Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Connecting to a server using FTP is hanging Post 302791665 by jim mcnamara on Monday 8th of April 2013 11:25:07 PM
Old 04-09-2013
ftpd on the remote server (or whatever windows service is running this ftp service if the remote server is not UNIX) needs to be restarted. I am assuming the connection used to work, and now does not. It should ask for USER.
This User Gave Thanks to jim mcnamara For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Server Hanging frequently - urgent help required

hi, I am facing a sever problem in mu HO-UX 11.11.0 Server which is getting hanged for last 3/4 days. Its giveing error insufficient memory. Earlier this problem was not there. We are using oour ERP & informix on the same. There no heavy & sudden increase of data. When I checked the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: micku_100
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Ftp not connecting to ip

If i do a ftp localhost , it works but if i do a ftp x.x.x.x (ip ) it does not work thoug all the services are running what could be the reason for this bash-3.00# ftp localhost Connected to localhost. 220- bash-3.00# ftp 10.63.25.176 Connected to 10.63.25.176. 421 Service not available,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to other server thru ftp

Hi, Can someone help me on how to ftp to UNIX server from an another UNIX Server. I tried the follwoing but it is not working. ftp -n 10.10.0.1 quote user usrname quote pass passwd ls Though ftp is starting it is not allowing me run command..... it is asking to Thanks in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: EmbedUX
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP client is hanging very rarely!

Hi, I have a script in which I am using ftp to transfer some files from remote -> local and vice versa, this scripts is invoked by cron. for your reference I am sharing the function also : ============================================= fn_FileTransfer_LocalToRemote() { set -x... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anshuman0507
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Trouble connecting to FTP proxy server

Hi Guys, I have trouble connecting to ftp server. My task is to connect to the proxy server and get the latest file to the local machine. It works fine when i do the same steps manually. I've been trying to do it in multiple ways but im just not able to connect. When i check the log, this is what... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stunnerz_84
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connecting through ftp command

I have a general problem of connection to my site 'noos'. My server's ftp name is 'mapage.noos.fr' and login is 'stehub', according to my hotline. I just need to fill the field Password to be connected (in software like Transmit or Dreamweaver), theorically. BUT IT DOES NOT WORK and my... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shub22
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with Connecting to ftp server

Hi All, I have a ftp link as "ftp://ftp1.xyz.org/abc_ike/". The same thing is opening fine when I use a browser. But I am not sure how to connect to the above link from console. I used the command ftp ftp1.xyz.org The above is not working. I am not getting any error it simply stands still.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Ftp: SSL_connect error while connecting from source to destination server Solaris 10

Hi Everyone, I am using solaris 10.I am facing a different problem here with tlsftp.I have intalled all steps for tlsftp and able to connect to the destination server from the source server.It worked for some days.But recently when i am connectin it is giving below error.I am... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

During mounting server is hanging

HI, I am facing the issue, while mounting servrt is getting hanged. mount 10.10.10.1/test /test (while running this command server is getting hanged) I have defined in /etc/exports /test 10.10.10.2 (rw,sync,no_root_squash) I have started nfs, portmap services. Please suggest... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Issue with ftp hanging

I could have sworn I posted on this issue earlier a couple of weeks ago but now cannot find the thread to add some updated info so I guess I'll start from scratch. Running on Oracle Linux 5.6, 64-bit. I have a weekly job that does an ftp 'mget' to copy a bunch of files from a production... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: edstevens
12 Replies
SYSTEMD-SOCKET-PROXYD(8)				       systemd-socket-proxyd					  SYSTEMD-SOCKET-PROXYD(8)

NAME
systemd-socket-proxyd - Bidirectionally proxy local sockets to another (possibly remote) socket. SYNOPSIS
systemd-socket-proxyd [OPTIONS...] HOST:PORT systemd-socket-proxyd [OPTIONS...] UNIX-DOMAIN-SOCKET-PATH DESCRIPTION
systemd-socket-proxyd is a generic socket-activated network socket forwarder proxy daemon for IPv4, IPv6 and UNIX stream sockets. It may be used to bi-directionally forward traffic from a local listening socket to a local or remote destination socket. One use of this tool is to provide socket activation support for services that do not natively support socket activation. On behalf of the service to activate, the proxy inherits the socket from systemd, accepts each client connection, opens a connection to a configured server for each client, and then bidirectionally forwards data between the two. This utility's behavior is similar to socat(1). The main differences for systemd-socket-proxyd are support for socket activation with "Accept=false" and an event-driven design that scales better with the number of connections. OPTIONS
The following options are understood: -h, --help Print a short help text and exit. --version Print a short version string and exit. --connections-max=, -c Sets the maximum number of simultaneous connections, defaults to 256. If the limit of concurrent connections is reached further connections will be refused. EXIT STATUS
On success, 0 is returned, a non-zero failure code otherwise. EXAMPLES
Simple Example Use two services with a dependency and no namespace isolation. Example 1. proxy-to-nginx.socket [Socket] ListenStream=80 [Install] WantedBy=sockets.target Example 2. proxy-to-nginx.service [Unit] Requires=nginx.service After=nginx.service Requires=proxy-to-nginx.socket After=proxy-to-nginx.socket [Service] ExecStart=/lib/systemd/systemd-socket-proxyd /tmp/nginx.sock PrivateTmp=yes PrivateNetwork=yes Example 3. nginx.conf [...] server { listen unix:/tmp/nginx.sock; [...] Example 4. Enabling the proxy # systemctl enable --now proxy-to-nginx.socket $ curl http://localhost:80/ Namespace Example Similar as above, but runs the socket proxy and the main service in the same private namespace, assuming that nginx.service has PrivateTmp= and PrivateNetwork= set, too. Example 5. proxy-to-nginx.socket [Socket] ListenStream=80 [Install] WantedBy=sockets.target Example 6. proxy-to-nginx.service [Unit] Requires=nginx.service After=nginx.service Requires=proxy-to-nginx.socket After=proxy-to-nginx.socket JoinsNamespaceOf=nginx.service [Service] ExecStart=/lib/systemd/systemd-socket-proxyd 127.0.0.1:8080 PrivateTmp=yes PrivateNetwork=yes Example 7. nginx.conf [...] server { listen 8080; [...] Example 8. Enabling the proxy # systemctl enable --now proxy-to-nginx.socket $ curl http://localhost:80/ SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd.socket(5), systemd.service(5), systemctl(1), socat(1), nginx(1), curl(1) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-SOCKET-PROXYD(8)