Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mailx help in Solaris
Operating Systems Solaris Mailx help in Solaris Post 302791337 by Yoda on Monday 8th of April 2013 11:13:08 AM
Old 04-08-2013
I would recommend to run it as a script.

Just make sure you run it as a group command { list; } like posted.

By the way I checked the SunOS mailx manual and I do not see any option that support this feature.
This User Gave Thanks to Yoda For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx command (Sun Solaris 8)

Hi, I would like to use mailx to send multiple files to one recipient whereas each file should be send as a separate email. mailx -s "Subject" email@user.de < file1 file2 file3 file4 If I use this command email@user.de will receive only file4. And: cat file* | mailx -s .... will combine... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cczerwin
2 Replies

2. Solaris

how to send mails to users on exchange server from sendmail/solaris(mailx)

Hi, Can anyone pls. tell me how to access Active directory from solaris. I am looking at solution by which I can send mail notification from the logs generated by scripts, to the users on Exchange server. I am trying for a Perl-LDAP module , but don't realy know how to go for it (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganeshh
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx error message : mailx: NUL changed to @

If I use the "Mail" link instead of the "mail" link to ../mailx I get this error. Mail so-n-so @whatever.com mailx: NUL changed to @ Unknown command: "postmaster" The email still goes through but i get the error. If I use "mail" it goes thru without the error. Any ideas?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 9 mailx problems

how come I cant email myself, here is what im typing mailx saundersc Subject: hi hello world . EOT # su saundersc # mailx No mail for saundersc (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need Help w/mailx - Sun Solaris

I have this Legato application which generates a file and then it pipes it to mailx. cat << savelog.txt | mailx -s "Saverpt `date +"%c`" myemail@xxx.com The "savelog.txt does get created and is owned by root and other group, but yet will not email using mailx to myemail@xxx.com. Mailx... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gzs553
4 Replies

6. Solaris

mailx on solaris - How to add mail body

hi, Can anyone please tell me how to add some text in the mail body like I can add subject using the following syntax. mailx -s "Hi - This is mail subject" xyz@abc.com Many Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abovais
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris Mailx Problem.

I have 4 solaris servers with similar configuration and i configured mailx in all 4 servers. i have made necessery changes in /etc/mail/sendmail.cf. and i added the mail server entry in /etc/hosts file and it is working fine in 3 servers properly. but its not working in 1 server. Everything is fine... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep.tk
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

mailx on linux just like on solaris/HP

Hello Unix lovers, I want to know if I can have mailx on linux. I am using redhat 6. My sys admin says that mailx is not availble on linux. I see on my linux system mailx is just a link to /bin/Mail program. I want to install mailx just as it is availble on soaris/HP. When my sys... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shriashishpatil
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Configure mailx in Solaris 10

Hello, We are using exchange server in our environment. I need to configure mailx to send email from Solaris box to one mail I'd which is on exchange server. I know ip of exchange server.. Let me know where should I configure that ip to do the needful? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshsun
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris mailx Configuration

Hi, I need to send an output from Solaris to my email address. For example df -h to be sent out from the Solaris. I was wondering how to configure the mailx and smtp configuration to be setup. Has anyone setup before? Thanks. :confused::confused::confused: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: freshmeat
0 Replies
run(1F)                                                            FMLI Commands                                                           run(1F)

NAME
run - run an executable SYNOPSIS
run [ -s] [-e] [-n] [-t string] program DESCRIPTION
The run command runs program, using the PATH variable to find it. By default, when program has completed, the user is prompted (Press ENTER to continue:), before being returned to FMLI. The argument program is a system executable followed by its options (if any). OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -e If -e is specified, the user will be prompted before returning to FMLI only if there is an error condition -n If -n is specified, the user will never be prompted before returning to FMLI (useful for programs like vi, in which the user must do some specific action to exit in the first place). -s The -s option means "silent", implying that the screen will not have to be repainted when program has completed. Note that the -s option should only be used when program does not write to the terminal. In addition, when -s is used, program cannot be interrupted, even if it recognizes interrupts. -tstring If -t is specified, string is the name this process will have in the pop-up menu generated by the frm-list command. This feature requires the executable facesuspend (see face(1)) to suspend the process and return to the FMLI appli- cation. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Sample output of run command Here is a menu that uses run: menu="Edit special System files" name="Password file" action=`run -e vi /etc/passwd` name="Group file" action=`run -e vi /etc/group` name="My .profile" action=`run -n vi $HOME/.profile` ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
face(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 17 Nov 1999 run(1F)