Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Multiple records need to convert UNIXtime to human readable datatime and all output in one format Post 302790965 by RudiC on Sunday 7th of April 2013 01:30:50 PM
Old 04-07-2013
Actually, when I remove the ^M from and replace commas with semicolons in the text file, just opening it with gnumeric (EXCEL?) leads to the identical file that saps19 posted. No mysteries, no witchcraft, no heroes.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

formatting output in human readable numbers

Hi, The following command provides the usage in 1024-byte blocks du -ks * | sort -n | echo "$1" ... 1588820 user10 2463140 user11 2464096 user12 5808484 user13 6387400 user14 ..... I am trying to produce an output of first coulmn by multiplying by 1024 so that the output should... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghazi
11 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To convert multi format file to a readable ascii format

Hi I have a file which has ascii , binary, binary decimal coded,decimal & hexadecimal data with lot of special characters (like öƒ.ƒ.„İİ¡Š·œƒ.„İİ¡Š· ) in it. I want to standardize the file into ASCII format & later use that as source . Can any one suggest a way a logic to convert such... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaur.deepti
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to convert epoch into human-readable

This is what I have to start out with more file 1208217600 1208131200 1193806800 I want to convert the epoch column into a human-readable format. My file has hundreds of these epoch times that I want to loop through and convert. (The epoch time is really the last column of the line) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: snoman1
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert unix date to readable format

Dear Experts, I need your help to convert a unix date and time format number in to readable format like dd/mm/yyyy . I have a text file of more than 10,000 records and it is like NAME DATE1 COUNTRY DATE2 ABD 1223580395699 USA 1223580395699... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shary
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to make user's qutoa in human readable format?

$ quota Disk quotas for user cqlouis (uid 1254): Filesystem blocks quota limit grace files quota limit grace /dev/sdb1 64 300000 320000 8 0 0 $ I want to make the output of command quota in human readable format? How to? As we... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cqlouis
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert timezone into human output

Hi I have a command which returns a timezone, Ej: root@bsades2: /usr/local/bin # lsuser -a time_last_login israel israel time_last_login=1279032223 Question: I want to parse this timezone '1279032223' into a 'martes, 13 de julio de 2010 16:43:43' from the ksh shell. Is itt possible? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert epoch to human readable date & time format

Hello I have log file from solaris system which has date field converted by Java application using System.currentTimeMillis() function, example is 1280943608380 which equivalent to GMT: Wed, 04 Aug 2010 17:40:08 GMT. Now I need a function in shell script which will convert 1280943608380... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yaminib
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display Directories with their sizes in human readable format

Hi, I want to list all the directories present in a particular location and want to display their sizes as well. I know "ls -lh" but it doesn't show the size of the complete directory. So i want something like dir1 266 MB dir2 2 KB dir3 22 MB ... ... file1 10 Kb ..... Thanks Sarbjit (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert epoch time stamp into human readable format

Can someone help me to write a shell script to convert epoch timestamp into human readable format 1394553600,"test","79799776.0","19073982.728571","77547576.0","18835699.285714" 1394553600,"test1","80156064.0","19191275.014286","62475360.000000","14200554.720000"... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Moon1234
10 Replies

10. Programming

How to parse .nessus file to get result in human readable format?

Scripting Language: bash shell script, python I want to parse .nessus file in human readable format. If any one have any ideas please help me. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sk151993
2 Replies
GNUMERIC(1)							       GNOME							       GNUMERIC(1)

