Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Remove file system from Solaris disk Post 302791149 by RudiC on Monday 8th of April 2013 03:56:04 AM
Old 04-08-2013
There's many ways to "remove file system from the disk", but why would you want to do so? If errors occur, what be the error msgs?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to remove a ufs file system?

Hello, On a box with Solaris 10 I created a ufs file system and now I need to remove that file system. How do I remove a ufs file system on Solaris 10? Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmichner
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Remove os mirrored disk Solaris 10

Hello once again seeking your help, I have a mirrored disk and need to unmirror it to mount it as a new file system (/export) but could not find the correct steps to do it with out affecting the original disk. can anybody point me out on how to get this done. Thanks!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AQG
3 Replies

3. Linux

Unable to remove file using rm: Disk space is full

Hi all, My disk space is 100% full. df -k <dir> -> 100% One of my debug files consume huge amount of space and i want to remove the same to start off fresh debugs. However i'm unable to remove the file giving out the following error message: rm -f debug.out22621 rm: cannot remove... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pankajakshan
8 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Is it possible that recovering a disk with jffs2 file system ?

Is it possible that recovering a disk with jffs2 file system ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: s. murat
1 Replies

5. Programming

How to get free disk space size in C/C++ program( Solaris system)

How to get free disk space size in C/C++ program( Solaris system)? Is there any standard function or system function? Just like "df" or "getdfree" in Linux. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yidu
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find a file whick is consuming larger disk space in file system

Hello, Can anybody please tell me the command to find out the filesystem or a file which is consuming larger disk space sing i want to find out the file and want to compress it please help me out any help would be appreciated (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lokeshpashine
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Configure disk array in RAID5 and create file system

I'm new to forums, it's my first time posting. I have a sun v490 server. I just installed solaris 10.6, on the local drives. I'm being asked to do the following: For Oracle install I need “oracle” user that belong to “dba” and “oinstall” groups. File system /u01/app/oracle, 10GB (if... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kjons76
6 Replies

8. Solaris

dual boot solaris/solaris zfs file system

Hi, I am running into a some problems creating a dual boot system of 2 solaris instances using ZFS file system and I was wondering if someone can help me out. First some back ground. I have been asked to change the file system of our server from UFS to ZFS. Currently we are using Solaris... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: estammis
3 Replies

9. HP-UX

how to mount a file system from a solaris server into an hp-ux system

Hi all I wonder if its possible to mount on a hp-ux server a file system that was previously mounted on a solaris 10 server. The LUN is on NetApp stoarge. The problem on hp-ux I cannot do pvcreate on the lun (disk) because contains data. Any help will be appreciated FR (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Basic question regarding root file system copy to another disk

Hello, I am creating a new disk using the following command: dd if=/dev/zero of=/export/home/ramdisk/0 bs=512 count=4096k after creating the disk, i tool a ufsdump of a solaris 10 filesytem (disk size 512MB) ufsdump -cvf /export/home/ufsdump/sol_orig /and then restored the dump files onto... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zam_1234
10 Replies
MIME::Parser::Results(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  MIME::Parser::Results(3)

NAME
MIME::Parser::Results - results of the last entity parsed SYNOPSIS
Before reading further, you should see MIME::Parser to make sure that you understand where this module fits into the grand scheme of things. Go on, do it now. I'll wait. Ready? Ok... ### Do parse, get results: my $entity = eval { $parser->parse(*STDIN); }; my $results = $parser->results; ### Get all messages logged: @msgs = $results->msgs; ### Get messages of specific types (also tests if there were problems): $had_errors = $results->errors; $had_warnings = $results->warnings; ### Get outermost header: $top_head = $results->top_head; DESCRIPTION
Results from the last MIME::Parser parse. PUBLIC INTERFACE
new Constructor. msgs Instance method. Return all messages that we logged, in order. Every message is a string beginning with its type followed by ": "; the current types are "debug", "warning", and "error". errors Instance method. Return all error messages that we logged, in order. A convenience front-end onto msgs(). warnings Instance method. Return all warning messages that we logged, in order. A convenience front-end onto msgs(). top_head Instance method. Return the topmost header, if we were able to read it. This may be useful if the parse fails. SEE ALSO
MIME::Tools, MIME::Parser AUTHOR
Eryq (eryq@zeegee.com), ZeeGee Software Inc (http://www.zeegee.com). All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.1 2008-06-30 MIME::Parser::Results(3)