Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: VM and Redhat Problems
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat VM and Redhat Problems Post 302791543 by Newer on Monday 8th of April 2013 04:41:59 PM
Old 04-08-2013
Verde Pollo

Hi VerdePollo,

First, let me thanks you, if you notice de date of my question and how many answers i have recieve...you are the only one. So this option could works but this it's not the first time someone sugest me that. But i don't have any idea to do that, so if you could explain to me steps by steps i'll be glad (just more question, if you speak spanish will be better for me).

Thanks againSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

'make' problems (compliation problems?)

I'm trying to compile and install both most recent version of 'make' and the most recent version of 'openssh' on my Sparc20. I've run into the following problems... and I don't know what they mean. Can someone please help me resolve these issues? I'm using the 'make' version that was... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RedHat

Hi all, I'm installing RedHat 7.0 on a laptop. As it's a dual boot with win2k I make a boot sector instead of using the MBR. After the install I mark the boot sector active in windows then I can boot into Linux. First question. When I make the boot sector active it deletes the swap... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: merlin
3 Replies

3. Linux

redhat

hello people i just installed redhat, everything seemes to be fine, but when i start it, it boots up normally and starts firstboot or whatever, then it opens something, i can move the mouse for a while(thats all i see.. first the X then an arrow..) but then the whole computer freezes.. i think the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thenewestuser
3 Replies

4. SuSE

redhat

i just bought a redhat 9.0 book which comes with the operating system and Ive install it as a server however Im having difficulties installing Swat and I just wonder if I have to spend buy an enterprise server or what ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: keliy1
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

redhat

if sombody can help it will be very good.I want to have some information concerning redhat 9.How to go in the internet with :confused: ,how to programmate in c or c++,and finally how i can use it esaly.Sorry for my english i'm a french speaker ;) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boyep
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

CVS on redhat

Hi all, i am trying to set up a CVS server on linux and to remote access the repository using WinCVS. I am facing some problem and i am unsure whether is it the client or the server not set up properly. In my winCVS client, i clicked Admin ->login and i specify my CVSROOT to be ":... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
5 Replies

7. Red Hat

Python Installation problems on Redhat Enterprise Linux.

Hi All, I have to upgrade python installed on my Redhat enterprise Linux 4. I downloaded the latest python package from python website but not able to install the new package as the make command itself goes on running for more than a day. Can some help me regarding this. Is ther any method to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praveen H
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Problems running redhat config samba in the GUI

hi Recently the above option has stopped working all together. On clicking on this option it appears as though the window will open as the outline of the box appears but nothing more. On running this from a command prompt within the GUI , I get the following error: The last line... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: timcs
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redhat 5.8 to 6.0

Hi, Currently running Redhat 5.8, I am thinking about upgrading to 6. After the upgrade, in case, I want to downgrade. How would I do that? Please let me know. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sort command results are different in Redhat 4 vs Redhat 5

Hi, I am having a text file with the following contents ########### File1 ########### some page1.txt text page.txt When I sort this file on Red Hat 5, then I get the following output ########### File1 ########### page1.txt page.txt some (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
3 Replies
REDHAT-UPGRADE-TOOL(8)					  redhat-upgrade-tool User Manual				    REDHAT-UPGRADE-TOOL(8)

NAME
redhat-upgrade-tool - Red Hat Upgrade tool SYNOPSIS
redhat-upgrade-tool [OPTIONS] SOURCE DESCRIPTION
redhat-upgrade-tool is the Red Hat Upgrade tool. The redhat-upgrade-tool client runs on the system to be upgraded. It determines what packages are needed for upgrade and gathers them from the source(s) given. It also fetches and sets up the boot images needed to run the upgrade and sets up the system to perform the upgrade at next boot. The actual upgrade takes place when the system is rebooted, using the boot images set up by redhat-upgrade-tool. The upgrade initrd starts the existing system (mostly) as normal, lets it mount all the local filesystems, then starts the upgrade. When the upgrade finishes, it reboots the system into the newly-upgraded OS. OPTIONS
Optional arguments -h, --help Show a help message and exit. -v, --verbose Print more info. -d, --debug Print lots of debugging info. --debuglog DEBUGLOG Write debugging output to the given file. Defaults to /var/log/redhat-upgrade-tool.log. --reboot Automatically reboot to start the upgrade when ready. SOURCE These options tell redhat-upgrade-tool where to look for the packages and boot images needed to run the upgrade. At least one of these options is required. --device [DEV] Device or mountpoint of mounted install media. If DEV is omitted, redhat-upgrade-tool will scan all currently-mounted removable devices (USB disks, optical media, etc.) --iso ISO Installation image file. --network VERSION Online repos matching VERSION (a number or "rawhide") Multiple sources may be used, if desired. Additional options for --network --enablerepo REPOID Enable one or more repos (wildcards allowed). --disablerepo REPOID Disable one or more repos (wildcards allowed). --addrepo REPOID=[@]URL Add the repo at URL. Prefix URL with @ to indicate that the URL is a mirrorlist. --instrepo REPOID Get upgrader boot images from the repo named REPOID. The repo must contain a valid .treeinfo file which points to the location of usable kernel and upgrade images. Cleanup commands --resetbootloader Remove any modifications made to bootloader configuration. --clean Clean up everything written by redhat-upgrade-tool. EXAMPLES
redhat-upgrade-tool --network 7.0 --instrepo <repo URL> Upgrade to RHEL 7.0 by downloading all needed packages and data from the specified repository. redhat-upgrade-tool --device --network 7.0 Upgrade to RHEL 7.0 using install media mounted somewhere on the system, fetching updates from the network if needed. EXIT STATUS
0 Success. 1 Cancelled by user, failure writing files to disk, or other unknown error 2 Failed to download/copy files from the given SOURCE 3 RPM upgrade transaction test failed BUGS
The --iso image must be on a filesystem listed in /etc/fstab. AUTHORS
Will Woods <wwoods@redhat.com> redhat-upgrade-tool 11/08/2013 REDHAT-UPGRADE-TOOL(8)