Is there a way to find out all the ports open between source IP & destination IP in any way ? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: UnknownGuy
12 Replies
ftp(4)								   File Formats 							    ftp(4)

NAME
ftp - FTP client configuration file SYNOPSIS
/etc/default/ftp DESCRIPTION
Use the ftp file to configure the behavior of the FTP client. Lines that begin with a hash symbol ("# ") are treated as comment lines and are ignored. Behavior Directives The ftp file supports the following behavior directives: FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST=yes | no The ls command of the ftp client sends an NLST to the FTP Server by default. Several non-Solaris clients send LIST instead. In order to make the Solaris ftp client send LIST when the ls command is issued, set FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST to no. The value of FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST is yes by default. If the user sets a value for FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST in the user's environment, this value will override any FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST directive that is specified in /etc/default/ftp. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWbipr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftp(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 22 Oct 2002 ftp(4)