Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mailx help in Solaris
Operating Systems Solaris Mailx help in Solaris Post 302791317 by Yoda on Monday 8th of April 2013 10:12:24 AM
Old 04-08-2013
Use sendmail instead:
Code:
{
        echo "From: from@addr.com"
        echo "To: to@addr.com"
        echo "MIME-Version: 1.0"
        echo "Content-Type: text/plain"
        echo "Subject: Your Subject"
        echo "Importance:High"
        # Email body here
} | /usr/sbin/sendmail -t

This User Gave Thanks to Yoda For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx command (Sun Solaris 8)

Hi, I would like to use mailx to send multiple files to one recipient whereas each file should be send as a separate email. mailx -s "Subject" email@user.de < file1 file2 file3 file4 If I use this command email@user.de will receive only file4. And: cat file* | mailx -s .... will combine... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cczerwin
2 Replies

2. Solaris

how to send mails to users on exchange server from sendmail/solaris(mailx)

Hi, Can anyone pls. tell me how to access Active directory from solaris. I am looking at solution by which I can send mail notification from the logs generated by scripts, to the users on Exchange server. I am trying for a Perl-LDAP module , but don't realy know how to go for it (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganeshh
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx error message : mailx: NUL changed to @

If I use the "Mail" link instead of the "mail" link to ../mailx I get this error. Mail so-n-so @whatever.com mailx: NUL changed to @ Unknown command: "postmaster" The email still goes through but i get the error. If I use "mail" it goes thru without the error. Any ideas?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 9 mailx problems

how come I cant email myself, here is what im typing mailx saundersc Subject: hi hello world . EOT # su saundersc # mailx No mail for saundersc (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need Help w/mailx - Sun Solaris

I have this Legato application which generates a file and then it pipes it to mailx. cat << savelog.txt | mailx -s "Saverpt `date +"%c`" myemail@xxx.com The "savelog.txt does get created and is owned by root and other group, but yet will not email using mailx to myemail@xxx.com. Mailx... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gzs553
4 Replies

6. Solaris

mailx on solaris - How to add mail body

hi, Can anyone please tell me how to add some text in the mail body like I can add subject using the following syntax. mailx -s "Hi - This is mail subject" xyz@abc.com Many Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abovais
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris Mailx Problem.

I have 4 solaris servers with similar configuration and i configured mailx in all 4 servers. i have made necessery changes in /etc/mail/sendmail.cf. and i added the mail server entry in /etc/hosts file and it is working fine in 3 servers properly. but its not working in 1 server. Everything is fine... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep.tk
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

mailx on linux just like on solaris/HP

Hello Unix lovers, I want to know if I can have mailx on linux. I am using redhat 6. My sys admin says that mailx is not availble on linux. I see on my linux system mailx is just a link to /bin/Mail program. I want to install mailx just as it is availble on soaris/HP. When my sys... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shriashishpatil
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Configure mailx in Solaris 10

Hello, We are using exchange server in our environment. I need to configure mailx to send email from Solaris box to one mail I'd which is on exchange server. I know ip of exchange server.. Let me know where should I configure that ip to do the needful? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshsun
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris mailx Configuration

Hi, I need to send an output from Solaris to my email address. For example df -h to be sent out from the Solaris. I was wondering how to configure the mailx and smtp configuration to be setup. Has anyone setup before? Thanks. :confused::confused::confused: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: freshmeat
0 Replies
MSSQL_NUM_FIELDS(3)													       MSSQL_NUM_FIELDS(3)

mssql_num_fields - Gets the number of fields in result

SYNOPSIS
int mssql_num_fields (resource $result) DESCRIPTION
mssql_num_fields(3) returns the number of fields in a result set. PARAMETERS
o $result - The result resource that is being evaluated. This result comes from a call to mssql_query(3). RETURN VALUES
Returns the number of fields, as an integer. EXAMPLES
Example #1 mssql_num_fields(3) example <?php // Connect to MSSQL and select the database $link = mssql_connect('KALLESPCSQLEXPRESS', 'sa', 'phpfi'); mssql_select_db('php', $link); // Select some data from our database $data = mssql_query('SELECT [name], [age] FROM [php].[dbo].[persons]'); // Construct a table echo '<table border="1">'; $header = false; // Iterate through returned results while ($row = mssql_fetch_array($data)) { // Build the table header if (!$header) { echo '<thead>'; echo '<tr>'; for ($i = 1; ($i + 1) <= mssql_num_fields($data); ++$i) { echo '<td>' . ucfirst($row[$i]) . '</td>'; } echo '</tr>'; echo '</thead>'; echo '<tbody>'; $header = true; } // Build the row echo '<tr>'; foreach($row as $value) { echo '<td>' . $value . '</td>'; } echo '</tr>'; } // Close table echo '</tbody>'; echo '</table>'; // Clean up mssql_free_result($data); mssql_close($link); ?> SEE ALSO
mssql_query(3), mssql_fetch_field(3), mssql_num_rows(3). PHP Documentation Group MSSQL_NUM_FIELDS(3)