Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to grep for a string in log files generated in last 15 minutes. Post 302791071 by alister on Sunday 7th of April 2013 10:19:24 PM
Old 04-07-2013
Your problem description is absolutely useless.

Most of it sounds like you want to grep the contents of logfiles, but you do not provide a sample of what you seek (the "error string").

Then you mention -mtime which is a find primary which examines filesystem metadata, not file contents.

Before we can assist, you must coherently summarize your situation. And, please, do provide sample data.

Regards,
Alister
This User Gave Thanks to alister For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to move certain number of files every 10 minutes.

Hi, I need to move a certain number of files every 10 minutes from one folder to another. I have written the script below, however its not working, please advise. #! /bin/ksh start() { mv /test1/$(head -1000 /movetst) /test2/ sleep 600 } stop() { exit } ls ti* >... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitsayshii
1 Replies

2. Programming

Help to grep string in log files

hello guys.., i have some problem with grepping strings in log files.. so..,i need an java logic on how to grep srtings in log files the output must be in gui.., please help me .. regards raghuraipur:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raghuraipur
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Grep column 3 from csv file generated yesterday

Hello, Can any one please assist how to scirpt it: Every day a new log file is create and I want to process only the one generated yesterday and get the data of column 3 and 6. For example today's date is 24 then I want to get the data of log file created on 23rd. Log Files in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshcisco
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieve logs generated in last 10 mins from a log file using 'grep' command

HI All, I have a log file where the logs will be in the format as given below: 2011-05-25 02:32:51 INFO PROCESS STARTING 2011-05-25 02:32:52 INFO PROCESS STARTED . . . I want to retrieve only the logs which are less than 5 mins older than current time using grep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rvhg16
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

perl script to transfer newly generated files by scp

Hi all, I have root directory on server 1 say A and having sub directory B now my application generates output files and put in sub directory B. now i need to transfer these files from server1 to server2 by scp which is having same directory structure A and sub directory B I have tried... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tushar_spatil
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move all .log except those generated in the last 5 minutes

RHEL 5.8 In the directory /u03/pkms/app_logs I have several hundreds of log files as shown below. $ pwd /u03/pkms/app_logs $ ls -alrt *.log | tail -50 -rw-r----- 1 oracle dba 9439232 May 4 13:57 mvtpcem_1_722892404_94157.log -rw-r----- 1 oracle dba 9227264 May 4 13:57... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep last 30 minutes log only

I have below command, which i use for checking last two hours log file, but i want to check 30 minutes log and discard old log, only match current time with last 30 minutes. Command i am using. This below attach log file format is for this week, but sometime it got change in time of log, so i need... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to capture hostnames or ip address in the log files generated?

Team, I have prepared a script which I run from my remote machine(Jump-box)server Below is the script FILEDATE=`date +%F` LOGFILE=/home/abc/scripts/xyz.$FILEDATE.log find /home/abc/scripts/xyz.*.log -type f -mtime -3 -delete touch $LOGFILE exec 1>$LOGFILE 2>&1 #healthcheck batch runs... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: whizkidash
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep last 2 minutes log only

I have newbie, which i use for checking last one hours log file, but i want to check 2 minutes log and discard old log, only match current time with last 2 minutes. Ex log. 2018-07-03 20:09:17 2018-07-03 20:05:17 2018-07-03 20:05:18 2018-07-03 20:05:20 2018-07-03 20:06:22 2018-07-03... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ooilinlove
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep a log file for the last 5 minutes of contents every 5 minutes

Hi all, System Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS i have the following log INFO 2019-02-07 15:13:31,099 module.py:700] default: "POST /join/8550614e-3e94-4fa5-9ab2-135eefa69c1b HTTP/1.0" 500 2042 INFO 2019-02-07 15:13:31,569 module.py:700] default: "POST /join/6cb9c452-dcb1-45f3-bcca-e33f5d450105... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
15 Replies
RDSWAP(1)						      General Commands Manual							 RDSWAP(1)

["NAME"]
       rdswap - a multi-language RD documents support tool

["SYNOPSIS"]
       rdswap [ -h | -v ] filename ...

["DESCRIPTION"]
       This tool is written to support you to write multi-language documents using the Ruby-Document-Format (RD).

The idea for such a tool was originated by Minero Aoki, how has thought about, how to make life easier for developers who have to write and
       maintain scripts in more than one language.

You have to specify at least two filenames on the command line. One containing the Ruby script, the second containing a translated  RD.	If
       the  script  does  not  end  with `.rb', it has to be the first filename mentioned on the command line! In opposition, all files containing
       translations must not ending with `.rb'! They should use a extension that describes the language. So that would give us the following  pic-
       ture:

o sample.rb : Script contains the original documentation.

o sample.jp : Documentation written in Japanese.

o sample.de : Translation to German.

The  tool doesn't care about the language extensions. You can name them as you like! So the file containing the Japanese translation above,
       could also be names e.g. `sample.japan' or even `japantranslation.japan'.

For every translation file, a new file will be created. The name is build from the script filename plus the language extension. So  regard-
       ing the example above, following files would be created:

o sample.rb.jp

o sample.rb.de

or, given the alternative translation filename as mentioned above...

o sample.rb.japan

["How does it work?"]
       The  contents  of all files will be split into source and RD blocks. The source of the translation files, will be discarded! Every RD block
       may be of a certain type. The type will be taken from the contents directly following the `=begin' on the same line. If	there  is  only  a
       lonely `=begin' on a line by itself, the type of the block is `nil'. That means in
	   # File sample.rd
	   :
	   =begin
	    bla bla
	   =end
	   :
	   =begin whatever or not
	    blub blub
	   =end
	   :

the first block would be of type `nil' and the second one of type `whatever or not'.

Block  types  are  important for the translation. If a source will be generated from a script and a translation file, only these blocks are
       taken from the translation files, that comes in the right sequence and contains the same type as the block in the script! For example:
	   # File sample.rb
	   :
	   =begin gnark
	    Some comment
	   =end
	   :
	   =begin
	    block 2
	   =end
	   :
	   =begin
	    block 3
	   =end
	   :

# File sample.de
	   :
	   =begin
	    Block zwei
	   =end
	   :
	   =begin
	    Block drei
	   =end
	   :

Here, the first block of `sample.rb' will *not* be translated, as there is no translation block with that type in sample.de! So	the  first
       block  would  be  inserted as-it-is into the translated script. The blocks afterwards, however, are translated as the block type does match
       (it is `nil' there).

Attention: In a translation file, a second block will only be used, if a first one was already used (matched). A third block will  only	be
       used, if a second one was used already!

That  means,  if the first block of `sample.de' would be of type e.g. `Never match', then no block would ever be taken to replace anyone of
       `sample.rb'.

["OPTIONS"]
       ["-h"]
	      shows this help text.

["-v"]
	      shows some more text during processing.

["filename"]
	      means a file, that contains RD and/or Ruby code.

["EXAMPLES"]
	   rdswap -v sample.rb sample.ja sample.de
	   rdswap -v sample.ja sample.rb sample.de
	   rdswap -v sample.ja sample.de sample.rb
	   rdswap -v sample.??

["AUTHORS"]
       Clemens Hintze <c.hintze@gmx.net>.

June 2012								 RDSWAP(1)