Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to return programming to calling shell script? Post 302791335 by Corona688 on Monday 8th of April 2013 11:08:14 AM
Old 04-08-2013
Show your entire program, please, as well as the modifications you tried.
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling shell script ?

hi friends, i'm new to unix and straight away i had to start with the script files. I've a script file which gets called from a menu item on a GUI. This script file again calls .awk file, in performing some tasks , which also generates certain files. I modified the files to generate some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ravi_Kandula
1 Replies

2. Programming

Return value (int) from main to calling shell

What is the sytax to return an int from C program main back to calling shell? #!/usr/bin/ksh typeset -i NO_RECS $NO_RECS=process_file # Process file is a C program that is set up to return an int from main. The #program complies with no issues, but an error is generated when the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: flounder
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Calling PL/SQL Script in Shell Programming

Hi all, In a shell script I need to pass two parameters to a pl/sql script and get the ouput of the pl/sql script and use it in shell script. For example Shell script : test.sh PL/SQL script : get_id.sql parameter1 parameter2 Actually get_id.sql has a select statement something... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lijju.mathew
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling Shell Script

Hello Friends, I have bash script on unix server which i want to call from windows server. Basically i want a command line which will call this script on unix server. Any one has any idea regarding this? Help really appreciated!! Thanks, Roshni. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: onlyroshni
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling shell functions from another shell script

Hi, I have a query .. i have 2 scripts say 1.sh and 2.sh 1.sh contains many functions written using shell scripts. 2.sh is a script which needs to call the functions definded in 1.sh function calls are with arguments. Can some one tell me how to call the functions from 2.sh? Thanks in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisha
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get return value from PERL script calling from KSH

All: I am calling a PERL script from KSH. I need specific codes to be returned by the PERL Script. For ex: Ksh ----- result=`test.pl $FILE` My idea is to get the value of result from the test.pl, by specifically making the test.pl to print the return code. Since I had some other print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ucbus
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling another shell script

Hi there, I have an script reading content of a file and runs whatever command is specified there, as follows #!/bin/bash # Supposed to read from a file that commands are listed to be run # when the server starts for initialization CMD_FILE=/myScripts/startup/task2do.txt if ; then ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: james gordon
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to return the value from the called shell script to the calling sh script

Hi all, I have two ksh scripts #sample1.sh #!/bin/ksh . ./sample2.sh echo $fileExist #sample2.sh #!/bin/ksh func() { i=1 return $a } func echo $? Here how should I return the value of sample2.sh back to sample1.sh? Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gp_singh
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling 'n' number of shell scripts based on dependency in one shell script.

Hello gurus, I have three korn shell script 3.1, 3.2, 3.3. I would like to call three shell script in one shell script. i m looking for something like this call 3.1; If 3.1 = "complete" then call 3.2; if 3.2 = ''COMPlete" then call 3.3; else exit The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shashi369
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling pl/sql procedure from shell and return values

How could I call an Oracle PL/SQL procedure from any shell (bash) and catch returning value from that procedure (out param) or get a returning value if it's a function. also, I got into trouble when I tried to send a number as a param #!/bin/bash -e username=$1 pwd=$2 baza=$3... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bongo
0 Replies
sound-juicer(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   sound-juicer(1)

NAME
sound-juicer - GNOME-desktop CD ripper and player using GStreamer SYNOPSIS
sound-juicer [option...] DESCRIPTION
sound-juicer is a CD ripper and player for GNOME which aims to have a simple, clean, easy to use interface. sound-juicer supports encoding to several popular audio formats such as Ogg Vorbis and FLAC, additional formats can be added through GStreamer plugins. For additional documentation on interactive use of sound-juicer select the Help menu option. The menus allow access to features not avail- able through command-line options. OPTIONS
-a, --auto-start Start extracting immediately -p, --play Start playing immediately -d, --device=DEVICE What CD device to read --display=DISPLAY X display to use -?, --help Show help options --help-all Show all help options --help-gst Show GStreamer Options --help-gtk Show GTK+ Options --help-bonobo-activation Show Bonobo Activation options --help-gnome Show GNOME options --help-gnome-session Show session management options --help-gnome-ui Show GNOME GUI options AUTHOR
sound-juicer was written by Ross Burton <ross@burtonini.com>. This manual page was written by Sven Arvidsson <sa@whiz.se>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). SEE ALSO
The online documentation available through the program's Help menu. GNOME
2006-11-26 sound-juicer(1)