Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Split file into multiple files using delimiter Post 302791019 by alister on Sunday 7th of April 2013 04:33:04 PM
Old 04-07-2013
You did it incorrectly. split needs to read from standard input (the pipe), so that it can see the result of tr's work, one url per line. Instead of the name of the file with the original data, you need to tell split to read -.

Regards,
Alister

Last edited by alister; 04-07-2013 at 05:39 PM..
This User Gave Thanks to alister For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a file into multiple files

I have a file ehich has multiple create statements as create abc 123 one two create xyz 456 four five create nnn 666 six four I want to separte each create statement in seperate files (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: glamo_2312
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

split a file into multiple files

Hi All, I have a file ABC.txt and I need to split this file on every 250 rows. And the file name should be ABC1.txt , ABC2.txt and so on. I tried with split command split -l 250 <filename> '<filename>' but the file name returned was ABC.txtaa ABC.txtab. Please... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumar66
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a file into multiple files

Hi, i have a file like this: 1|2|3|4|5| 1|2|8|4|6| Trailer1||||| 1|2|3| Trailer2||| 3|4|5|6| 3|4|5|7| 3|4|5|8| Trailer2||| I want to generate 3 files out of this based on the trailer record. Trailer record string can be different for each file or it may be same for one or two. No... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: pparthji
24 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

renaming files using split with a delimiter

I have a directory of files that I need to rename by splitting the first and second halves of the filenames using the delimiter "-O" and then renaming with the second half first, followed by two underscores and then the first half. For example, natfinal1995annvol1_14.pdf -O filenum-20639 will be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swimulator
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split file into multiple files

Hi I have a file that has multiple sequences; the sequence name is the line starting with '>'. It looks like below: infile.txt: >HE_ER tttggtgccttgactcggattgggggacctcccttgggagatcaatcccctgtcctcctgctctttgctc cgtgaaaaggatccacctatgacctctagtcctcagacccaccagcccaaggaacatctcaccaatttca >M7B_Ho_sap... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdhahbi
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help- counting delimiter in a huge file and split data into 2 files

I’m new to Linux script and not sure how to filter out bad records from huge flat files (over 1.3GB each). The delimiter is a semi colon “;” Here is the sample of 5 lines in the file: Name1;phone1;address1;city1;state1;zipcode1 Name2;phone2;address2;city2;state2;zipcode2;comment... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lv99
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

split file into multiple files

Hi, I have a file of the following syntax that has around 120K records that are tab separated. input.txt abc def klm 20 76 . + . klm_mango unix_00000001; abc def klm 83 84 . + . klm_mango unix_0000103; abc def klm 415 439 . + . klm_mango unix_00001043; I am looking for an awk oneliner... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split files based on row delimiter count

I have a huge file (around 4-5 GB containing 20 million rows) which has text like: <EOFD>11<EOFD>22<EORD>2<EOFD>2222<EOFD>3333<EORD>3<EOFD>44<EOFD>55<EORD>66<EOFD>888<EOFD>9999<EORD> Actually above is an extracted file from a Sql Server with each field delimited by <EOFD> and each row ends... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: amvip
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script to Split matrix file with delimiter into multiple files

I have a large semicolon delimited file with thousands of columns and many thousands of line. It looks like: ID1;ID2;ID3;ID4;A_1;B_1;C_1;A_2;B_2;C_2;A_3;B_3;C_3 AA;ax;ay;az;01;02;03;04;05;06;07;08;09 BB;bx;by;bz;03;05;33;44;15;26;27;08;09 I want to split this table in to multiple files: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trymega
1 Replies
Bio::Structure::Atom(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Bio::Structure::Atom(3pm)