NAME
gnumeric - a GNOME spreadsheet application. SYNOPSIS
gnumeric [OPTIONS] [files ... ] DESCRIPTION
Gnumeric is a powerful spreadsheet program created by the GNOME project. Gnumeric intends to compete with commercial spreadsheets by becom- ing fully compatible with Microsoft Excel(TM) and through the support of most popular spreadsheet file formats such as Excel(TM), Lotus 1-2-3(TM), Applix(TM), Sylk(TM), XBase(TM), Oleo(TM) and OpenOffice.org formats. Gnumeric supports advanced calculations using statistical, financial and database access functions. Plotting data is supported through an incomplete but powerful plotting system. A plugin system extends gnumeric , for instance enabling the export of data to the LaTeX longtable format. Plugins can be used to define custom functionality. A rudimentary scripting API for the Python language exists and will be extended in the near future. Since gnumeric is free software, gnumeric can also be extended directly at the source code level by any competent programmer. The program can be started from the command line as gnumeric or from one of the menus provided by the underlying platform. When started on the command line, gnumeric may be followed by the options listed below and possibly the names of files in various spreadsheet formats which will then be opened immediately. For instance, the command: gnumeric myfile.gnumeric will launch gnumeric and open the file called "myfile.gnumeric". The default gnumeric file format is in extensible markup language (XML) which subsequently has been compressed with gzip. USER OPTIONS
This program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with single letter options starting with a single dash (`-') and longer options starting with two dashes (`--'). Help options -?, --help Show help message. --usage Displays a brief usage message. Gnumeric options -v, --version Displays the version number of the installed instance of gnumeric. --no-splash Start gnumeric without showing the splash screen. The splash screen is normally shown if loading files takes too long. -L, --lib-dir=STRING Set the root library directory to STRING which should be a pathname. -D, --data-dir=STRING Adjust the root data directory to STRING which should be a pathname. Options for window placement -g, --geometry=WIDTHxHEIGHT+XOFF+YOFF Set the size and position of the first window. All units are in pixels. The X offset is from the left hand side of the screen, the Y offset is from the top of the screen. For example, -g=800x600+20+30 will open a gnumeric window 800 pixels wide by 600 pixels high, with the left edge of gnumeric 20 pixels from the left of the screen and the top edge of gnumeric 30 pixels from the top of the screen. --display=DISPLAY X display to use, where DISPLAY has the form machinename:Xdisplay.Screen. Note that the machine displaying gnumeric must have granted the machine running gnumeric the right to display (see xhost). --screen=SCREEN X screen to use, a more compact form of the functionality described above. ADVANCED OPTIONS
Gnumeric options --dump-func-defs=FILE Dumps the function definitions to the file with name FILE. --dump-func-state=FILE Dumps the function definitions to the file with name FILE. --debug=LEVEL Enables some debugging functions. --debug_deps=LEVEL Enables some dependency related debugging functions. --debug_share=LEVEL Enables some dependency functions for expression sharing. --debug_print=LEVEL Enables some print debugging behavior. --quit Exit immediately after loading the selected books (useful for testing). Oaf options --oaf-ior-fd=FD File descriptor on which to print the IOR. --oaf-activate-iid=IID IID to activate. --oaf-private Prevent registering of server with OAF. GNOME options --disable-sound Disable sound server usage. --enable-sound Enable sound server usage. --espeaker=HOSTNAME:PORT Host:port on which the sound server to use is running. --disable-crash-dialog Disable the bug submission dialog which appears if Gnumeric crashes. GTK options --gdk-debug=FLAGS Gdk debugging flags to set. --gdk-no-debug=FLAGS Gdk debugging flags to unset. --sync Make X calls synchronous. --name=NAME Program name as used by the window manager. --class=CLASS Program class as used by the window manager. --gxid_host=HOST The host on which to contact the gxid daemon. This overrides the GXID_HOST environment variable. This option is only available if GTK+ has been configured with --gdk-target=x11. --gxid_port=PORT The port for the connection to gxid. This overrides the GXID_PORT environment variable. This option is only available if GTK+ has been configured with --gdk-target=x11. --gtk-debug=FLAGS Gtk+ debugging flags to set. --gtk-no-debug=FLAGS Gtk+ debugging flags to unset. --g-fatal-warnings Make all warnings fatal. --gtk-module=MODULE Load an additional Gtk module. Session management options --sm-client-id=ID Specify session management ID. --sm-config-prefix=PREFIX Specify prefix of saved configuration. --sm-disable Disable connection to session manager. VERSION
This manual page describes gnumeric version 1.8. BUGS
For the list of known gnumeric bugs, or to report new ones please visit http://bugzilla.gnome.org. SEE ALSO
ssconvert(1), ssindex(1), ssgrep(1) The Gnumeric Manual Available through the Help menu or online <http://www.gnome.org/projects/gnumeric/doc/gnumeric.shtml>. The Gnumeric Homepage <http://www.gnome.org/projects/gnumeric/>. The GNOME project page <http://www.gnome.org/>. LICENSE
Gnumeric is licensed under the terms of the General Public License (GPL), version 2. For information on this license look at the source code that came with the software or see the GNU project page <http://www.gnu.org/>. COPYRIGHT
The copyright on the gnumeric software and source code is held by the individual authors as is documented in the source code. AUTHORS
Gnumeric Jody Goldberg <jody@gnome.org> Miguel de Icaza <miguel@gnome.org> Morten Welinder <terra@gnome.org> -- and many others. For a more complete list, see the About dialog. This manual page Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org> Adrian Custer <acuster@gnome.org> gnumeric 2009-02-08 GNUMERIC(1)