NAME
Bio::Structure::Atom - Bioperl structure Object, describes an Atom SYNOPSIS
#add synopsis here DESCRIPTION
This object stores a Bio::Structure::Atom FEEDBACK
Mailing Lists User feedback is an integral part of the evolution of this and other Bioperl modules. Send your comments and suggestions preferably to one of the Bioperl mailing lists. Your participation is much appreciated. bioperl-l@bioperl.org - General discussion http://bioperl.org/wiki/Mailing_lists - About the mailing lists Support Please direct usage questions or support issues to the mailing list: bioperl-l@bioperl.org rather than to the module maintainer directly. Many experienced and reponsive experts will be able look at the problem and quickly address it. Please include a thorough description of the problem with code and data examples if at all possible. Reporting Bugs Report bugs to the Bioperl bug tracking system to help us keep track the bugs and their resolution. Bug reports can be submitted via the web: https://redmine.open-bio.org/projects/bioperl/ AUTHOR - Kris Boulez Email kris.boulez@algonomics.com APPENDIX
The rest of the documentation details each of the object methods. Internal methods are usually preceded with a _ new() Title : new() Usage : $struc = Bio::Structure::Atom->new( -id => 'human_id', ); Function: Returns a new Bio::Structure::Atom object from basic constructors. Probably most called from Bio::Structure::IO. Returns : a new Bio::Structure::Atom object x() Title : x Usage : $x = $atom->x($x); Function: Set/gets the X coordinate for an Atom Returns : The value for the X coordinate of the Atom (This is just a number, it is expected to be in Angstrom, but no garantees) Args : The X coordinate as a number y() Title : y Usage : $y = $atom->y($y); Function: Set/gets the Y coordinate for an Atom Returns : The value for the Y coordinate of the Atom (This is just a number, it is eypected to be in Angstrom, but no garantees) Args : The Y coordinate as a number z() Title : z Usage : $z = $atom->z($z); Function: Set/gets the Z coordinate for an Atom Returns : The value for the Z coordinate of the Atom (This is just a number, it is ezpected to be in Angstrom, but no garantees) Args : The Z coordinate as a number xyz() Title : xyz Usage : ($x,$y,$z) = $atom->xyz; Function: Gets the XYZ coordinates for an Atom Returns : A list with the value for the XYZ coordinate of the Atom Args : residue() Title : residue Usage : Function: No code here, all parent/child stuff via Entry Returns : Args : icode() Title : icode Usage : $icode = $atom->icode($icode) Function: Sets/gets the icode Returns : Returns the icode for this atom Args : reference to an Atom serial() Title : serial Usage : $serial = $atom->serial($serial) Function: Sets/gets the serial number Returns : Returns the serial number for this atom Args : reference to an Atom occupancy() Title : occupancy Usage : $occupancy = $atom->occupancy($occupancy) Function: Sets/gets the occupancy Returns : Returns the occupancy for this atom Args : reference to an Atom tempfactor() Title : tempfactor Usage : $tempfactor = $atom->tempfactor($tempfactor) Function: Sets/gets the tempfactor Returns : Returns the tempfactor for this atom Args : reference to an Atom segID() Title : segID Usage : $segID = $atom->segID($segID) Function: Sets/gets the segID Returns : Returns the segID for this atom Args : reference to an Atom pdb_atomname() Title : pdb_atomname Usage : $pdb_atomname = $atom->pdb_atomname($pdb_atomname) Function: Sets/gets the pdb_atomname (atomname used in the PDB file) Returns : Returns the pdb_atomname for this atom Args : reference to an Atom element() Title : element Usage : $element = $atom->element($element) Function: Sets/gets the element Returns : Returns the element for this atom Args : reference to an Atom charge() Title : charge Usage : $charge = $atom->charge($charge) Function: Sets/gets the charge Returns : Returns the charge for this atom Args : reference to an Atom sigx() Title : sigx Usage : $sigx = $atom->sigx($sigx) Function: Sets/gets the sigx Returns : Returns the sigx for this atom Args : reference to an Atom sigy() Title : sigy Usage : $sigy = $atom->sigy($sigy) Function: Sets/gets the sigy Returns : Returns the sigy for this atom Args : reference to an Atom sigz() Title : sigz Usage : $sigz = $atom->sigz($sigz) Function: Sets/gets the sigz Returns : Returns the sigz for this atom Args : reference to an Atom sigocc() Title : sigocc Usage : $sigocc = $atom->sigocc($sigocc) Function: Sets/gets the sigocc Returns : Returns the sigocc for this atom Args : reference to an Atom sigtemp() Title : sigtemp Usage : $sigtemp = $atom->sigtemp($sigtemp) Function: Sets/gets the sigtemp Returns : Returns the sigtemp for this atom Args : reference to an Atom aniso() Title : aniso Usage : $u12 = $atom->aniso("u12", $u12) Function: Sets/gets the anisotropic temperature factors Returns : Returns the requested factor for this atom Args : reference to an Atom, name of the factor, value for the factor id() Title : id Usage : $atom->id("CZ2") Function: Gets/sets the ID for this atom Returns : the ID Args : the ID _remove_residue() Title : _remove_residue Usage : Function: Removes the Residue this Atom is atttached to. Returns : Args : _grandparent() Title : _grandparent Usage : Function: get/set a symbolic reference to our grandparent Returns : Args : perl v5.14.2 2012-03-02 Bio::Structure::Atom(3pm)